Trent was hit by a car

Posted by: Rei

Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 07:39 PM

Good thoughts please. We're hoping it's nothing serious.
Posted by: GSDTrain

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 07:44 PM

Oh my...so sorry! Please keep us posted!
Sending positive thoughts his way! hugging
Posted by: LauraHolder

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 07:49 PM

Oh no! Sending good vibes and thoughts your way!
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 07:51 PM

Poor Trent! Please let us know how he is. I will be watching for an update. crossedfingers

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:06 PM

Thank you everyone. No good news, he is bleeding everywhere but no deep injuries. He didn't appear to be in pain earlier when we checked for internal injury but now he won't stop shaking. We're taking him to the vet. frown

Please continue to think of us.
Posted by: JakodaCD OA

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:07 PM

my prayers are with you and trent,,poor guy:((((( and poor you!! Please let us know, we will be sending positive vibes Trents way

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:15 PM

he's probably in shock...let us know how the vet visit goes!
Posted by: elisabeth

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:16 PM

OMG... I am shaking... Please, please, please pull through with no serious injuries Trent.

Sending healing thoughts your way asap!

Rei, you and your family are in my thoughts too..

Oh gosh, my heart is in my throat!
Posted by: GSD07

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:32 PM

What a bad news! Rei, do please keep us posted. I'll keep Trent and you in my thoughts. I hope the vets will help him pull it through.
Posted by: Emjworks05

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:33 PM

OH NO, I am so very, very sorry. Oh Rei, I am so very, very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with Trent and your family. Please keep us all updated, I hope that the vet doesn't find anything serious.
Posted by: Kris

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:39 PM

Oh my gosh... Sending lots of positive energy and healing thoughts to precious Trent... hugging
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:42 PM

Terrible news - sending positive thoughts your way hugging

crossedfingers
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 08:53 PM

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Trent.
Posted by: AgilePaws

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:00 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Trent. hugging
Posted by: Cassidy's Mom

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:04 PM

How awful, I hope he's okay.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:04 PM

Sending positive and healing vibes to Trent. Rei calming vibes to you.

hugging
Posted by: AngelJ

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:06 PM

Positive thoughts and prayers for Trent. Hoping that he is going to be well.
Posted by: LifeAsMe

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:25 PM

Positive thoughts for you and Trent!
Posted by: Zisso

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:26 PM

My heart sank for you when I read the title of this thread. My prayers are with you for the very best outcome. Be strong for Trent and know that we are all pulling for him!
Posted by: Crooked Creek

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:30 PM

imsorry Terrible news ...hoping for a good outcome.
Posted by: Jane Jean

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:30 PM

Im sorry to read this Rei! Prayers for Trent to pull thru with no ill effects, he has youth and strength on his side...
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:39 PM

Sending positive thoughts to Trent...
Posted by: AvaLaRue

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 09:43 PM

Oh my gosh....many positive thoughts for Trent!
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:02 PM

Oh, no Rei! Many, many positive healing throughts for Trent, your special handsome boy. May Trent recover and heal, and be back to being himself soon. Many positive thoughts beaming out for Trent! crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers
Posted by: Leslie&Chico

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:08 PM

Sending positive thoughts to you and Trent hugging
Posted by: Castlemaid

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:27 PM

Oh no!!! Rooting and pulling for Trent to be okay!!!
Posted by: Kayos

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:30 PM

OH NO!!!! Please let Trent be okay! All the paws in the Woodbury house are crossed for dear Trent. Please let us know how he is and hugs to you. You must be devastated. hugging
Posted by: Northern GSDs

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:42 PM

frown Thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts for Trent
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:47 PM

Positive, healing thoughts zooming your and Trents way.hugging
Posted by: ShatteringGlass

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 10:52 PM

OMG! I hope he's okay!
Posted by: cassadee7

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 11:13 PM

Oh my goodness, I am so worried! Please know I am praying for Trent to be okay. I am going to be thinking about you and Trent all evening.
Posted by: Tara

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 11:17 PM

Oh no! hugging Sending positive healing thoughts for Trent.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/09/11 11:52 PM

Just wondering if anyone has heard from Rei about how Trent is doing? Im so worried about them frown frown
Posted by: Chicago Canine

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:00 AM

Oh no I hope Trent is ok!

