German Shepherd Home
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#143555 - 03/23/11 12:06 PM Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies...
GSDElsa Offline
Veteran

Loc: CNY
I'm going round and round about this.

We keep talking about doing RAW, but just can't find the space to have a good freezer and our setup is not the best. But it might happen down the road.

Orijen and Acana...I've been feeling rather ambivilent about them lately. Between the price increases and availability issues...ehh not feeling it. Orijen is probably more expensive than feeding RAW now. And if I'm going to pay that much for dog food, then I might as well just suck it up and do RAW rather than anything processed.

So bring the suggestions on! Elsa gets Natural Balance and EVO Red (we just started adding the EVO back in after a break because I thught it might be causing an ear infection, but so far so good). I don't want to feed either to a puppy. I like the idea of a single-source protein for puppies, but I don't think the LID foods quite pull it off to feed if you don't have to. NB has been a god-send for Elsa, though.

Top Likes: 0 
#143561 - 03/23/11 12:14 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
GSDElsa Offline
Veteran

Oh, and I'm trying to avoid chicken. Elsa is allergic to it and so many dogs have chicken issues I don't really want it in the house or to bother with it.

#143686 - 03/23/11 05:23 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
Kayos Offline

Can't Figure Tech Stuff Out

Loc: McAlester, OK
I fed Natural Balance to Havoc and it was recommended by the breeder if we did not do raw. I had him on the Venison and then switched to Duck and then Fish.

PTE,AC,URO3,AG2,UCD Xtra!Xtra! v. TeMar CDX,GN,RE,CGC,TC,HIC, Bh "Havoc" 6/4/07
PAM, URO3, UCD, UACH Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" CD,BN,RE,AX,AJP,OFP,P1J,CA,DN,HT,TKN,TC,CGCA 4/4/12

Lucky, Wolf, Max, Kayos - gone not forgotten. gsdhalo

#143752 - 03/23/11 08:52 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Kayos]
Bradyddr Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Massachusetts
I have Cooper on Fromm puppy gold

Proudly owned by
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC (5/4/05-12/5/11) RIP my sweet angel
Cooper von Nordosten, 12/27/10
Brayla von RyanHaus, 4/16/12
Finley vom Kleinen Hain, 10/20/15
Missy Chocolate Lab (3/9/03-11/2/15)

#143757 - 03/23/11 09:22 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Bradyddr]
JeanKBBMMMAAN Offline
Rescues Rule Admin

I have finally decided to listen to my dog food guy and start baby puppies on limited ingredient diets (even with <gasp> grains) because it seems like when I do that, there are great results. He said it's similar to the idea that we don't feed babies a full Thanksgiving meal, but start with giving them one thing, then after a while, another.

I like to keep that calcium/phosphorus thing in mind, I try not to give a fancy protein, but do something like chicken/rice, lamb/rice. I have done the California Naturals and liked the way that worked a lot. Then I work into something like GO! Salmon/Oats or the Pinnacle foods with lesser ingredients, and then let them eat the bajillion ingredients in other foods as they hit 8-10 months.

With that, or actually now that I have learned from diarrhea, and then going backwards, then forwards, I have dogs that can rotate without issue every two months (KW).

Edited by JeanKBBMMMAAN (03/23/11 09:23 PM)

Check Out the BDBH Howliday Blog

#143769 - 03/23/11 10:05 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: JeanKBBMMMAAN]
AgilePaws Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Woodstock, IL
I have Riva on Canidae Chicken and Rice. It's an all-life stages formula and it has the appropriate calcium and phosphorus levels. I prefer adult food over puppy formulas and her breeder also starts his puppies on adult food. In a few weeks I'll be changing to another protein and carb formula, haven't decided which one yet. I like to change protein and carb sources every 3-4 months as was recommended by Dr. Karen Becker at a food summit. She says that's a way to prevent food allergies from developing.

RATCH SG Wisp v Schneiden Fels BH RA CAA CGC TC HIC
SG Chase v Mittelwest BH

VP1 Flame v Nummer-Eins

#143840 - 03/24/11 05:32 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: JeanKBBMMMAAN]
GSDElsa Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAAN
I have finally decided to listen to my dog food guy and start baby puppies on limited ingredient diets (even with <gasp> grains) because it seems like when I do that, there are great results. He said it's similar to the idea that we don't feed babies a full Thanksgiving meal, but start with giving them one thing, then after a while, another.

I like to keep that calcium/phosphorus thing in mind, I try not to give a fancy protein, but do something like chicken/rice, lamb/rice. I have done the California Naturals and liked the way that worked a lot. Then I work into something like GO! Salmon/Oats or the Pinnacle foods with lesser ingredients, and then let them eat the bajillion ingredients in other foods as they hit 8-10 months.

With that, or actually now that I have learned from diarrhea, and then going backwards, then forwards, I have dogs that can rotate without issue every two months (KW).

See, that was kind of my thought with those foods. They are just so "blah" as far as nutritional oompf. I just feel like dogfood as so much carp in it sometimes that an 8 week old puppy doesn't need and less can be more. Maybe I will just start off with and LID food and see how it goes. I've had SUCH good luck with NB. The foster I've had have all ended up on it eventually when other foods don't work out well. It is definitely not a 6 star food, but they do what they do darn well.

#143845 - 03/24/11 05:52 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: JeanKBBMMMAAN]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Loc: Northern CA
Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAAN

I like to keep that calcium/phosphorus thing in mind, I try not to give a fancy protein, but do something like chicken/rice, lamb/rice. I have done the California Naturals and liked the way that worked a lot. Then I work into something like GO! Salmon/Oats or the Pinnacle foods with lesser ingredients, and then let them eat the bajillion ingredients in other foods as they hit 8-10 months. ...

I think that this is an important article:
http://www.dogcathomeprepareddiet.com/adaptation_to_the_diet.html

This talks of very young pups, but I think the process is important as they age, much to what you allude to:

Age for Development of Oral Tolerance
Animals must be able to develop oral tolerance when they are weaned and begin eating new foods. It is unknown when a puppy or kitten has the maturity to develop oral tolerance. It is estimated that they must be older than six weeks. If new foods are consumed before that age, it is likely that oral tolerance will not develop. Feeding a new food to which an animal has no oral tolerance is likely to result in allergy to that food.

Lots more good stuff in that article by Strombeck.

Jazmine, mini-mix, 10/18/2011
Max-n-Indy
Max, 5/2001-2/2012, RIP my partner, my Regal Boy
Indy, 5/1997-10/2010, RIP my friend, my teacher

Health Index
K9 TBD info and Tick List Links
http://www.rabieschallengefund.org/

#147249 - 04/07/11 10:36 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
Liesje Offline
Pooh-Bah

I feed all my dogs an LID (California Natural, usually the Lamb and Rice). Nikon, Anna, and Pan were all switched to this as little puppies and did/are doing great. Nikon was weaned to Nature's Variety, Anna to Wellness Core, and Pan to Fromm Gold. In each case I got some of their food and switched over to Cal Nat.

I've wondered about the food being palatable and the dogs getting sick of it over time but of all the foods I've tried over the years everyone LOVES the Cal Nat LIDs. Pan will do obedience for it the same as a high value treat and Nikon used to get it on his tracks.

Sometimes I wonder about variety so occasionally I toss the dogs raw beef marrow bones, raw venison, raw eggs, and other table scraps but certainly not at the volume of actually feeding raw/homecooked. If I'm running low on kibble and trying to make it to a Sunday (when I see my friend who supplies me), I often feed the dogs meals of raw meat, raw eggs, cottage cheese, salmon oil, and random leftovers we probably won't eat but aren't necessarily bad yet.

All my dogs have been very healthy, no allergies or digestive problems. They have clean, healthy coats and eyes. Kenya and Coke have awesome poops on the LID, they are small and firm and basically break down within a day or two like raw poops. Nikon and Pan's aren't quite as firm but they are both still growing and eating a lot (Coke and Kenya only need 2 cups of food total each day).

