Kody has the squirts (Help needed)

Posted by: Shilohsmom

Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/15/18 03:19 PM

Kody had the squirts diarrhea (last night, likely due to the ice cream he had earlier in the day. I'm boiling some chicken breasts now along with rice. Should I give this to him today or have him fast today? I'm thinking at just 7 1/2 months he's too young for a fast?? Please advise.

Re: Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/15/18 03:42 PM

Just wanted to add that Kody is feeling great. We enjoyed our morning walk and he's busy playing right now. I just did a quick google search and it looks like he should fast for 12 hrs or so???? I haven't given him any breakfast but thought I could give him the chicken and rice later today.

I don't have any pumpkin right now but will get some soon in case he needs it.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/15/18 06:44 PM

I have fasted and not fasted. It depends on how many stools were diarrhea. More than 1 then I will fast for 6 hours and go small bland diet. More than 1 yucky stool then I will fast for 12 hours and then go small bland diet first feeding then increase the amount of bland.

Re: Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/15/18 08:20 PM

Thanks Val. I gave him a few bites earlier and will give him a little bit more tonight, then I should get a poop. Hopefully, it will firm up. I just couldn't remember if I should fast a pup or not...its been a long time since I've had a pup. Thankfully he seems to be feeling just fine.
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/17/18 08:33 AM

I hope he is better today. I rarely fast a dog, but do give very small, but more frequent meals if tolerated. Hopefully the ice cream was a trigger and he's all better.

Re: Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/17/18 10:41 AM

Yep, it was the ice cream sick Thankfully he's all better with regular poops again poop
Posted by: Islandgsds

Re: Kody has the squirts (Help needed) - 02/17/18 11:37 AM

Doing the good poop dance poop poop poop groovy poop poop poop