My vet's dog got hit (bumped) by a car recently, he found a weak spot in the fence, headed straight to the street and ended up with a broken leg, poor guy is bumping around the office with a big cast but doing well.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:02 AM

I am wondering the same thing... I keep checking in to see if she posted... does anyone have her on facebook? or MSN?

I am so nervous for them...
Posted by: Jason L

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:16 AM

Oh crap!!!!
Posted by: Vinnie

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:25 AM

Positive thoughts going out to Trent & Rei.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 01:00 AM

Just checking in...
Posted by: Sage's mom

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 01:14 AM

hugging Thinking of you and Trent! Hope he is doing okay. Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 01:26 AM

Checking in before going to bed and wishing and praying for good news....
Posted by: Bcannie

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 01:38 AM

Oh my gosh I just saw this post. This is terrible. Rei I was just thinking of you because I was in Portland for a convention and saw someone on the MAX that looked like you. I also left Z in Salem, and was thinking it would be fun to meet up. Please keep us posted..... I'm going to be worrying! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope Trent is doing well!
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 02:26 AM

Also checking in before going to bed. Remembering photos of Trent posing happily with Rei... Trent smiling in a field... Trent enjoying time with a cute dark-haired baby... and sending tons of good, positive, healing thoughts to both Trent and Rei. crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Braverhund
Also checking in before going to bed. Remembering photos of Trent posing happily with Rei... Trent smiling in a field... Trent enjoying time with a cute dark-haired baby... and sending tons of good, positive, healing thoughts to both Trent and Rei. crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers

Couldn't of said it better myself...

Thinking of both of you tonight...

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: elisabeth
Originally Posted By: Braverhund

Couldn't of said it better myself...

Thinking of both of you tonight...

I agree! I am also thinking of you guys..

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:09 AM

Me four.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:24 AM

Thanks everyone, should have updated sooner but only just found time.

GREAT news - Trent is doing very well and the vet said that he'll be absolutely fine with no lasting injuries. Happy to say that the worst of his injuries are some bruising and nails on the back foot that had been bleeding nonstop at first and are now partially removed and bandaged. Our usual vet could not take us today and referred us to another (a closer one). They were also booked but turns out the people who were supposed to be there for the appointment at the moment did not show up, so they told us to go ahead and come in. They were wonderful and Trent behaved as if it was any other vet trip. By the time we arrived he was still shaking slightly but was happy to meet new people and the shaking stopped soon.

He's now sleeping and I'll be up with him all night, can't imagine going to sleep tonight, even knowing he's okay. Emotionally, he's really never been better. Still thinks cars are the best thing ever. Loves the attention he is getting. He's no longer shaking and is all tail wags. Absolutely no sign of anxiety or wariness on his part all day.

Here's the full story on what happened, now that I can finally stop and type out details -

I had been away at a 3 day conference about two hours away in Eugene, Oregon. I left Thursday morning and came back this afternoon. Looking at my previous post, I made that at 2:39 p.m. Trent was probably hit at 2:15 - 2:20 p.m.

The moment I got home and parked alongside the curb, my younger sister opened the door and Trent shot out at me before anyone could stop him. Because I was on the driver's side of the car, he had to go around the car and ended up overshooting in his excitement and ended up in the middle of the road, where a car driving past hit him full on. I was running on 6 accumulated hours of sleep in the past three days and was barely paying attention to my surroundings, or else I would have stood in the middle of the road myself. Although Trent got up and trotted back over to my side and into the house, I couldn't stop screaming or crying. This was NOT what I wanted to come home to.

My mother went to get the license plate number of the people who hit them and they offered their other personal information as well. They were not at fault but were kind enough to stop and offer their help and to make sure Trent was okay. They were horrified when we confirmed that they actually did hit him. I'm just thankful that we live in a conscientious neighborhood where drivers all go slowly because children frequently run across roads.

In the house I laid Trent down and bandaged him, but kept finding more places where he was bleeding, though all wounds were thankfully shallow. He seemed fine otherwise but I was still insistent on getting him to a vet. When I made the post at 2:39 I was online to look up the vet's number. My cellphone batteries had gone out on the drive back, and my laptop was right next to me because I had brought it along on the trip. I made a quick and brief post hoping for good thoughts and vibes and support, and now I can say that it worked! Thank you guys for keeping us in your thoughts, I can't even say how grateful and happy I am that the injuries were minimal. I was scared to death (still am scared).