#147407 - 04/08/11 01:59 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Liesje]
cassadee7 Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Southern WA
I am still doing Orijen LBP but at some point would like to switch to a less expensive food, maybe even one I don't have to drive to another town to get. Even the adult Orijen is cheaper and it says it has about the same calcium levels as puppy. I also like the idea of the California Natural Lamb & Rice, not sure how the price compares. I am going to take a look at it. I know it is sold in the local "nicer" pet store.
Kira vom Snoozhaus ZZZ CGC!!!

Saber's Blog: http://stuffsaberdoes.blogspot.com/

#147408 - 04/08/11 02:16 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: cassadee7]
GSD07 Offline
Enthusiast

I feed Pinnacle and add stuff the same way Lies does.

#150376 - 04/20/11 04:59 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSD07]
AgilePaws Offline
Pooh-Bah

I switched Riva to Solid Gold Wolf Cub. She started to get a little itchy while on the chicken formula, so I looked for a much different protein source. She's doing great on it and really loves it. Not that she's been picky, she will eat anything. I broke my own rule of not using a puppy formula, but the Wolf King's protein and fat contents were too low for her age, IMO.

SG Chase v Mittelwest BH

VP1 Flame v Nummer-Eins

#150959 - 04/22/11 09:00 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
FunkyMonkeyJosie Offline

When Josie was a puppy i had her on Solid Gold Wolf Cub. That was what the breeder was feeding so i just stuck with it. She now eats grain free Canidae, she will be switching to single grain free canidae, alittle cheaper than the grain free one wink. Josie only stayed on puppy food til she was 6 months old though.

Edited by FunkyMonkeyJosie (04/22/11 09:02 PM)

#167424 - 07/12/11 08:13 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: FunkyMonkeyJosie]
Kibblelady Offline

Loc: Jersey Shore
I have a question for those feed both NB and Cali Nat... I have always noticed that both of these foods are a lot lower in protein/fat content but know a few of the formulations have over 500kcals per cup... this confuses me and has never seemed to add up in terms of what one would expect when looking at a guaranteed analysis. Has anyone had issues with having pups or active dogs on these lower protein foods? Does anyone know what the kcal amounts are of the formulations they are feeding?

Thanks,
Cherri
Abby, Charlie, Jonbe and Louie the Dastardly Dachshunds

#168101 - 07/15/11 11:13 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Kibblelady]
AgilePaws Offline
Pooh-Bah

Cherri, I don't have my puppy on Cal Natural Chicken and Rice but I've had Starine, my DM dog, on it for years and she has done wonderfully, especially in maintaining firm stools.

I do check the kcals on the foods I feed all of my dogs. Riva is now 7 months old and I have switched her to Canidae Beef and Fish in keeping up with my rotational diet. I like the Calcium (1.4) and Phosphorus (1.0) counts and it has 457 kcals per cup. That's the appr. amount I like to keep all of my dogs on.

SG Chase v Mittelwest BH

VP1 Flame v Nummer-Eins

#168113 - 07/15/11 11:31 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Kibblelady]
GSDElsa Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Kibblelady
I have a question for those feed both NB and Cali Nat... I have always noticed that both of these foods are a lot lower in protein/fat content but know a few of the formulations have over 500kcals per cup... this confuses me and has never seemed to add up in terms of what one would expect when looking at a guaranteed analysis. Has anyone had issues with having pups or active dogs on these lower protein foods? Does anyone know what the kcal amounts are of the formulations they are feeding?

Thanks,
Cherri

Nope, never had any issues with them. They formulate them specifically that way to be easier on the gut, but still have good ingredients in them.

Elsa has been on straight NB off and on quite a bit before. She trains regularily pretty hard and has NEVER had issues on it with energy.

But I do think there are BETTER foods to feed dogs if you don't NEED an LID. If your dog DOES need a LID....they are wonderul.

Edited by GSDElsa (07/15/11 11:33 PM)

#168153 - 07/16/11 09:52 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
JeanKBBMMMAAN Offline
Rescues Rule Admin

I was just doing some more reading on the calcium thing:
http://www.lgd.org/library/Optimal%20feeding%20of%20large%20breed%20puppies.pdf

http://www.newmanveterinary.com/large.html

https://www.msu.edu/~silvar/hips.htm

I use the LID for the first months, usually going from CA Natural to Pinnacle and then on to grain frees.

Here is the CA Natural Herring: http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/default.asp?panel=na&id=1326
Protein 21.065 %
Fat 11.677
Omega 3 1.587 %
Fiber 3.657 %
Calcium 0.999 %
419 kcal/cup (4.3 oz = 1 cup)
Herring
Barley
Oatmeal
Herring Meal
Herring Oil
Sunflower Oil
Sweet Potatoes

So not real meaty/proteiny but for a while...it seems to help them keep a nice steady growth, good stools, calm stomachs?

#168822 - 07/20/11 11:52 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: JeanKBBMMMAAN]
LifeAsMe Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I now know why people get headaches looking for puppy food! I'm looking for a mid range food for my sister's new lab puppy. Single income so not top of the line and not bottom of the barrel. Any suggestions in the $40 range?

#168859 - 07/20/11 05:22 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: LifeAsMe]
JeanKBBMMMAAN Offline
Rescues Rule Admin

Well, I love those California Naturals foods for puppies - or the Pinnacle if the right calcium levels. I think they are in that range?

I posted a sticky on puppy food on .com

Part of it - probably will not format well. I used the article Lisa posted above too.
6. Consider not feeding a food with so many ingredients to very young puppies and introduce new ones over time, similar to feeding babies: Adaptation to the Diet (link is above)

7. Calcium information - note that they are not talking ratio but calcium number and are not talking protein amounts but keeping large puppies LEAN:
http://www.lgd.org/library/Optimal%2...%20puppies.pdf

https://www.msu.edu/~silvar/hips.htm

Large Breed Puppy Diet Recommendations Be sure to read it all as it talks about energy as well.
Quote:

1. Calcium: The ideal calcium content, on a dry weight basis is 0.7%-1.2%-. AAFCO recommendation is 1%-2.5% which is generally acceptable though not ideal; however, for giantbreeds, such as the Great Dane, the lower end of this range is especially recommended. It is believed that calcium in excess of 3% on a dry weight basis can predispose to significant skeletal abnormalities, such as those mentioned above. Keep in mind, also, that adding of vitamins, particularly Vitamin D, will also increase absorption of dietary calcium (to possibly excessive levels).

Sources of Vitamin D would likely include the sun?
Ester C also has calcium in it.
Check vitamins or supplements if you give them, for calcium.

#190256 - 10/27/11 03:47 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: JeanKBBMMMAAN]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MA
Reviving this helpful thread. I searched and searched for a list of premium foods that list the foods by Calcium content, and I couldn't find one. So I chomped through the nutrient analysis of

a) the foods listed on http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ From there:

Innova Dry Puppy Food has 1.07% Ca, and the adult Innova dry foods around 1.2%.
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php/product/2287

Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy has "Calcium Not Less Than 1.0%
Calcium Not More Than 1.40%"
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php/product/2205

b) the Natura foods at the Natura page http://www.naturapet.com/ and found none of them in the recommended range of 0.7% to 1.2% Ca. They are around 2% and more.

