Puppy show with Ami!

Posted by: BasiaBear

Puppy show with Ami! - 10/04/17 08:56 PM

Ami and I entered our first show! He was in the 6-9 month puppy class and made 5th out of 12 (or maybe 11?) dogs, right on the tail end of all the show dogs. He was such a good boy with all of the other strange dogs and people running around in circles, haha! He had an awesome handler!

I couldn't hear the judges critique but the take home message I got from a friend was that he could be higher up on his pasterns and that he could stand to lose some weight. Figured I'd share given my last post on here! Here is a quick picture in the parking lot... the only pics I got that day.

Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/04/17 09:51 PM

He is absolutely gorgeous! Way to go, Ami. thumbup
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/05/17 08:40 AM

Good Job.

I think if his front leg were under him a bit more it might improve the look of the pastern. If you draw an imaginary line from his elbow to the ground you will see that his front legs are perched out and need to be under him a bit more.
Posted by: Codmaster

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/05/17 03:41 PM

pretty dog!

What show was he in?

Working line or show line background?
Posted by: Codmaster

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/05/17 04:04 PM

pretty dog!

What show was he in?

Posted by: Wolfie

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/06/17 06:31 AM

Congratulations on the placement. Ami is a handsome young boy.
Posted by: Shilohsmom

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/06/17 07:13 PM

congratulations congrats
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/06/17 10:08 PM

congrats
Posted by: BasiaBear

Re: Puppy show with Ami! - 10/07/17 08:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Wisc.Tiger_Val
Good Job.

I think if his front leg were under him a bit more it might improve the look of the pastern. If you draw an imaginary line from his elbow to the ground you will see that his front legs are perched out and need to be under him a bit more.

Yes, this is true! It's the first thing I noticed. This picture was just a really quick and dirty in the parking lot thing. Stacked by a friend who happened to be there. I am not sure how he looked in the ring since I was trying my best to focus my ADD brain on my handler and do what she said crazy . If I got too close, he would squirm so I had to be within earshot but not eyesight. People warned me that showing is a lot harder than it looks, and now I understand.

Originally Posted By: Codmaster
pretty dog!

What show was he in?

It was an SV conformation show and breed survey put on by Quinebaug Schutzhund Club in Connecticut. Lots of show dogs there but there were plenty of working dogs as well. 60-40, maybe if I had to guess. His class was the largest and there were 4 show dogs and 7 or 8 working dogs. All the show dogs were favored by the judge.