German Shepherd Home
Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 ... 41 42 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#287502 - 06/28/13 02:47 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: SeanRescueMom]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Loc: Northern CA
Thanks everyone!

I just ordered the herbals - she sends them into her local herbal pharmacy and I go online and order it....kinda cool, though I wish I were in town to avoid shipping and the dreaded handling.

I have no idea what this class will be about (it's a 7 hour workshop), but hopefully I will have some words afterwards to describe it. It's on 7/20. Interesting about that article Patti.

She did great with the needles. Shortly after the vet left the room for the bit, she had a frenzy of activity where she just wanted to bite everywhere (but not the needles), but then she relaxed and I took the pics. Putting the needles in, she was great, didn't flinch anywhere, and behave so well wub

We went for a walk later, and she got roughed up by a few dogs frown I now understand why owners of small dogs pick their dogs up. People are idiots, and people with rude dogs that won't put their cell phones down are even worse idiots. I'm keeping her with me today to watch, she's pretty ouchy, and I don't know if that's from the release, or what.

She's had so much fatigue lately, I really think that her thyroid is playing a role here. I'm going to start her on this: https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Veterinary-Formulas/Canine-Thyroid-Support

Edited by MaxaLisa (06/28/13 03:03 PM)

Jazmine, mini-mix, 10/18/2011
Max-n-Indy
Max, 5/2001-2/2012, RIP my partner, my Regal Boy
Indy, 5/1997-10/2010, RIP my friend, my teacher

Health Index
K9 TBD info and Tick List Links
http://www.rabieschallengefund.org/

Top Likes: 0 
#287509 - 06/28/13 03:24 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: SeanRescueMom]
anniej Offline
Addict

Jazz is taking you on a journey and I don't mean a 'road trip' ! I am so pleased you have found a vet who you can trust - the basis of any good relationship. I am sure that Jazz emotional and physical health will improve rapidly now you have found the right person to help - just look at the trust in the face of Jazz with the needles stuck in her - she knows she is in the right place:)

#287520 - 06/28/13 04:28 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: anniej]
TimberWolf Offline
Old Hand

Lisa, what do you mean "roughed up"? Was she attacked and bitten or was there a situation with other dogs that really scared her? Worried about little Jazzy. What herbs did she prescribe? I would be interested in knowing.

I hope this new approach will have lasting effects, not only on Jazzy but also on you. Learning what part of our body is connected to what emotions helps us people as well and empowers us to process situations differently.

Hugs

#287525 - 06/28/13 06:32 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: TimberWolf]
BowWowMeow Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Buffalo
Love the pics! Hope this new path is a good one! Mr. Rafi got acupuncture today and he had about 20 needles in him but she was treating some of the same points on him as on Jazz. When she put the needles in for the liver points they started vibrating! wow Then he just about fell over and went to sleep for an hour while he "cooked."

When we left he was noticeably feeling better and leapt into the back of the truck. I will be taking him in more often and fortunately she is only 12 minutes from my house (and acupuncture is only $40).

Rafi, the german malaroo, age 9.5ish
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/693238

Varda & Gio (the crazy cattens)
Warming my heart:
Queen Cleopatra
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie

#287557 - 06/29/13 03:35 AM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: BowWowMeow]
bianca Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Queensland. Australia
Oh no I hope she is ok after the walk?
Paris - Tabby cat (Feb 1996-2013) Run free my beautiful girl.

#287564 - 06/29/13 07:25 AM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: bianca]
RileyAnna Offline
Addict

Surely hope this works for both of you. And since you brought up fear, I'm heading for the Whole Foods to buy aduki beans and kumbu. Very healing for the kidneys. I used to follow the Macro diet. I've been feeling very fearful since I lost my job a year ago and feel stuck. Thanks Lisa for all this info. Look forward to your posts regarding your progress.

#287574 - 06/29/13 02:17 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: TimberWolf]
Mary Jane Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: LMS
Lisa, what do you mean "roughed up"?

????????????

#287583 - 06/29/13 04:41 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: Mary Jane]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Sorry to disappear, wanted to wait until I got to the laptop and could also get the names of the herbs.

Jazz met a lot of dogs when we went walking by the Bay. Unfortunately, about 4 dogs took too much of an interest in her. I was able to walk into one and just told him that this wasn't going to happen today, and he lowered his head and walked away. The young GSD mix wasn't so accommodating, but his owner was on top of things - Jazz screamed just before he touched her and that got everyone's attention. The two that she had an altercation - one was at the beginning of the walk and the other at the end.