Would anyone have comments, recommendations, experience with these foods? Thanks!
Captain Jack, Mama Blue, Little Orca, Bübchen, Tux, Cherub (pocket lions)

#190464 - 10/28/11 10:07 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: shepnterrier]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

Found this helpful:

"Nutrition and Skeletal Health in Dogs – Relationship of Nutrition to Developmental Skeletal Disease in Young Dogs" by Daniel C. Richardson Phillip W. Toll
http://www.joint-health-for-dogs.com/nutrition-dogs.html

Summary:
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/663911

#190500 - 10/28/11 02:04 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: shepnterrier]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

That's what I bought, Innova Large Breed Puppy, with 0.9% Ca:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showproduct.php?product=2281&cat=all

#190845 - 10/30/11 11:53 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: shepnterrier]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: shepnterrier
Found this helpful:

"Nutrition and Skeletal Health in Dogs – Relationship of Nutrition to Developmental Skeletal Disease in Young Dogs" by Daniel C. Richardson Phillip W. Toll
http://www.joint-health-for-dogs.com/nutrition-dogs.html

Summary:
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/663911

Authors' credentials:
http://www.k-state.edu/media/mediaguide/bios/drichardsonbio.html
Veterinarian and nutrition specialist, his career mostly at Hill's Science Diet (hm). That is also where the co-author is acc. to his publications in veterinary journals.

#190892 - 10/30/11 06:57 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: shepnterrier]
GSDElsa Offline
Veteran

I have fed Wellness a couple times. Or attempted to feed it. I've decided there is something that doesn't agree with GSD tummies in it. Or at least something that the GSD's that come through my house. I tried to give it to 2 fosters and Medo. All had the runs on it. Booo!

#190929 - 10/30/11 10:51 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
Cassidy's Mom Offline
Veteran

Loc: SF Bay Area
Wellness didn't work for Halo either. She did fabulous on Orijen LBP - figures, since it's so expensive!

#191014 - 10/31/11 08:58 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Cassidy's Mom]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: New Milford, CT
I've tried the Wellness Core for my adult dogs and while they didn't get the runs, they had room clearing gas on it.

I may have used the one of the other Wellness formulas for Caleb when he was a puppy and he was generally OK on it.

(Isn't this helpful, Sarah - telling you things that didn't work? laugh )

Edited by Woodreb (10/31/11 09:00 AM)

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)
Ciara(aka Ciara Belle, Black Devil)

RIP Aodhán, Rica, Max, Kelly - gone but never forgotten - forever in my heart

#191158 - 10/31/11 08:36 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Johanna - Dante had room clearing gas on Wellness Core as well, I finally decided it was the 'taters

My Blog: https://barbrambling.wordpress.com/

#191453 - 11/01/11 09:55 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

I've used other grain free kibbles that have 'taters in them without a problem. For my guys, I was suspecting flaxseed. If I stay away from that in the food, they don't have a problem.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#194531 - 11/18/11 09:00 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
AgilePaws Offline
Pooh-Bah

I changed Riva's food again. She has been on Canidae Beef and Fish but has been itchy lately. I had planned on putting her on grain-free in a few months, but decided to do it now, in case it is allergies. She'll be 1 yo in a few weeks. (Although the itchies could be from dryness in the house since we've started the heat recently) Started the switch over to Wellness Core a few days ago. The calcium and phosphorous are not bad at all for grain-free. And do I still need to be concerned about that since she seems to have stopped growing, or if she still is, it's not very apparent.

Now I see the posts about Wellness Core and gas. So far no problems and no change in poop or anything else.

SG Chase v Mittelwest BH

VP1 Flame v Nummer-Eins

#194586 - 11/18/11 11:08 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: AgilePaws]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

crossedfingers Hope the Wellness Core continues to agree with Riva.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#194593 - 11/18/11 11:17 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
Tara Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Virginia
Good luck with the Wellness Core - Tara's been on it and never had any gas issues.

Tara NW1 ORT-AC CGC - GSD 2008
Suli - DSH 2006

#203473 - 01/03/12 11:38 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: cassadee7]
Yean Offline

hey,i just bought german sherpherd puppy..now he is around 2mth old,I heard those petshop says that dog poo shouldn't be soft..but I don't know why my puppy poo is soft,do anyone know why??

#203589 - 01/03/12 09:02 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Yean]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Hello Yean, welcome

Can you tell us what you are feeding your pup?

Edited by MaxaLisa (01/03/12 09:03 PM)

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#203646 - 01/04/12 07:25 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
Yean Offline

I feed my pup dog food (biscuit) brand is Science Plan chicken flavour. But yesterday I soak the biscuit with water and let him eat,today his poo look better.
Should I continue do that for him?

#203812 - 01/04/12 10:14 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Yean]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

I would encourage you to have the vet check out the soft stools (many things, including parasites can cause this, very common in pups), and look for a better food, that contains no corn, sorghum, or byproducts.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#211568 - 02/08/12 09:25 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: shepnterrier]
Marshies Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, canada
I'm feeding Orijen LBP...I think she may be eating better than I am on a student budget. Just bought a new bag, and thinking of switching to regular Orijen after this.

#211629 - 02/09/12 02:28 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Marshies]
elisabeth Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario
Zefra (and Stark) are raw fed. smile

Wild Winds Archangel Raphael "Stark", HIC, TT
G Wild Winds Zephyr "Zefra" BH, HIC, NTD, ITD, CGN, TT
" XX " z Weberhaus

#219503 - 03/17/12 04:58 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: elisabeth]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Any new thoughts on this thread?

Thinking about getting a pup in a couple of months. Eventually I'm sure I will switch to a homeprepared diet, but until I get that put together and balanced, will want a good kibble, and may use it for training and other things - good to have a kibble that they can tolerate as a backup, travel, etc.

This will be a medium aized breed, probably...but the concepts are similar.

I like jean's idea of increasing tolerance by starting simple.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#219524 - 03/17/12 06:30 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

Lisa - I'm feeding Kaos California Natural Chicken and Rice (The adult version)
She's doing well on it and I'm happy with the simplicity of the ingredients.

I will probably move her to Nature's Logic down the road because I so love the idea of no synthetic vitamins

#219542 - 03/17/12 07:34 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Thanks Barb, I had forgotten that about nature's logic.

I will have to wander to the feed store and see what kind of a selection they have nowadays.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#219576 - 03/17/12 09:21 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
PositiveDog Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ohio
My sister is adding an aussie pup in a couple of weeks. After her research she will be feeding Acana Pacifica.

She feeds raw at night and kibble in the morning, I believe.

www.dogtors.com

With approval of my friends:

SamCat, 03/2011

Seiko, Solo, Sophie, Skye and Buddy - bridge dogs who taught me so much

#219679 - 03/18/12 11:33 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: PositiveDog]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Thanks Bonnie. I think we have those available here. Very hard to think I might be feeding a dog that can actually eat more than 1 or 2 proteins (knock wood). I don't know what that's like frown

(...But I miss it.)

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#219711 - 03/18/12 07:08 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
Carpal Tunnel

Ah - an easy, healthy dog! I hope that is what you get, Lisa.

Both Pacifica and 6 Fish have fish as the only protein. It used to be grain free was not used for puppies, but this is changing.

My sister has two dogs that can't eat chicken and it makes since to sue something they can all eat.

Acana Pacifica is about $20 less per bag (here.) Makes it a good choice.

I also like this, stated upfront:

Q: 100 % CHINA-FREE – Do ACANA and ORIJEN dog and cat food formulas contain any ingredients from China?

A |

There are no ingredients from China used in the preparation of our dog and cat food formulas, including vitamins — we are 100% China-free.

Our production focus is on FRESH INGREDIENTS supplied regionally and all of our products are made exclusively within our own award-winning factory here in Alberta, Canada. And rest assured, our products are biologically appropriate, the way Mother Nature intended.

For more detailed information on the ingredients contained in our product lines, click on the Ingredients & Preservatives link.

www.dogtors.com

SamCat, 03/2011

#219723 - 03/18/12 08:26 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: PositiveDog]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

I wonder where they are getting the vitamins from that are "China-Free" I'd like some for myself!!!

#219757 - 03/18/12 11:31 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
BlackGSD Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Washington(The SNOWY side.)
Lisa,

What "medium sized" breed might this new pup be?? smile

Wrangler (Blue Merle male ACD/Aussie mix.){9-29-99 to 8-29-11}

#219769 - 03/19/12 01:08 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: BlackGSD]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Originally Posted By: BlackGSD
Lisa,

What "medium sized" breed might this new pup be?? smile

LOL, as soon as I know, I will be sure to update here! I'm still wandering aimlessly a bit on this one crazy

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#219785 - 03/19/12 06:18 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
Carpal Tunnel

Barb -

You can email them and I am sure they will answer. They were the most forthcoming of any company I researched.