We were not able to rush to the vet immediately because 1) we were bandaging him and looking for exterior and interior injuries and 2) after making a few calls we found that we had no form of transportation. My father had taken the large car to go to the gym and would not be back for another half an hour to an hour. The smaller car I came back in was too small. If Trent laid down across the back seats, there would be no room for someone to sit besides him, and someone needed to be sitting besides him to keep him still and down on the seats. The people who had hit him had already left by then.

We made a few calls, but it was hard to find someone. I could not get a hold of most of the people on my contact list because my cell phone was out and the charger was in the very back of my suitcase, tucked away. The friends I did get a hold of were busy. Our family friends were not much help because of ethnicity and culture, as much as I hate to say it. The large majority of them disliked dogs more than they liked them. We finally did find a friend, though, who lived nearby and was devastated to hear about Trent. She dropped everything to drive over.

At 3:06 p.m. she was headed for our house, and I wanted to give everyone a quick update before we left. I know we should have gone immediately and there was almost an hour between the time when Trent got and the time we got to the vet, but we took him as soon as it was possible. He is my first dog and I have never been through something like this before. I was in shock and wasn't thinking, all I could see was my puppy bleeding and shaking. I should have picked him up and asked the people who hit him to take us to the closest vet, but I wasn't thinking. I just wanted to get away and get him inside and for the bleeding to stop.

I'm relieved that he is okay. Vet has said that he'll be just fine, and it feels so good to be able to type those words out. A huge THANK YOU to everyone on this board for supporting us, it means a great deal to me. I couldn't post this on Facebook because I knew the kind of awful responses and lack of sympathy and tact my 'friends' would express in their comments. It would have just made me sick. Truly greatful for the incredible community here on the board, thank you guys so much.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:40 AM

Rei,

Sooooooo happy to hear that Trent is okay... You got Trent to the vet as soon as possible and that is what counts.

Happy to hear that Trent is going to be able to enjoy his time with you for many more years.

I was so worried for him and you.. I think of Trent every time I think about this forum because Stark and Trent are so close in age and really hit the milestones together.

I can now go on vacation with a clear head.. so happy to read this update.

Now, give that boy a big kiss and a snuggle for me!

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:44 AM

I will, Elisabeth smile

Thank you so much for your kind words and support, it means a great deal to us. I have been through a lot but this is by far the scariest day of my life. I was looking forward to taking him out and going to the park after a long 3 day conference but came home to this instead. I am so incredibly grateful that he is okay. He's trying to roll around in my bed right now and keeps pushing his big dorky head into me so I'll rub his ears wub I cannot imagine life without this dog.
Posted by: Cassidy's Mom

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:46 AM

What a relief! I hope your sister learned a lesson, this could have been so much worse. Very lucky that it turned out okay. hugging

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:53 AM

So glad to hear that he's ok. This is how I lost Kai so it was really tough for me to read. I'm very relieved that Trent had only minor injuries.
Posted by: Castlemaid

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 04:00 AM

Oh thank goodness!!!! I am so happy to hear the good news! What a scary situation!

VERY impressed that Trent is taking it all in stride and dealing with this trauma so well - gotta love the big goof! Hope you can get some sleep now and enjoy being home with your bison-head teddy bear. smile

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 04:11 AM

Oh goodness! I am SOOOOO HAPPY to hear he will be ok! I was so worried about you guys. I hope that he makes a speedy recovery!

When we are panicked and stressed sometimes it seems like we don't think very straight but you did good for Trent, you did exactly what you were suppose to do as a dog mommy.

Give that boy hugs and head scratches from me!
Posted by: Bcannie

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 04:24 AM

I am SO happy to hear Trent is ok!!!!!

What a coincidence.... I was at a 3 day conference too! (Maybe that was you that I saw ha ha).

Don't feel guilty at all for not asking the people who hit him to give you a ride. I probably would have done things exactly the same. It is instinct to want to get an injured animal (or child for that matter) into the saftey zone of the house to assess everything.

