I home cook for Risa as well (used to do raw but she cannot tolerate it anymore). She has several food intolerances which makes feeding her difficult. I'm not sure my process is very streamlined either but she is just one dog so it works for us.

I bake at least four London broils (cheapest source of beef I can regularly get) a week in the oven. Once they are done, I cut them up into bite-sized pieces and store them in Cool Whip or other containers which I then place in the freezer. Every 2-3 weeks I will cook her veggie mash on the stovetop (butternut squash, green beans, some salt and pepper, and occasionally some dates and/or celery). That is also stored in plastic food containers. I also boil beef liver and kidney as needed and freeze and store that. Beef heart is cooked in a similar method to the London broil.

There are at least 4 containers of food in my fridge for her daily to combine for her meals. I fill the dish with the cut London broil, a few pieces of beef heart, and the veggie mash. Liver/kidney is given in the morning only. Then I add whatever supplements she's getting that time of day (vitamin E, CMO, Cosequin, probiotics, and calcium).

I try to make as much as I can when I can so I don't have to cook for her every weekend. For a 40 lb dog, she eats a LOT. I think it also helps that she has her own chest freezer where I can store a lot of London broil (I stock up when it goes on sale) and all her cooked meals.

Edited by DancingCavy (06/16/13 09:23 AM)
It Just Keeps Getting Better: Risa's Blog
Pet Portraits