Losses, My Mom and Dante

Posted by: Barb E

Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/06/17 09:18 PM

I don't get here as much as I used to but I wanted to share with those of you not on Facebook.

On March 29th I lost my mom at the age of 91. It was not a surprise, her health was failing rapidly the last month or two but it's still incredibly difficult to lose your last living parent.

Today I sent Dante to the Bridge after 12 years and 11 months with me and at the age of 13+ years.

My heart is pretty broken at this point, Kaos will help with this wub

Mom and Dante 2009
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/06/17 09:47 PM

To lose so much so fast must be shattering. Your mother's distinguished age and also Dante's are facts, but I doubt that they lessen the pain.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

Mary Jane
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/06/17 10:32 PM

Oh, arb, my deepest compassion. hugging May Kaos surround you with love at this time.
Posted by: GraciesMommy

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/06/17 10:51 PM

My deepest condolences Barb. I'm so very sorry frown
Posted by: TimberWolf

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 12:41 AM

Barb, I can't even imagine the pain you are feeling right now. Please acep tmy sincere condolences.I am so very sorry. Hugs.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 08:07 AM

Barb, I am so sorry. Two losses so close to each other. Dante can now watch over your mom for you. Hugs
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 09:02 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, especially when they are so close together. grouphug
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 10:15 AM

Since I'm not on FB I sincerely appreciate you posting your loss on the forum. However, I am deeply saddened by your post. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you. Two angels to watch over you. angel
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 02:29 PM

Ah Barb, what a rough time. Your Mom and Dante were both fortunate to have you in their long lives. I'm glad you have Kaos. I, too, am glad you posted although the news is tough.
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 04:03 PM

Barb, accumulated loss is hard but I know you surround yourself with people that can help you through this. I'm so sorry for your losses hugging
Posted by: Sylv

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/07/17 07:03 PM

Barb, I'm so sorry for your losses. May Kaos and time dull the edges of your grief.
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/08/17 08:46 AM

I am so sorry. Two so special to you, what a difficult time for you.

What a beautiful picture.
Posted by: Barb E

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/08/17 02:25 PM

Thank you all, it's a tough time in my house right now but Kaos, with her drive-by kisses, is helping!
wub
Posted by: Shilohsmom

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/08/17 04:35 PM

Barb, I've missed seeing you here and am so very sorry to hear of your losses. Please know we are here for you hugging
Posted by: Kayos

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/08/17 05:10 PM

So very sorry to hear this Barb.
Posted by: kaisersmom

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/08/17 10:01 PM

I lost my mom and then Kaiser a year apart. Even though we know it's coming we are never prepared - and the loss of a parent and of a beloved dog are both a hurt like no other. My thoughts and prayers go out to you hugging
Posted by: zyp

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/09/17 09:58 PM

So hard!

I'm sorry, so much.
Posted by: Tarheel

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/14/17 10:51 AM

I am so sorry for you double loss.
Posted by: Karin

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/17/17 10:05 PM

I'm so sorry, Barb. This is a really tough thing to go through, but I'm so glad that you have Kaos there to give kisses and provide comfort to you. That is such a sweet picture of your mom and Dante. They look so happy. Take care and know that we are all thinking of you during this sad time.
Posted by: GSD07

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/27/17 12:32 PM

Barb, I am so sorry. It's so incredibly difficult to lose your mom and Dante almost at the same time. I lost my mom two years ago and it still hurts, I miss her every day... Hugs.
Posted by: Qyn

Re: Losses, My Mom and Dante - 05/29/17 05:34 AM

Sorry to read this Barb, my sincere condolences on both losses, devastating for you on all levels .... kind regards