I'm glad I checked this again before going to bed. I will be able to sleep better, knowing Trent is safe and sound!!!
Posted by: bianca

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 07:50 AM

Oh Rei hugging I just logged on and saw the title and my heart stopped. I am so very happy that gorgeous Trent will be OK. Sending lots of healing thoughts that he is not too sore in the morning hugging
Posted by: JakodaCD OA

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 08:39 AM

I'm so happy Trent will be ok,,nothing like running on adrenaline when something like this happens! I most likely would have done the same thing , working on him first, and then off to the vet..

Poor guy, he may be a little stiff today but glad the outcome will be a good one,,ok now you can 'chill and breathe' smile
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:10 AM

Rei,
I am so glad Trent is going to be OK. Just like with us, wounds on the lower legs and feet bleed profusely.
I am sorry it happened but crap like this does happen.

It's a sad comment on the internet that you needed to give such a detailed account explaining the incident.

May you and Trent both get some needed rest and may both of your adrenaline levels return to normal soon.
Posted by: GSDElsa

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:15 AM

Wow, how scary! So glad that he is OK!

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:24 AM

Glad to hear he's okay! Now take care of yourself and try to get some rest!

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:28 AM

Oh I am so happy to hear he is okay! How terrifying for you guys. I know he rushed out because he was so happy to see you as I imagine you have taught him wait at doors. No dog is ever perfect at that especially when their best human is home from a few days trip. I can picture Havoc doing this too.
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:34 AM

I am so glad Trent is OK. I am sure your sister is very upset but she could not have imagined this would happen.

Trent may be stiff and sore today. If you have any arnica it would be good to give to him to help with that.

Dear Trent - be careful! hugging
Posted by: AvaLaRue

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:39 AM

So glad Trent is ok!! I logged in and saw the number of pages since I posted on page 2 before bed last night...and my heart sank!! So glad I read thru all the pages and found GOOD news!!

Hugs to you and Trent!! hugging
Posted by: JeanKBBMMMAAN

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 10:03 AM

Very glad he's okay!
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 10:04 AM

Glad to hear that Trent is OK.
Posted by: AngelJ

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 10:25 AM

So happy to hear that Trent will be fine. hugging for you and Trent.
Posted by: Schnickle Fritz

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 10:28 AM

glad he is ok
Posted by: DancingCavy

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 11:15 AM

What a scary situation. I'm so glad Trent is okay. Whew!
Posted by: GSD07

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 11:22 AM

Glad Trent will be ok! Did the vets do x-rays? What a scary incident and I'm happy that Trent recovered emotionally so quick.
Posted by: cassadee7

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 11:58 AM

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!! I am so thankful he is okay... I really do care so much about you guys and this was the first thing I checked when I got up this morning, to see if he was okay. So happy to hear he is going to be okay. Big hugs for you and Trent!
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:03 PM

What a good start to my day to know that Trent will be fine. Rei you are a great owner. Accidents happen. Your brain gets all fuddled up because you are in a situation that is scary and the adrenalin is pupping and add to your situation lack of sleep. You did fine, I think you did right by checking Trent over right away. You needed to check if there was something that needed immediate first aid like a pressure bandage.

Trent is going to be sore, you are going to find some bruising come to the surface.

But I am so glad it was nothing really serious.
Posted by: SunCzarina

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:13 PM

I;m so happy to hear it's just superficial and he'll be okay!
Posted by: Kris

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 12:56 PM

Very happy to read this great news!! I think you handled things really well!
Posted by: arycrest

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 02:35 PM

What a nightmare ... so glad he's doing okay!!!
Posted by: Sylv

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:13 PM

How scary, but I am so glad he is okay! hugging
Posted by: Northern GSDs

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:34 PM

Thank goodness! That is great news!
Posted by: Sage's mom

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 03:39 PM

So happy to hear Trent is going to be okay!!
Posted by: GraciesMommy

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 05:14 PM

thumbup Feel better Trent!!! Very scary!!
Posted by: Jane Jean

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: PositiveDog
I am so glad Trent is OK. I am sure your sister is very upset but she could not have imagined this would happen.
Trent may be stiff and sore today. If you have any arnica it would be good to give to him to help with that.
Dear Trent - be careful! hugging

Agree with all above, arnica will be a big help while he heals!
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 05:46 PM

And when he is feeling a bit better, in addition to the arnica, I would absolutely find a chiropractor to take him too to.
Posted by: Quinnsmom

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/10/11 09:46 PM

Just found this thread and am so glad there was a positive outcome. Sending many positive thoughts to Trent for a smooth and uneventful recovery.