A friend who is working diligently on the chicken jerky treats issues also spent many hours on dog food sites. That led her to want to change her dog's food as well and she also chose Orijen in the end.

They are the only one that answered every question. Most just said it was "propriety" information.

www.dogtors.com

SamCat, 03/2011

#219786 - 03/19/12 06:29 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Bonnie and barb, I didn't see your posts before - very curious about the non-china vitamins. Maybe we'll trip over that info somewhere.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#219944 - 03/20/12 06:19 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
Carpal Tunnel

Lisa;

This is the response from Orijen on the vitamins:

Thank you for your email.

All of our minerals are produced and sourced exclusively in Canada. Our vitamins come primarily from North America; if they are not available from North America we source from European producers. Vitamins sourced outside of North America come from Switzerland, Germany, and France and are produced in these countries exclusively. We do not source or use vitamins or minerals produced in any other countries.

www.dogtors.com

SamCat, 03/2011

#220024 - 03/20/12 12:26 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: PositiveDog]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Wow, thanks Bonnie! This is great info to have, very much appreciate you emailing them thumbup

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#222429 - 04/01/12 01:34 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
AgilePaws Offline
Pooh-Bah

I've been switching foods again. Tried TOTW lamb because I saw a bag on clearance cheap. That was a bad idea and did not last long since she became very itchy. So now Riva is on Canidae Pure Sky which is the grain-free duck and turkey meal formula. She has been doing great! We're almost finished with a 30 lb bag and no more itchies. I think we have found a winner!

SG Chase v Mittelwest BH

VP1 Flame v Nummer-Eins

#223791 - 04/08/12 09:46 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: AgilePaws]
Rainer Offline

Loc: South Florida
I had tried Rainer on the Acana Pacifica but his stools were loose and he did not do well on it all. Maybe it was too high protein for him? He's been eating Fromm (surf n turf and beef frittata flavors) and has been doing extremely well. I believe it's around 29-30% protein, 0.9-1.0% Ca depending on the flavor and low ash and phosphorous

Kitty Cat Monsters
Ashes- AKA "Queen Bia"
Mish Mish - Mr. Cuddle Bug

#226671 - 04/23/12 11:05 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Rainer]
Kayos Offline

I had planned on TOTW puppy formula or Earthborn Holistic puppy formula for the first few months and then transition to adult food.

Both of those are grain free and readily available for me locally.

Could the Wrecking Crew be 3 again soon?

PAM, URO3, UCD, UACH Tidmores Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" CD,BN,RE,AX,AJP,OFP,P1J,CA,DN,HT,TKN,TC,CGCA 4/4/12

#226695 - 04/23/12 02:01 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Kayos]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

That's exciting - another new forum puppy.

I tried one of the Earthborn Holistic formulas for Aodhán and Caleb. Generally they did well on it. The only thing I found was that based on the claimed calories/cup for the food, I adjusted their meals accrdingly and found that they lost weight when I did that. It ended up that I needed to feed more to keep them where they were compared to what I fed when they were on Nature's Variety.

It's not a reason to not use the food, but may influence how much you have to feed and how fast you go through a bag.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#226877 - 04/24/12 11:54 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
Kayos Offline

Johanna I have had Havoc on and off Earthborn Holistic for 2.5 years. I switch him just to switch him about every 6 months. He had such bad poo til he was 2 that when I find food that works I stick with them and rotate. EH, TOTW, and NB grain free foods have been my staples.

So pretty much - my dogs eat what Havoc can tolerate as Kayos does not have issues that way and hopefull a new pup will not either.

Mayhem may be home one of these days. whistle help

We have not decided which litter yet but look for an announcement within 6 weeks or so. grin

#226895 - 04/24/12 02:12 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Kayos]
Vinnie Offline

The Italian One

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Kathy - congrats

Butch & Sundance are both raw fed puppies from the day they came home. Sundance was weaned to raw by his breeder (Lisa).

When we were still feeding dry kibble to the dogs I always just started them right off with adult food and 12 or so years ago I think I was feeding the dogs IAMs. laugh
& Wyatt the cat

R.I.P. Dalton - Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

The Black Dog's Photographer

#227357 - 04/26/12 01:33 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Vinnie]
Kayos Offline

Havoc went straight to adult food too and I may do that with new pup as well. Have not really decided. I like the nice balanced calcium and phosphorous as well as protein level in TOTW and EH's grain free puppy food tho

#228577 - 05/04/12 03:28 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Kayos]
ladyfreckles Offline

Loc: Seattle
How many cups per day do you guys feed out of curiosity? I have been slowly tweaking mine. It went from 2/3 a cup a day to 1 cup a day to 1.5 cups a day to 2.5 cups a day to 2 cups a day and now it's 2.25 cups a day. It's tough to figure out because he's been consistently skinny (which is a good thing) but sometimes I feel like he's not eating enough to get good muscle to support himself. frown

Edited by ladyfreckles (05/04/12 03:28 AM)

#228806 - 05/05/12 11:54 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: ladyfreckles]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

Kaos has been on 4 cups a day (2 cups per meal) for quite awhile now (she's 6 months now) of California Natural
Calorie Content
4092.0 kcal/kg
511.0 kcal/cup
So she's getting about 2000 calories a day

http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/1191

#228807 - 05/05/12 12:22 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

That's pretty comparable to Ciara. She's fed raw and get about 26 ounces of food per day. She gets between 1800 to 2000 calories per day.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#228819 - 05/05/12 02:05 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
Armywife1992 Offline

Loc: Fort Bragg, NC
Hope you don't mind a newbie chiming in. I am now feeding Honest Kitchen. Cara is such a sensitive dog, and Aetos was having diarrhea when he first got here. They both do well with this brand. The recalls also worry me. Cara was eating TOTW previously.

#228822 - 05/05/12 02:12 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Armywife1992]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

HK is a good food, I've thought of trying it here too, eventually. Pretty pricey for large dogs! I started Jazz here (all 13 pounds of her) on Pinnacle, grain free salmon. She didn't like it, and her ears and eyes started getting red. Currently I'm feeding Primal Beef. I haven't tried her on chicken yet, guess I'm waiting to see how she does on other things first, since there was some type of chicken product in the Science Diet that the shelter had her on.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#230733 - 05/15/12 09:07 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: ladyfreckles]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

ladyfreckles-How many calories is he getting a day?
That doesn't sound like a lot of food per day for his age, but depending on the calories it could be.

You're pretty active with him, seems that he should probably be in the 1800-2200 range

Edited by Barb E (05/15/12 09:08 AM)

#268026 - 01/15/13 11:17 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
Krissy Offline

Loc: New York
Our Dexter has been on Royal Canin German Shepherd puppy food, but at $50-60 for a 30lb bag, I'm a little concerned about how long we will be able to maintain those eating habits. My husband wants to try Blue Buffalo, but I don't know how good it is for him.

At the moment, it seems that he has a very sensitive stomach. I had to keep him away from rawhide because it gives him the runs. Sometimes, like last night when his uncle (my genius brother) let him eat puppy poo that was left on the lawn (due to his soft stool, it's just too difficult to pick up til it freezes, sorry the TMI).. and then he gets soft poo again!

Basically, we've had to deal with bad gas, constantly getting the runs, and an overall sentitive stomach. We live in NY, so there are plenty of options, but we don't want to switch him too often. Any suggestions, comments, or ideas?

