Excellent advice Middle.

I think the biggest and hardest thing about this is setting boundaries. Like I told him during this last round, a phone call is so less intrusive and acceptable over the drive by checking up on me.

So last night I was chatting online with the people who I am counting on for transporting her, and it is starting to sound like her ride might be falling apart. As much as I want her, it is starting to feel like it is just not meant to be.

With that being said, I also started looking at how this would go with starting a new job, IF I can even get hired in town. I also tried to nail dad down on whether he wanted a pup in the house this winter or not and he has left it up to me.

In the long run, I am thinking it would be better to wait and focus on getting work in town and getting settled in a job before I get crazy about a puppy and find myself having to leave it with him while I am at work. I can wait until I am retired and let Z live out his senior years in peace. I think the pup would be more exciting for me later down the road.

I think this is more about being sensible now than about giving in to my puppy fever smile

R.I.P. Kiki, Nadia, Pepe, and all my other loves from years gone by.