Originally Posted By: MaxaLisa
And when he is feeling a bit better, in addition to the arnica, I would absolutely find a chiropractor to take him too to.

I second this, even if it just winds up being an assessment with no treatment needed. Vets are now using laser therapy to speed healing of joint and soft tissue injuries. I'm sure he is pretty bruised and laser might be a big benefit.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 12:31 AM

Quick update - Trent's doing very well, if it weren't for the bandages you would barely be able to tell he was hit just yesterday. He is slightly stiff but as energetic as ever and trying to do laps around the house and engage me into several games of tug. No rough playing or running for this pup yet, though. I am amazed at how well he seems but am taking NO chances. We are doing a few walks on the grass (not on pavement/cement) and I am helping him stretch his legs and joints every so often but no running or tug-o'-war for him. Also impressed by the lack of emotional damage, had several cars drive by on our walk and no reaction from him. Tried to hop in to the car earlier when the rest of the family went shopping.

I stayed up all night with him and slept through the day while the rest of the family waited on him. Just got up a couple hours ago! We're going in for a check up tomorrow afternoon just to be sure of everything. I felt around for injuries again and besides those on the exterior, nothing seems to be wrong. smile

Have to say that I'm extremely angry with my younger sister, though. Before I assumed that Trent had shot out the door and forgotten to wait before given the "okay" as he was trained to, in his excitement. Turns out my sister LET him out the door and gave him permission to do so, thinking it would be nice to have him greet me at the car. I sure hope she has learned her lesson...

Also, a BIG thank you for the suggestions, the vet did say that arnica will be a good idea (he is stiff and sore today) and I will talk to them about chiropractor recommendations and even laser treatment tomorrow.
Posted by: Barb E

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 01:03 AM

I just saw this, I'm so glad to hear Trent is ok
hugging
Posted by: Qyn

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 07:49 AM

Glad to read he is doing well even if, understandably, a bit sore and stiff. It is very frightening when things like this happen.
Posted by: LauraHolder

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 08:24 AM

Soooo glad to read that Trent is doing ok. It constantly amazes me how much our dogs can do through (physically and mentally) and persevere. smile
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 02:53 PM

Trent must be one solid dog to have an accident like that and maintain his cool.

It's clear why you love him so.

All of you, take it easy,
MJ

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 07:12 PM

Glad he is ok!

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 10:32 PM

I would be pretty upset at sis too. I imagine she is very angry at herself as well. The important thing is that Trent will be okay. I think if it had turned out badly she would have a hard time forgiving herself. Give her a hug and forgive her and press on as Trent is. He has already forgotten it. hugging
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 11:19 PM

Rei,
She meant well, it wasn't malicious. And Trent will be OK. Once you are reassured that nothing is broken, excercise will probably be good for him - keep him from stiffening up any more.
Posted by: Islandgsds

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/11/11 11:21 PM

Oh wow! I just read this and what a scare when I first started reading. Then to see it was 9 pages long was even scarier. I'm so glad that there is a happy ending to this.

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/12/11 01:15 AM

Thanks everyone, don't worry, I'm not holding a grudge towards my sister. My main concern stems from the fact that I will be gone next year and she will be one of his primary caretakers and is careless by nature. I sat down and had a long talk with her, I think she understands now. We have a fairly good sister to sister relationship.

We take him out on three walks a day, nothing too long, always on the grass rather than the pavement. He doesn't show any pain but I am concerned about the nails that were broken off/removed on his back paw especially. We also do stretching exercises several times a day.

Checked out great at the vet, we're looking at chiropractor recommendations right now!
Posted by: ozzyandsandi

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/12/11 07:00 AM

Just saw this thread, sending only positive vibes for your boy!
Posted by: aubie

Re: Trent was hit by a car - 04/12/11 11:57 AM

Just read all of this! Whew!! I'm so glad hunky Trent is okay!! I can see where your sister thought it would be nice for you to be greeted by him, accidents happen, we live and learn. So glad everyone is fine!!

Anna sayz: chicks dig scars! wink