His coat has been beautiful, he's stopped itching once we put him on RC, but the stomach issues are just frustrating! He has hardly had any solid poos in weeks!They are always soft! poop

#268094 - 01/16/13 01:01 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Krissy]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

My experience with dogs with sensitive stomachs, is that, in the long run, you spend less by keeping them on a food that they are doing well on, if posible. Food switching, vet bills, etc, are no fun. Of course if you do try something new, switch very very slowly.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#268208 - 01/17/13 02:05 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Krissy]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

Krissy - Has he been tested for Giardia? If not I'd start there and ask for the Antigen and not the usual fecal float

#268210 - 01/17/13 02:10 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Barb E]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Barb E
Krissy - Has he been tested for Giardia? If not I'd start there and ask for the Antigen and not the usual fecal float

That's a good point, Barb
And check for coccidia, too. I know Aodhán had a problems with that hwen she was a pup.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#268238 - 01/17/13 04:47 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
Krissy Offline

He was tested fully as a puppy because he came home with something... we had him 3 days and then he was at the vet for 4 days with pneumonia and a bug. He's been on frontline plus and has Heartguard. I thought he should be okay. The poor pup gets into everything!

I thought it was the rawhide, but he still hasn't been normal. I doubt it's the peanut butter I just started him on and his treats have been severely limited. We've spent so much at the vet already and I would hate to take him unless necessary.. he's acting like himself, just with really soft stool and mud butt!

#268357 - 01/18/13 02:30 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: JeanKBBMMMAAN]
Natalie559 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Jean, Barb and anyone else that did the cal natural- did you use puppy or adult?

The Chicken/rice puppy is 1.36% cal 0.92% phos with 466 kcal/cup

The Chicken/rice adult is 1.51% cal 1.03% phos with 511 kcal/cup

The Herring/s pot adult is 1.0% cal 0.80% phos with 419 kcal/cup

All the lamb ones are over 2% calcium and I think that's just too much for growing puppy. The ones above have lower cal/phos but as it lowers so does the calories so they need to eat more which means they get more cal/phos.

I like the idea of LID for a bit, but don't know what the best choice would be.

Penny ate chicken soup while a pup, has good cal/phos but a lot of ingredients. I like the innova puppy large breed, but again lots of ingredients and only 367 kcal/cup.

The nat bal LID seem good as far as cal/phos but low on calories, around 340-350 kcal/cup. . .

I guess a lot of the choice is dependent on how pup likes the food. . .

Penny eats raw homemade food, has for years, but I am concerned about puppy nutrition and want to start with kibble/canned.

Any thoughts?

enjoying life with Penny 6/04 & Blaze 11/12
while Sasha 1/05-11/12 watches over us

Swing Sets By Design
Read Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Quit Smoking

#268360 - 01/18/13 02:52 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Natalie559]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

Maybe this information and this reference will be helpful.

Ciara's breeder recommended the Fromm Large Breed Puppy.
Here's a link to the details for that food. She seemed to do pretty well on it until I swtiched her to raw.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#268365 - 01/18/13 03:14 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Woodreb]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

I would not assume that all parasites have been eliminated?

Two of my three dogs have been allergic to peanuts...

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#268468 - 01/19/13 01:40 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

Innova Large Breed Puppy
(turkey, chicken, herring, 28% protein; rice, barley, rice; 0.9% Ca)
http://www.innovapet.com/products/931

Fromm's Gold Large Breed Puppy
(duck, chicken, fish meal, lamb, 26.5% protein; oatmeal, barley, rice; 1% Ca)
http://frommfamily.com/products/gold/dog/dry/large-breed-puppy-gold

Solid Gold Wolf Cub Puppy
(bison, fish meal, 26 % protein; rice, millet, barley; 1.5% Ca)
http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/?product=61&code=1701

Wellness Large Breed Puppy
(chicken, whitefish, peas, salmon, 26% protein; oatmeal, barley, rice; 1.4% Ca)
http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/product-details.aspx?pet=dog&pid=63#ingredients

Pinnacle Trout & Sweet Potato
(trout, herring, 22% protein; grain free; 1% Ca)
http://www.pinnaclepet.com/Canine/dog_food_trout.htm

Pinnacle Chicken & Oatmeal
(chicken, 25% protein; oatmeal, quinoa; 1.12% Ca)

Pinnacle Duck & Potato
(duck, 23% protein; oats; 1.08% Ca)

Pinnacle Grain free Salmon & Potato
(salmon, peas, 27% protein; 1.4% Ca)

Pinnacle Grain free Turkey % Potato
(turkey, peas, chicken fat, 27% protein; quinoa; 1.4% Ca)

More to list, anyone:
http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products
http://www.canidae.com/
http://orijen.ca/orijen/products/puppyLarge.aspx

#268800 - 01/22/13 12:36 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Natalie559]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Natalie559
Jean, Barb and anyone else that did the cal natural- did you use puppy or adult?

I used (and still use) Chicken/Rice adult

#272182 - 02/20/13 11:03 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
fritzonsmom Offline

I have my loving and loyal Fritzon Vom Heidknapp eating Royal Canine, but are starting to add in portions of a raw diet. I would like him to be on an all raw diet with herbs, organs, and good cut meats within 2 months. It is something I wish I would have done with our Shelby who is a German Shepherd/Pittbull and aging fast. She is now 10 years old and I think she would have done a lot better at this age if we would have done our research sooner.

#274111 - 03/04/13 08:40 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: fritzonsmom]
Giasmama Offline

My GSD is 8 months old. I switched her from Science Diet to Blue Buffalo Grain-free about 2 months ago. Lately, I have read some scary reviews about this dog food. The only problems my girl is having is that her breath now smells like a dead fish and she poops less but strains more. I feel like I should switch her to another grain free, but I am so confused on which to choose. So many options!!!!!

Suggestions Please?

Thanks so much.
smile

#278664 - 04/04/13 10:41 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Giasmama]
Krissy Offline

Thank you for all your suggestions/comments/advice!

We officially switched Dexter over to Wellness Large Breed Puppy for a few weeks.. maybe even a month at this point and he has been in better health than ever before! His ears cleared up, his stool is normal, and we have no had any issues (except for a few times when he ate something he was not allowed to).

So, I REALLY appreciate all of your input. Now I just need to figure out what the problem is that he's allergic to.

#297780 - 10/23/13 01:12 PM Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food
LifeAsMe Offline
Carpal Tunnel

My son and his girlfriend adopted a puppy this week. He asked me about kibble but I know nothing about it since I feed raw.

So, what puppy food is recommended? Which adult food can be fed instead? My understanding from several sources is that adult food can be fed as long as the calcium ratio is acceptable.

Midrange price that would be available at most pet stores. He's currently in the Cambridge OH area.

#297787 - 10/23/13 04:30 PM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: LifeAsMe]
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I fed Drs. Foster & Smith adult to my puppy. It's available via internet. Once she got older, I switched to Best Breed Working Dog formula for the youngster & Senior for my Mr. Geezer.(another phone call or internet purchase) Drs. Foster & Smith is/was carried by some Target stores, too. I really like the ability to place a phone call & have the food delivered.

#298065 - 10/27/13 04:07 PM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: middleofnowhere]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

#298068 - 10/27/13 05:39 PM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: shepnterrier]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Thanks Sarah. I merged this topic and made it a sticky.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#306338 - 01/20/14 09:14 AM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: MaxaLisa]
BearsMom Offline

My sister just rescued a 9 month old GSD and I was wondering how much he should be eating per meal. I have a 3 month old GSD but she has been sickly so I have no idea the amount Loki should eat. Need some help!

#306351 - 01/20/14 01:07 PM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: BearsMom]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

At 9 months, I would feed adult food, but no clue how much.

What food is she feeding? That makes a difference.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#306354 - 01/20/14 01:13 PM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: MaxaLisa]
BearsMom Offline

Pedigree active.

Were hoping that it can help with his stiff hips. He was raised in a crate most of his life and his back legs and hips are so stiff its hard for him to walk. He has an acre of fenced in yard now that he loves to run, well right now he hops in.

He needs some serious protein to help with his muscle mass.

