German Shepherd Home
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#324593 - 10/22/14 04:53 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Shilohsmom]
Shilohsmom Online   content
Veteran

I just stopped by at the Vets. They had just finished the surgery shortly before my arrival. Shiloh did great!!!! I saw the masses they removed. One was smaller (but still sizeable) and the other was really big. The really big one was the vascular one (the one filled with blood). Dr. even showed me as he cut into the both so I could see how the one was fatty and the other filled with blood.

Of course, I tried to be quiet but someone had opened the door to the recovery room and Shiloh heard by voice. Reluctantly, I went back. It was so good to see him. Oh my, my boy! He was up and so wanted out. Dr. decided to give him something to calm him down some so he could rest and I left.

I didn't see his back area, only that cute little face in the cone. But he looked wonderful. I'm so relieved this part is over. The doctor explained there might be some parts that come open just a little due to how much was removed and the limited amount of skin left but assured me it likely won't happen and its ok if it does. He said he put several layers of sutures and staples so he'll be ok.

I pick him up between 3-4.

After that I swung by the store and picked him up a wee little steak to enjoy with his dinner. Of course, we all need to celebrate some. Don't want to give him too much after surgery but a little will be ok I'm sure.

In the meantime, as I'm waiting through all this, the police show up at my house. It seems someone complained about the pups barking with another dog in the neighborhood (must be the new neighbors). He was pretty cool about it. I guess the neighbors don't realize it but I'm kind of thinking the barking sounded better than my now having to yell 'ELI SHUT UP' all the time. Wonder if they will call the police on me now? Oh well, my only concern right now is with Shiloh and getting him home and healed.

Proud Mom to Shoshi, Eli and Kodiak
and never to be forgotten, Shiloh
Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks its the greatest dog that ever lived!

Top Likes: 0 
#324595 - 10/22/14 05:17 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Shilohsmom]
PositiveDog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ohio
I'm sorry I didn't realise today was surgery day. I'm so happy all went well.

Darn new neighbors. frown

Hopefully they'll come around and become more a good part of the neighborhood soon.

www.dogtors.com

With approval of my friends:

SamCat, 03/2011

Seiko, Solo, Sophie, Skye and Buddy - bridge dogs who taught me so much

#324597 - 10/22/14 05:43 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Shilohsmom]
Braverhund Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Massachusetts
Healing vibes zooming out for Shiloh! May he be home and all snuggled up in his usual spot soon. What a super boy Shiloh is! Wishing a very comfy rest for everyone in your home tonight! peacesign

Grimm van den Heuvel, "Donnerpratzen"
Smokey The TeddyLion, DLH purrbuddy

Dir gehört mein Herz

#324598 - 10/22/14 06:04 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Braverhund]
Wisc.Tiger_Val Offline
Member First - Owner Second "The Watcher"

Loc: Wisconsin
I am glad to hear that Shiloh is out of surgery and doing well.

Fuzzybutt the cat.

RIP Cheyenne - AKA: Digger, CheyChey Girl, Cheyenne Large and In charge. 2/16/02 - 2/27/16
RIP DeeDee - AKA: DD Poo, Little Bit, Binky (part of the Binky and Booboo team) 6/23/02-6/20/11
RIP Lakota - AKA: Bubba, Big Boy, BooBoo (the other part of the Binky and BooBoo team). 1/19/03-9/19/2011
RIP Raya - AKA: Raz-a, Ray a Sunshine, RayBestos, the little one, Silly Girl. 9/21/05 - 6/27/14

#324600 - 10/22/14 07:10 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Wisc.Tiger_Val]
Veteran

Just a really quick update as I need to keep my eyes on Shiloh. He's home groovy I'm really going to have to keep an eye on him at all times right now. Since they had to take off so much, skin the area back there might come open some, I'm not to worry about it. He's got several layers of stitches and staples.

Its just such a relief to have him home. I also got some meds for sedation. I plan (right now) to keep him slightly sedated over the next couple of days. I'm just so glad this is over. Of course, I trust the Vet 100% but in the back of my mind I kept thinking 'but he is 11 years old'...

Better run, Nurse Mama is on duty!!!!

Every dog deserves to have a human that thinks its the greatest dog that ever lived!

