This weekend, Risa competed in canine freestyle (her favorite sport) for the last time. She had two spectacular performances and earned her Veteran Grand Championship in RFE musical freestyle. It was a whirlwind weekend of emotions (since I also hosted the event) but one I won't soon forget.

Risa is my project dog. Fearful and dog reactive. . .she should never have been a sport dog. She then blew a disc in her back last year and I wasn't even sure she'd get back in the ring. She's earned five titles since.

She could probably do this forever but I'm starting to see more signs of her age and thought it would be best to let her go out on top rather than when she told me she'd had enough.

Thanks for everything, Risa. If not for you, I wouldn't be so dedicated to dog training or canine freestyle. I owe you so much. Thank you. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement from competition (you're still welcome to play any time!).

Veteran MF-GrCH Dancing Cavy's Pain in the Butte W-FDM/MF MF-M Vet InS/E R-FE/N PCD BN RAE RL1 (AoE) RNX CA CGC WCX3

It Just Keeps Getting Better: Risa's Blog
Pet Portraits