#306358 - 01/20/14 01:37 PM Re: Puppy Food Vs. Adult Food [Re: BearsMom]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

My recommendation would be to ditch anything that has the name pedigree in it, get a solid food (midgrade to upper level), and for the hips given a dedicated joint supplement, like glycloflex I, springtime, etc.

Here are the ingredients to the pedigree active chicken - find a food with no corn, no by-products, and no sorghum as a base food...

"GROUND WHOLE CORN, CORN GLUTEN MEAL, POULTRY BY-PRODUCT MEAL, MEAT AND BONE MEAL, ANIMAL FAT (PRESERVED WITH BHA AND CITRIC ACID), CHICKEN, BREWERS RICE, PEAS, DRIED PLAIN BEET PULP, GROUND WHOLE WHEAT, NATURAL FLAVOR, SALT..."

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#308063 - 02/10/14 05:44 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: cassadee7]
dogspot Offline

I think you should use breed specific food like Royal Canin German Shepherd Junior or Maxi Starter because that type of food are specially made for particular breed and according to there nutritional requirement.

#308148 - 02/11/14 03:25 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: dogspot]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

RC food was recently advertising a big change from all their meals, like chicken meals, to by-product meals, which I consider a downgrade. Don't know if it's affected all their foods.

Not long ago someone (WDJ???) compared breed specific foods, and found that they were not very breed specific. I think it's mostly a gimmick. However, I know several GSDs that did the best on the RC food (I wouldn't feed it), but that was quite awhile ago, things change.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#308161 - 02/11/14 08:41 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: MaxaLisa]
Woodreb Online   coffee
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: MaxaLisa
RC food was recently advertising a big change from all their meals, like chicken meals, to by-product meals, which I consider a downgrade. Don't know if it's affected all their foods.

I remember seeing something about the change Lisa mentioned. They were trying to put a spin on it that the by-products were better than the chicken meal.

Caleb (aka Caleb-Moose)

#310245 - 03/06/14 09:04 AM Good quality Food
Dave Offline

Can anyone recommend a dry food for my GM not cheap, good quality but not to expensive, I’ve been using Harrington’s puppy food but not sure its right for him, I’ve checked many compare sites but have gathered a lot of confusing info on various brands
Thanks

#310257 - 03/06/14 11:52 AM Re: Good quality Food [Re: Dave]
Dave Offline

GSD NOT GM!!

#310312 - 03/06/14 08:58 PM Re: Good quality Food [Re: Dave]
Shilohsmom Offline
Veteran

Hi Dave and welcome to the boards!!! I feed my three Taste of the Wild Grain Free. I use to feed Merrick but wanted to go Grain Free and that was just too expensive. Taste of the Wild does have a Puppy Formula but since my pups were older when I switched I never had a need for that. The 'adult' food has too much protein for a large breed puppy as you don't want them growing too quickly. Good luck! Also there is a food section here that might help out more smile

Proud Mom to Shoshi, Eli and Kodiak
and never to be forgotten, Shiloh
Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks its the greatest dog that ever lived!

Top Likes: 1 
#310325 - 03/07/14 12:52 AM Re: Good quality Food [Re: Shilohsmom]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

welcome

We have a running "what to feed puppy" thread, and I'm going to merge your thread with that. You might also want to browse that thread for other ideas.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#310327 - 03/07/14 12:56 AM Re: Good quality Food (Feeding Puppy) [Re: Dave]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Originally Posted By: Dave
Can anyone recommend a dry food for my GM not cheap, good quality but not to expensive, I’ve been using Harrington’s puppy food but not sure its right for him, I’ve checked many compare sites but have gathered a lot of confusing info on various brands
Thanks

What country are you in? Looking at the ingredient list, if this is correct, looks like it's not US: http://www.harringtonspetfood.com/products/UK/puppy-food-turkey-rice

At a minimum, I look for a food that has no corn, no wheat, no sorghum, no by-products. The Harrington's has corn as a number one ingredient, I wouldn't feed it.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#310343 - 03/07/14 06:43 AM Re: Good quality Food (Feeding Puppy) [Re: Dave]
Carpal Tunnel

Both Earthborn and Fromm are good mid-priced foods. If you choose to feed a puppy type, they both have them.

Earthborn is grain free.

www.dogtors.com

SamCat, 03/2011

#310759 - 03/13/14 12:33 PM Re: Good quality Food [Re: Shilohsmom]
Shepherdparents Offline

I use the Diamond Naturals lamb and rice large breed for adult dogs. Is there anyone with info on that?

Edited by MavsMamma (03/13/14 12:36 PM)

#310822 - 03/14/14 03:07 PM Re: Good quality Food [Re: Shepherdparents]
Selzer Offline
Veteran

Loc: NE Ohio
Originally Posted By: MavsMamma
I use the Diamond Naturals lamb and rice large breed for adult dogs. Is there anyone with info on that?

Diamond® Naturals™ Large Breed Adult Dog Lamb Meal & Rice Formula features a great lamb formula for dogs sensitive to chicken or those that simply prefer the taste of lamb.

Antioxidants to support overall good health
Controlled levels of omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
Added glucosamine and chondroitin to support healthy joints
No Wheat, No Corn, No Soy

A lamb formula designed specifically to meet the needs of your large or giant breed adult dog. Added features will enhance overall good health, helping your dog live a happy and healthy life.

Ingredients:
Lamb meal, ground rice, cracked pearled barley, millet, egg product, rice bran, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried plain beet pulp, flaxseed, natural flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, L-Carnitine, vitamin E supplement, chondroitin sulfate, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Protein: 22% Fat: 12%

Caloric Content:
3,400 kcal/kg (335 kcal/cup) Calculated ME

Available in 40 lb. bags.

From Tractor Supply Co, website. $37 for a 40 pound bag. I feed Diamond Naturals. I feed the adult chicken and rice which is a little cheaper, $30 and mix it 50/50 with Extreme Athlete $38 for a 40 pound bag. I get more calories per cup that way, which means I feed less. But if this works for you, it is a decent food at a price that won't break the bank.
Joy, Dolly, Bear, Karma & Cujo II
Hepzibah

#315766 - 05/20/14 01:59 PM Puppy food recommendations please.
Thomas Offline

So Kane is 10 weeks today. He had his vet checkup and all looks good. Fecal did not reveal anything at this time. However, he has had loose/soft stools off and on and the vet said his coat looked a little dry. I have been feeding Victor Select Hi-Pro Plus for active dogs and puppies. The vet wasn't very familiar with it and she said GSD puppies tend to have sensitive stomachs and felt that it could be his food causing the problem. She gave him something for intestinal parasites and said that if I don't see anything in his stool, it most likely could be the food and I should consider something else.

There are sooooo many different diets out there. Can you all please recommend some that you like and that have worked well with your dogs? Thank you!

#315771 - 05/20/14 03:30 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
shepnterrier Offline
Pooh-Bah

There is a 'sticky' on the topic of puppy food. The first thread in this section, just above your new thread. If it's any consolation, you aren't the only one...

#315774 - 05/20/14 04:15 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: shepnterrier]
ctidmore Offline

I have been pleased with 4-Health puppy food. No grains and the puppies did well. I plan to continue using it; just discovered it with my last litter. I hope you find this helpful. You will probably get about as many different answers as responders. smile Best of luck.
UCD Tidmores Rising Star Daisy,CD,RN,HIC,BH(RIP)
UCD Tidmores Rising Star Scarlet,CDX,NA,NAJ(RIP)

#315781 - 05/20/14 05:33 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: ctidmore]
Thomas Offline

Thanks guys. I'll some reading up in the 'sticky' topics.

#315795 - 05/20/14 09:59 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

I think it's always good to ask, because things change, both in the actual food that's available, manufacturing processes, etc., and also peoples' experiences.

