Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning

Posted by: anniej

Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 06:45 AM

Some of you may have read my post yesterday about Chamsa's sudden illness. They operated this morning and found a massive tumour and cancer everywhere. They put her to sleep rather than wake her up from the operating - i did not want her to suffer although I desperately wanted to say goodbye to her and be with her when she passed.

Chasma's health was never great and i always knew in my heart she would not be here for long. However, she filled every second she had with happiness and fun. She was with me during a troubled period in my life and brought so much joy and light to my darkest days. She was my greatest teacher and could always be relied upon to teach my ego a lesson - like the time I convinced an aristocratic family who I was working as a temporary nanny for too let me bring her to work with me. As I was telling them how well trained she was - chasma spotted the cat - went screaming across the kitchen after the cat, out the kitchen door where she proceeded to chase the cat into the large fish pond! She brought so much laughter into my life and right now I cant begin to imagine life without her. We were due to move tomorrow down to the South of England where I am due to start a new job - now For the first time in nearly four years I will have to do that journey alone.

She was my heart dog and though there is now an empty space by my side where she use to be she will always be in my heart and with me always
Posted by: Qyn

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 07:57 AM

hugging I just finished reading of Chamsa's illness and now this - I am so sad for you and your beautiful girl. I loved the photos of her walk with Willow especially the head tilt. I cannot imagine how you are feeling now - please accept my sincere condolence at this sad time. hugging
Posted by: Tara

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 07:59 AM

hugging I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 08:00 AM

hugging hugging hugging Oh, Annie. teary I'm so deeply sorry for your loss of your dear Chamsa. Thank you for writing such a tribute to this wonderful spirit and teacher. Chamsa knew always how very LOVED she was. She lived a life of shared adventures with you, feeling your love every day. I am sorry that your journey to your new home is with such aching sadness right now. Your Chamsa will indeed forever be with you in your heart. My deepest compassion as you miss her. hugging hugging hugging
Posted by: Charlotte

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 08:21 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. hugging

Free dog Chamsa.
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 08:24 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. hugging
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 08:30 AM

I am so so sorry to hear this and I can feel your sadness.

Run free, Chamsa. butterfly
Posted by: ozzyandsandi

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 08:43 AM

So sorry for your loss.
Posted by: bianca

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 08:44 AM

Oh Annie, I am so very sorry to read this teary What a beautiful, meaningful life she had with you. hugging hugging Please take care.

Run free sweet girl butterfly
Posted by: Kayos

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 09:03 AM

Oh no, I am so sorry. What a terrible sudden loss. You did the right thing for her tho and she got to have that last day playing in the water.

hugging

Run free dear Chamsa.
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 09:44 AM

Oh, Annie, my heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that Chamsa will be there with you in your heart for your move and for every step you take from now on. Breath in and you will feel her there. It's so painful now but may you soon be able to take comfort in the memories of all of the wonderful times you shared. hugging
Posted by: anniej

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 10:00 AM

Thank you so much for your kind words they bring a lot of comfort to me. i have spent the morning letting Chamsa's many friends know she is no longer with us - many tears have been shed for her today but also shared memories of a wonderful dog with an wild spirit that brought a lot of laughter and happiness into peoples lives.
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 10:43 AM

What a shock this must be. You have my sympathy. Although it is always hard when they die, sudden and young seems to be particularly hard.
Posted by: Schnickle Fritz

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 11:07 AM

i am so sory for your lose... it is never easy...
Posted by: Barb E

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 11:31 AM

I am so sorry hugging
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 12:03 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. rip Chamsa
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 12:26 PM

Chamsa gave you everything she could, every minute, up until the day she died. How much she loved you. That love will go with you to your new position, to any new home, and throughout your life.

I am terribly sorry for your loss but truly impressed with your life together.

Mary Jane
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 12:34 PM

Annie, my heart breaks for you teary loss is so hard, and sudden loss is even more of a shock.

You two were a wonderful team, she was always there for you, aand you took such good care of her, and she knew that.

I am glad that you found out the cause, it will help you understand, and you will just be in awe at how amazing she was when she was so sick. They hide it so well, until suddenly they can't. The day we found Max's cancer was also his last day, which was just about everywhere.

We are all here for you hugging
Posted by: Codmaster

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 01:06 PM

She is waiting at the rainbow bridge nfor you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: arycrest

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 01:49 PM

teary I'm so sorry for your loss ... when I read the thread you posted yesterday I was hoping to hear good news today. Please accept my sincere condolences for your tragic loss.

rip Rest in Peace Chamsa!
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 02:19 PM

I am so sorry for your loss of your best friend Chamsa. Whether sudden or slow in coming it doesn't make it easy.
Posted by: Sylv

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 03:27 PM

I am so sorry hugging
Posted by: mspiker03

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 06:21 PM

I am so sorry. I can totally sympathize as this is how we lost Levi just last month (although different symptoms, but similar circumstances). We too did not get a proper chance to say goobye frown
Posted by: Shepherds

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/28/13 06:34 PM

Annie, so very sorry for the sudden loss of your beautiful Chamsa. Your words for her reflect the life and love you shared for one another.

Chamsa obviously lived life on her terms hiding her illness right up until the end, beautiful brave girl. it is a reminder to all of us, as Chamsa did, to live in the moment and enjoy each day and those moments with our precious companions.

Chamsa may not be by your side now, but she will never leave you.

gsdhalo
Posted by: AngelJ

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/29/13 01:06 AM

I am so sorry for the loss of your special girl hugging
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/29/13 09:17 AM

Annie, just checking in again to extend to you more of my heartfelt compassion. Chamsa's life with you was so full of meaning and love and fun adventures. I know that you have a big move coming ahead of you now. I am wishing you strength. hugging
Posted by: Natalie559

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/29/13 10:36 AM

Aww, Annie, how awful and sad to lose your girl like this! I am so very sorry. May you find peace in her memories in time. Remember the happy times. We're all thinking of you.
Posted by: cainsmomma

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/29/13 11:29 AM

I am so very sorry about your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Posted by: Tarheel

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/29/13 01:24 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 04/30/13 03:08 AM

Thinking of you today hugging
Posted by: kaisersmom

Re: Chamsa crossed the bridge this morning - 05/02/13 11:06 PM

So sorry for your loss - rest in peace, Chamsa paw