This is my 5th GSD. I am a senior now and had doubts about my age and being able to "keep up" with the breed anymore. So, this time I chose a female. She'll be 2 1/2 this month.

Just wanted to say how well it has worked out. I mean, this relationship with this dog is getting to the extraordinary. I am a pet owner. But this girl is something different. It's like our minds are tied together. I know that its because I'm retired now and literally with her at least 22/7, but still!

I feel like I have a child of 4 that just can't speak but communicates in all other ways that are extremely clear. People talk about how important it is to train "focus" as a key to training and I know that's vital and I used all the suggestions. There were many times along the way that I thought she'd never settle and mature.

But I also believe, that there's something else... a huge plus.. that may be breeding (if so, I got lucky) but it's something that goes far beyond training... maybe an ultimate trust and mutual respect in a way - it's like I'm so proud of her, her instant recall even in hairy situations, her fun loving attitude - she's just perfect for me! Just wanted to share with you all that can understand:) Sorry for the happy rant She ended up being 82lbs but is lean.

Edited by RaisingBaby (01/06/17 02:38 AM)