This looks like the Victor food? http://midamericapetfood.com/victordogfood/highpro.html Some dogs may not do well on the sorghum? That food has beef, chicken, pork, and fish. Maybe start with something more simple and work up to a food with more proteins? I remember Jean talking about doing that once with young pups, but I don't know what type of age guidelines she uses.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#315797 - 05/20/14 10:02 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
Thomas Offline

Yes thats it. Thank you for the recommendation.

#315845 - 05/21/14 12:55 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
Thomas Offline

A lot of great info on this topic. Considering trying Blue Buffalo Wilderness LBP. Anyone have any experience with this food? My previous dog, a Lab, did well on the regular Blue Buffalo formula. I like what I read about the Wilderness line.

#315854 - 05/21/14 03:01 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Originally Posted By: Thomas
A lot of great info on this topic. Considering trying Blue Buffalo Wilderness LBP. Anyone have any experience with this food? My previous dog, a Lab, did well on the regular Blue Buffalo formula. I like what I read about the Wilderness line.

bump keeping this up in Active Topics for today.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#316504 - 05/30/14 02:12 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
Thomas Offline

Well after switching my boy from Victor over to Blue Buffalo Wilderness over the past few weeks, his coat has improved but his stools are still soft. He eats the whole serving every time. I can tell he likes this food much better. Just wish I could get his stools on the normal side.

#316506 - 05/30/14 02:33 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Definitely encouraging!

Before doing anymore switching, I might try some probiotics. I tend to favor those from the refrigerated section that contain acidophilous, bifidous, and bulgaricus, but there are lots of good products out there. I used to use solaray's multidophilous 12 - pretty economical, but it's not available around here anymore.

There are threads around here on probiotics, but I'm not sure how well the search function works. Let me know if you can't find them.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#316525 - 05/30/14 08:46 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
Thomas Offline

Thanks for the recommendations. I don't plan on switching food for a while. Would like to see how he does on this once he's gotten used to it. I will look into the probiotics. Thank you!

#316642 - 06/01/14 03:47 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Good luck!

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#316712 - 06/02/14 04:09 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
Thomas Offline

Happy to report that after fully transitioning to the new food, Kane has normal stools! Never thought I'd be so excited over poop.

#316879 - 06/04/14 01:09 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Great news!

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#320774 - 07/30/14 11:06 AM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
Barb E Offline
Pooh-Bah

Just throwing this out there for future puppy feeders.

Sometimes a puppy needs their daily total split into more meals.
Dante ate x3 a day for a looooong time as his GI Tract was not happy after a long run with hard to Dx Giardia.

When I got Kaos she moved to x2 a day quicker than Dante did but I took it slow.

Soft stools are very often caused by over eating, those bellies are pretty little in the beginning!!

#322740 - 09/11/14 07:16 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
New gsd owner Offline

I been feeding my 6 month old Fromm LBP and Orijen LBP. Currently on Orijen.

#322742 - 09/11/14 08:14 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: New gsd owner]
PaddyD Offline
Old Hand

Stay with what your puppy tolerates. Don't keep switching.
=====================

#322810 - 09/13/14 05:54 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: PaddyD]
New gsd owner Offline

Question, i feel that my puppy has mild allergy to chicken and id like try switching to 6 fish Orijen but the cal/phos is 1.6/1.4 % which seem higher than recommended for large breed puppies . He just turned 6 month at the 12th of september. Any opinion ?

#322839 - 09/14/14 11:32 AM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Barb E]
Thomas Offline

The breeder had told me to switch my dog to adult food at 6 months to slow down growth. Kane was doing well on Wilderness puppy but doesn't not like the adult version of this food. I have to mix in a little chicken broth to get him to be interested in it. I'm at a crossroads now. Do I keep him on Wilderness but just try switching flavors or do I try a new food altogether? With it being hot outside I did expect him to eat less which he has been but he would still eat his puppy food. At least one of his two feedings. He is not interested at all in the adult version and if I didn't mix the broth in, I think he wouldn't eat at all.

#322847 - 09/14/14 05:18 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

If he doesn't like the food and won't eat it, I think you are going to have to change? Is there any difference in the actual ingredients, other than a difference in percentages of stuff?

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#322888 - 09/15/14 08:54 AM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
Thomas Offline

Pretty much the same ingredients but the puppy formula includes chicken fat which the adult doesn't. Other than that, they look the same. I guess it's back to square one. Someone had recommended I try Taste of the Wild Pacific stream formula. I noticed the calcium is 1.9 percent and Blue is 1 percent. Do you think 1.9 is a too high?

#322893 - 09/15/14 11:22 AM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
New gsd owner Offline

I thought the large breed puppy food made to slow down growth ?

#322896 - 09/15/14 12:48 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
PaddyD Offline
Old Hand

The breeder had told me to switch my dog to adult food at 6 months to slow down growth. Kane was doing well on Wilderness puppy but doesn't not like the adult version of this food. I have to mix in a little chicken broth to get him to be interested in it. I'm at a crossroads now. Do I keep him on Wilderness but just try switching flavors or do I try a new food altogether? With it being hot outside I did expect him to eat less which he has been but he would still eat his puppy food. At least one of his two feedings. He is not interested at all in the adult version and if I didn't mix the broth in, I think he wouldn't eat at all.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but dogs have been with us for at least 12 million years. For 99.99%
of that time there was nobody who cared what percent fat, calcium or protein, etc they ate because
they ate what they could scavenge. Yet they persisted and are still with us. Now, all of a sudden,
everyone is an expert as to the minute measurements and percentages of what type of food
they should have. And most of the experts disagree with all the other experts.
It just seems logical to me that a dog will grow at the rate determined by his genes, assuming
adequate nutrition is available.... also that s/he will make use of the amount of minerals and
nutrients s/he needs and excrete the rest. Saying that adult dog food will slow down
a dog's growth just doesn't make sense to me. But then I am far from an expert.
I see many different dogs every day and most of them are fed Iams or Purina or Beneful or
other grocery store quality foods. They are all healthy and happy and happily owned by
owners who 'don't know any better'. I think that many of us get all wrapped up in the details
and become subject to analysis paralysis when all we need to do is feed our dog a good
quality food that they tolerate.
=====================

#322933 - 09/16/14 03:41 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: PaddyD]
Thomas Offline

Originally Posted By: PaddyD

I'm not sure of the exact number, but dogs have been with us for at least 12 million years. For 99.99%
of that time there was nobody who cared what percent fat, calcium or protein, etc they ate because
they ate what they could scavenge. Yet they persisted and are still with us. Now, all of a sudden,
everyone is an expert as to the minute measurements and percentages of what type of food
they should have. And most of the experts disagree with all the other experts.
It just seems logical to me that a dog will grow at the rate determined by his genes, assuming
adequate nutrition is available.... also that s/he will make use of the amount of minerals and
nutrients s/he needs and excrete the rest. Saying that adult dog food will slow down
a dog's growth just doesn't make sense to me. But then I am far from an expert.
I see many different dogs every day and most of them are fed Iams or Purina or Beneful or
other grocery store quality foods. They are all healthy and happy and happily owned by
owners who 'don't know any better'. I think that many of us get all wrapped up in the details
and become subject to analysis paralysis when all we need to do is feed our dog a good
quality food that they tolerate.

Well said. I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree. I assume the "slow down growth" comes from the less protein percentage? I don't know as I am not an expert either. My main concern is finding a food that my dog thrives on and makes him regular. So far, some of the "best" foods have not done the trick. I went with a food, won't mention the name to be fair, that is considered a premium food but not one of the better ones, and so far he is very excited to eat because he loves it. Still in the mixing new food with the old food stage and he tries hard to spit out the old stuff lol. As of right now, he is doing very well on it. Normal stools. I am just happy that he is eating.

#322935 - 09/16/14 04:33 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: Thomas]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

From your post higher up Thomas, it sounds like your boy might not do well on chicken, so that will have to be a guiding principal in what food you choose.

