I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a very long time since I've been here. Siena is now 11 years and 4 months and is doing pretty well overall.

She, recently, has had some issues with her hip following a hike (that is something she does every week and the rest of the week, we do shorter bursts of exercise). She has a bionic hip (at 3.5 years old) and one that is still not great. She's done well so far, really well, actually, but we're seeing more toe knuckling (she's always done it, but now she's not correcting her 'bad' leg and not wanting to put it down). It causes issues on hard surfaces with her feet (ie wears the nail down to the point it bleeds, or has to wear heavy boots for protection). Then, when she's on grass, it makes her pads not as calloused and she gets cuts.

Anyhow, my vet mentioned the splits that help keep the foot in the proper position and give it more stability. I think it's time. The one I'm considering is fairly pricey at about $70 per foot and we need two. So, I'm curious if anyone else has used something similar, etc.) Looking for pros and cons or any issues (fixed or created). Thanks.

So far, I've identified this product (I need to call them Monday about the sizing as she appears to be in between sizes):

SPLINT https://www.handicappedpets.com/walkin-rear-splint/

Diana - owned by Siena Rose (Oct 29, 2006 'Kiena vom Nadelhaus')