#324601 - 10/22/14 07:17 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Braverhund]
TimberWolf Offline
Old Hand

Rosa, thank you for the update. I am so glad the surgery went well and Shiloh seems to recover from the surgery quickly. I am not surprised that he heard your voice. Your babies are totally tuned into you. I think they probably could have put 3 steel doors in-between him and you and he still would have known you were there. smile.

May he continue to recover nicely and quickly. Too bad the neighbors decided to add to the stress already. There is always one in the neighborhood. Isn't there? In taking care of Shiloh, please don't forget to take also good care of yourself.

#324602 - 10/22/14 08:50 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: TimberWolf]
Veteran

Well I gave him his dinner and he is now resting. smile I took a few pictures:

Its really swollen all over down there, but I'm sure that's to be expected. I'm just so happy to have him home and in my arms and care.

Shiloh is so much my rock. He's as solid and dependable as they come.

I'm not the least bit worried about the neighbors complaining to the Police about barking. I likely would have been more upset if I didn't have something more important on my mind. I did go over and visit with the other neighbor that the police went to today. We just don't have a clue as to who would have complained. There's really no one here during the day which is one reason I don't worry about Eli's barking. I was thinking it might be the new neighbor but I don't want to assume anything. Its just not worth it. Again, I'm just not worried about it right now, I have my boy to take care of.

Thanks again for all the support.

#324603 - 10/22/14 09:20 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Shilohsmom]
TimberWolf Offline
Old Hand

Oh my goodness, that looks tough. Wow!! Poor Shiloh.

#324605 - 10/22/14 09:22 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Shilohsmom]
Mary Jane Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Shilohsmom
Shiloh is so much my rock. He's as solid and dependable as they come.

and you Lady give the same neverending support right back to your beautiful furries. A thousand gentle hugs to the rock of Shiloh and a few gentle, firm hugs to Rosa also smile

Get some rest, everybody-you are all back together.

MJ

#324606 - 10/22/14 10:10 PM Re: Shiloh is at the Vet [Re: Shilohsmom]
Braverhund Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Massachusetts
Each day better, each day stronger as Shiloh's incisions heal up in record time! crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers I am so glad your handsome boy is home, and resting comfortably with you. You are doing a fantastic job caring for your sweet Shiloh. May you all sleep well tonight! hugging

Grimm van den Heuvel, "Donnerpratzen"
Smokey The TeddyLion, DLH purrbuddy

Dir gehört mein Herz

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
Excavation
by Woodreb
Today at 07:40 PM
First CT Snow
by Woodreb
Today at 05:26 PM
Snow dogs.... In North Georgia
by SouthernThistle
12/08/17 01:52 PM
Activated Charcoal for Chronic Pancreatitis?
by Kamahi
12/08/17 01:19 AM
My Dear Shoshi
by Shilohsmom
12/06/17 06:17 PM
Welcome Home Neilla
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
12/06/17 03:02 PM
Odin: he's home and full of sass
by SouthernThistle
12/03/17 03:48 PM
Buddy 04/07/2000 to 11/24/2017
by PositiveDog
12/02/17 08:37 PM
Santa may giving early Christmas Present to us.
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
11/30/17 09:47 AM
How to keep my GSD Maximus calm at K9 class
by Kimbe's 3
11/29/17 02:00 PM
Help Support the Forum
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
"I CAN:T Believe it happened again"
by Shilohsmom
12/01/17 10:33 PM
Holiday cards
by Shilohsmom
12/01/17 10:20 PM
Holidays in December
by Shilohsmom
11/27/17 11:07 PM
Thanksgiving Plans anyone?
by Shilohsmom
11/18/17 09:51 PM
Resurrected :)
by SouthernThistle
11/08/17 10:34 AM
Who's Online
2 registered (Shilohsmom, Woodreb), 38 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Affiliate Link
Newest Members
Zion, Susan dawn, Po32273, Storm, Jalena4, Lemonfield1, Dysie, Dan Wolf, Kimbe's 3, ElsaMae
2863 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2863 Members
100 Forums
20326 Topics
324454 Posts

Max Online: 137 @ 01/07/16 07:28 PM
Amazon Prooducts