If I had a large breed pup and was feeding dog food, I would probably switch to adult food rather early too. There are reasons the large breed puppy food was developed, and I've seen a good explanation for them, but I don't recall it off the top of my head. I've never had a dog that could tolerate the "top of the line" kibbles, always had to go with more simple foods. I'm glad that the new food is working well!

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#322956 - 09/16/14 09:07 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
PaddyD Offline
Old Hand

I must have it backwards or read it wrong somewhere. I thought the purpose for designing
LBP food was to slow down the growth because adult dog food was 'too much' for them and
would give them too high a percentage of certain minerals. Also that they should stay on
LBP food until one year for that reason. I will have to go back and check.
I wonder how many dog owners scrutinize the contents of twinkies and ice cream and
hot dogs just to make sure they are getting the proper amounts of vitamins and minerals.
If we can thrive on beer and potato chips, I don't see why dogs' foods have to be so
minutely analyzed. The dog food industry has us wrapped and rapt.
=====================

#322960 - 09/16/14 10:47 PM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: PaddyD]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

No, they develped the LBPF because the regular puppy food was too much, not the adult, but that may depend on whose interpretation you believe, but regular puppy food was causing problems in the larger breeds. However, there are still some issues with using the adult food, according to ome, mostly the calcium phosphorous ration *i think*.

The issue with dog food, as compared to people food, is that, for most dog, they ear the same thing every day, at every meal, so nutrient deficiencies or excesses can more readily develop, as oppoed to us - many people eat crap, but they also eat meals that vary. Whether it's us or them, the right, well-balanced, healthy diet will make us feel a lot better. I am in the camp that believes that most kibble is neither well-balanced, nor complete, and doesn't allow much for individual variation.

When LBPF first came out, at least at training, we didn't see an improvement in hips and such, they boosted protein by boosting crappy ingredients. But that was a long time ago, and I do think the better companies are doing a better job, and it' great that there are even better companies - back then you had Innova and Canidae and that was about it.

So, at the risk of making this longer, I will... I think LBPF is better than PF. Is LBPF better than adult food? I think I would have to look at percentages, ingredients, and it may be more an individual brand thing about which are really appropriate, and which aren't. I'm sure there are people on this forum that know more of the current details than I do.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#322962 - 09/17/14 01:39 AM Re: Puppy food recommendations please. [Re: MaxaLisa]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#341481 - 08/09/16 06:13 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: GSDElsa]
jlstudent1970 Offline

anyone use acana dog food?

#341483 - 08/09/16 06:49 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: jlstudent1970]
PaddyD Offline
Old Hand

I have been using it for Abby for 6 years. love it
=====================

#341541 - 08/14/16 08:13 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: PaddyD]
Selzer Offline
Veteran

Loc: NE Ohio
Originally Posted By: PaddyD
I must have it backwards or read it wrong somewhere. I thought the purpose for designing
LBP food was to slow down the growth because adult dog food was 'too much' for them and
would give them too high a percentage of certain minerals. Also that they should stay on
LBP food until one year for that reason. I will have to go back and check.
I wonder how many dog owners scrutinize the contents of twinkies and ice cream and
hot dogs just to make sure they are getting the proper amounts of vitamins and minerals.
If we can thrive on beer and potato chips, I don't see why dogs' foods have to be so
minutely analyzed. The dog food industry has us wrapped and rapt.
I think they developed puppy food, because human babies eat differently than adults, so puppies should be fed for growth. They boosted calories, protein, and calcium, and called it Puppy Food.

Very good, but they found that large breed puppies started having issues. I believe mostly because the calcium/phosphorus ratio was out of balance. So they reduced the protein, calcium and calories and boosted the price and told you to feed massive amounts of it, and called it LBPF.

Many breeders chose to forgo puppy food to the chagrin of the pet food industry and veterinarians. Other pet food companies went full circle and added "All Life Stages" onto their bags of dog food and charged extra accordingly.

Dog food is a racket.

I think some puppy foods, like Diamond Naturals, have less calories so you feed more of it, but the puppies tend to overeat and instead of slowing growth like the commercials suggest, or increasing growth like people think, the puppies just become overweight which taxes the joints, and the out of balance calcium for some breeds do a double-whammy on the growing puppy.

My vet says it isn't about slowing the puppy's growth. The puppy will grow however fast or slow it is going to grow. You want to keep up with the natural growth -- provide the proper balance in the food to provide the puppy what it needs while it is growing, without over-taxing its joints.

I feed Diamond Naturals Adult Chicken and Rice to all my dogs and wean puppies on it. I do not feed large breed food. It seems to work good for them. They tend to be thin as youngsters. Around 4 or 5, they will become porky if you let them, so you have to feed extra for growth, extra for energy, and then if you don't back down as they start slowing down, they will become overweight. But it doesn't mean that the formula needs to be changed. I think you just have to be conscious of their well-being and ideal weight, and adjust the dog food as they adjust.
Joy, Dolly, Bear, Karma & Cujo II
Hepzibah

#341567 - 08/16/16 11:56 AM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Selzer]
middleofnowhere Offline
Carpal Tunnel

On the pups I've fed adult food, there's been no panno. Ones that I've fed puppy food (Large breed) -- still panno. So, the lesson I've taken away is "do not feed puppy food."

#341651 - 08/23/16 12:27 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: middleofnowhere]
Concordium Offline

I have been feeding mine Fromm's Gold Large Breed Puppy. So far, no Panno. She grows well and maintains a great body shape. Still pretty lean. I also switched my older dogs, 1 year & 1.5 years, to Fromm's as well. Except that I put them on the regular Large Breed Adult food. They love the taste and their stool is great. One of them is putting on a bit of weight but that is because I need to modify the quantity of his food since he is a tad bit smaller (55 lbs vs the 65+ lbs of my other dogs).

I used to be an advocate of Blue Buffalo. But once I found Fromm's I will never look back. I can get a food with significantly higher quality ingredients from Fromm's and it is actually a few dollars cheaper than the Blue Buffalo. Seems like a win/win to me.

#341675 - 08/26/16 06:30 PM Re: Let's Talk About What You Feed Puppies... [Re: Concordium]
AgilePaws Offline
Pooh-Bah

I have Flame on Blue Wilderness Puppy. It was the only quality grain-free I could find with the absolute correct calcium/phosphorous ratio.

SG Chase v Mittelwest BH

VP1 Flame v Nummer-Eins

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Excavation
by Woodreb
12/10/17 07:40 PM
First CT Snow
by Woodreb
12/10/17 05:26 PM
Snow dogs.... In North Georgia
by SouthernThistle
12/08/17 01:52 PM
Activated Charcoal for Chronic Pancreatitis?
by Kamahi
12/08/17 01:19 AM
My Dear Shoshi
by Shilohsmom
12/06/17 06:17 PM
Welcome Home Neilla
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
12/06/17 03:02 PM
Odin: he's home and full of sass
by SouthernThistle
12/03/17 03:48 PM
Buddy 04/07/2000 to 11/24/2017
by PositiveDog
12/02/17 08:37 PM
Santa may giving early Christmas Present to us.
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
11/30/17 09:47 AM
How to keep my GSD Maximus calm at K9 class
by Kimbe's 3
11/29/17 02:00 PM
Help Support the Forum
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
"I CAN:T Believe it happened again"
by Shilohsmom
12/01/17 10:33 PM
Holiday cards
by Shilohsmom
12/01/17 10:20 PM
Holidays in December
by Shilohsmom
11/27/17 11:07 PM
Thanksgiving Plans anyone?
by Shilohsmom
11/18/17 09:51 PM
Planning ahead, facing mortality
by middleofnowhere
10/24/17 05:15 PM
Who's Online
1 registered (Woodreb), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Affiliate Link
Newest Members
BaneGSD, Zion, Susan dawn, Po32273, Storm, Jalena4, Lemonfield1, Dysie, Dan Wolf, Kimbe's 3
2864 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2864 Members
100 Forums
20328 Topics
324480 Posts

Max Online: 137 @ 01/07/16 07:28 PM
Amazon Prooducts