The first one was some kind of boxer or dane mix, tall, lanky, young, kept keying off Jazz and coming close, and I kept walking in between them trying to get him away. His idiot owners wouldn't get off the phone. Just as I went to pick her up, she darted away, I turned, and he had rolled her, she was vocalizing in fear or pain, and they were still on their frickin' phones. I told them it would help if they got off their phones, and they just laughed. We ran into them a couple of times, and they just laughed at jazz and let their dog taunt her. I just rolled my eyes and called them idiots and got her out of there.

The second one was a dog not much taller than her, but buff, some kind of staffy terrior pitty mix (I don't know my breeds). They were frozen right next to each other, and I knew as soon as I moved something would happen, and sure enough, he aggressed (is that a word?), and I got in between them and yelled off the dog as the owner, who was quite some distance, called the dog. At least they weren't idiots.

So, she didn't have a great time, though she played with some smaller dogs, but was tired and sore, and had some scuff marks on her belly, which calendula/hypericum creme took care of. I kept her home from daycare on Friday, just wanted to let her sleep it off.

Not completely sure she was relatively unscathed, made a chiro appt for Tuesday frown

But overall, she is okay.

Edited by MaxaLisa (06/29/13 04:46 PM)

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#287586 - 06/29/13 05:24 PM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: MaxaLisa]
MaxaLisa Offline

Global Moderator

Ruth, Jazz had that vibrating thing too, to some degree. She had that when I first got her, but I used my red light acupuncture thing and a few chiro appts and most of it went away. But very few things can get the depth of the acu needles, and it does help to have a vet that knows exactly where to put them!!

She's been prescribed two herbals that I presume are chinese formulations:
Shu Gan Formula - Extra Concentrate, as her main herbal, and
Intestinal Fungus Formula - Extra Concentrate, which will be cooling. Since she responds to abx, which are cooling, she should respond to the IFF, but cooling will either make things move to fast or be constipating (probably the latter, can't remember which), so things may get a bit worse while she is getting better.

Maybe once we get her a bit more stabilized, I might be able to introduce more things into her diet.

Max-n-Indy

Health Index

#287619 - 06/30/13 12:05 AM Re: Jazzy Jazz Jazmine, starting fresh [Re: MaxaLisa]
TimberWolf Offline
Old Hand

Wow, Lisa what a day for you two. There are so many irresponsible owners out and being on the phone makes a loud statement to me that they really don't care about their dogs. If they cared, they would take that time and devote it to actually spend with their dogs. It's so sad.

I hope these herbs will help Jazzy.

Wishing you two a nice weekend.

Page 2 of 42 < 1 2 3 4 ... 41 42 >

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Mars is sick-loosing control
by Mary Jane
01/20/18 04:13 PM
My dear sweet Eli
by Shilohsmom
01/20/18 12:28 AM
Bark box
by Islandgsds
01/19/18 05:58 PM
Gracie turns 12 today!
by GraciesMommy
01/18/18 08:30 PM
Emergency Clinics Client perspective
by middleofnowhere
01/17/18 04:35 AM
Xile z Weberhaus
by elisabeth
01/14/18 04:55 PM
Not good news
by DarkEyes
01/14/18 07:47 AM
Happy 14th Birthday, Risa!
by DancingCavy
01/13/18 06:18 PM
Getting ready to say goodbye to Heidi
by Selzer
01/13/18 01:11 PM
The flu
by MaxaLisa
01/11/18 03:19 AM
Help Support the Forum
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
end of year tax stuff
by middleofnowhere
12/31/17 10:17 PM
Wishing all GSDHome Members Happy New Year
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
12/31/17 09:45 AM
Could use some healing thoughts
by Islandgsds
10/16/17 12:53 AM
Rosa's Hello old Friends, continued part 2
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
01/13/15 10:49 AM
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Affiliate Link
Newest Members
Chondropaw Team, susie, Memphis, Wren, Nancy Poggi, RowdyRanger, LisaMarie Shaffe, BaneGSD, Zion, Susan dawn
2871 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2871 Members
100 Forums
20362 Topics
324904 Posts

Max Online: 137 @ 01/07/16 07:28 PM
Amazon Prooducts