Do you want the pup? (in this situation) What can you do to mitigate it? Can you set boundaries? (sounds like this one's an issue). If your dad wants the pup, does he want her badly enough to agree to your way? Will he sign a contract stating that? (may as well get the bellyaching over with now - OK that's wishful thinking but get some of it out anyway). I'd lay down some real rules and include something like "no bitching about the price." Do you have a trainer you like there that you can go with the pup and drag him along?

So - this is a hard one. I could not live with my folks but my folks are not your folks. (That's not to say your Dad doesn't sound a bit over-bearing and I am sure seems a total PIA some times -- and that's not to say I could live with anyone) But your tolerance is far greater than mine...

What would I do? I'd lay down the law and present him with a contract. I'd also address other issues - as in "What can I do to reassure you I'm alright? Being checked on makes me feel discounted/frustrated etc. and we need to figure out another way"