German Shepherd Home
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#343731 - 03/19/17 02:20 AM New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them?
Codmaster Offline
Veteran

Loc: CA
So AKC has announced a couple of new Rally classes (Intermediate and Masters) along with a number of new signs for exhibitors to learn.

Anyone see them yet - started practicing (in force in Nov. 2017)?

Some look really cool and fun to train and do in the ring.

Top Likes: 0 
#343740 - 03/20/17 07:00 PM Re: New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them? [Re: Codmaster]
Codmaster Offline
Veteran

AACCCK! No Rally folks interested?

As I mentioned some of the Masters class new signs are really cool and will be fun to train and demonstrate in the ring.

#343750 - 03/21/17 07:21 PM Re: New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them? [Re: Codmaster]
DancingCavy Offline

Loc: Syracuse, NY
I've seen most of them in other rally venues (ASCA, C-WAGS, WCRL, Rally-FrEe) so most of them aren't all that new to me. smile
It Just Keeps Getting Better: Risa's Blog
Pet Portraits

#343755 - 03/22/17 12:32 AM Re: New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them? [Re: DancingCavy]
Codmaster Offline
Veteran

These other groups already have most of the same signs? Interesting. Sounds like you are very much into the other Rally venues, other than just AKC. I never noticed if the other orgs had clubs/trials where we are.

The different number of Rally orgs would provide everyone with a chance to earn a lot more and different titles as well as the opportunity to train their dogs a lot.

just looked at one of the other orgs you mentioned "Rally-FrEe". Sounds a bit different than AKC with the "Canine Musical Freestyle" added. Dancing with my dog would have been pretty different I have to admit! A woman in my Obedience club was into that sort of thing with her dogs - Aussies, I think! Interesting but not for us.

But you seem to say that they have all the new signs that AKC is just adding now for November trials. I will take a look at the signs in Rally-Free in a bit of detail.

Thanks for the info!

#343789 - 03/25/17 05:47 PM Re: New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them? [Re: Codmaster]
DancingCavy Offline

There are tons of other venues for rally besides AKC. I've competed in WCRL (it was APDT at the time), C-WAGS, ASCA, and Rally-FrEe in addition to AKC. I know C-WAGS has the cloverleaf and I recognized a lot of ASCA signs in there as well. Spinning alongside the handler has always been a freestyle thing so it's natural to find it in Rally-FrEe even though the sport is relatively new.

Freestyle, imho, is the best dog sport. I've been involved with it for almost 10 years. It's creative and challenging (as well as SUPER FUN!). Like all sports, it's not for everyone.

I'm looking forward to the new signs and possibilities for AKC rally with the puppy. Risa is retired from AKC rally after earning her RAE and she can't jump anymore with her back. It'll be a while before Kyu gets to play, though. smile
Pet Portraits

#343796 - 03/26/17 01:06 AM Re: New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them? [Re: DancingCavy]
Codmaster Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: DancingCavy
There are tons of other venues for rally besides AKC. I've competed in WCRL (it was APDT at the time), C-WAGS, ASCA, and Rally-FrEe in addition to AKC. I know C-WAGS has the cloverleaf and I recognized a lot of ASCA signs in there as well. Spinning alongside the handler has always been a freestyle thing so it's natural to find it in Rally-FrEe even though the sport is relatively new.

Freestyle, imho, is the best dog sport. I've been involved with it for almost 10 years. It's creative and challenging (as well as SUPER FUN!). Like all sports, it's not for everyone.

I'm looking forward to the new signs and possibilities for AKC rally with the puppy. Risa is retired from AKC rally after earning her RAE and she can't jump anymore with her back. It'll be a while before Kyu gets to play, though. smile

Appreciate the info on other orgs. I knew there was one other but not that many! I think there is now an Intermediate class in AKC with some of the advanced signs but no jumps. Might be a good class. I believe that AKC recognized that there were a lot of people with dogs that could not jump (age and/or injury?) and so set up another class for them to keep competing! Sounds like a good idea I think.

#343800 - 03/26/17 10:08 AM Re: New AKC Rally classes and signs - anyone see them? [Re: Codmaster]
DancingCavy Offline

UKC has rally as well. And then there's CARO and CKC in Canada. LOTS of options! laugh

I think the Intermediate class is for dogs who aren't quite ready for off-leash Advanced. I don't think dogs with RAEs would be welcome there. wink
Pet Portraits

Monthly Photo Contest Winner
Newest Topics
BOING
by DancingCavy
Yesterday at 09:59 AM
Home Cooking for the Pancreatic Pooch?
by Kamahi
12/13/17 04:00 PM
December 2017 Photo Contest Entries.
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
12/12/17 07:47 PM
Comments for December 2017 Photo Contest
by Wisc.Tiger_Val
12/12/17 07:37 PM
More snow
by Sylv
12/12/17 02:07 PM
Excavation
by Woodreb
12/10/17 07:40 PM
First CT Snow
by Woodreb
12/10/17 05:26 PM
Snow dogs.... In North Georgia
by SouthernThistle
12/08/17 01:52 PM
Activated Charcoal for Chronic Pancreatitis?
by Kamahi
12/08/17 01:19 AM
My Dear Shoshi
by Shilohsmom
12/06/17 06:17 PM
Help Support the Forum
New Topics - Other Animals & Chat
Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish members!
by Braverhund
12/12/17 09:51 PM
"I CAN:T Believe it happened again"
by Shilohsmom
12/01/17 10:33 PM
Holiday cards
by Shilohsmom
12/01/17 10:20 PM
Holidays in December
by Shilohsmom
11/27/17 11:07 PM
Thanksgiving Plans anyone?
by Shilohsmom
11/18/17 09:51 PM
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Affiliate Link
Newest Members
BaneGSD, Zion, Susan dawn, Po32273, Storm, Jalena4, Lemonfield1, Dysie, Dan Wolf, Kimbe's 3
2864 Registered Users
Forum Stats
2864 Members
100 Forums
20334 Topics
324511 Posts

Max Online: 137 @ 01/07/16 07:28 PM
Amazon Prooducts