My Dear Shoshi

Posted by: Shilohsmom

My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 06:17 PM

You were the best friend I ever had. I see your nose art on the window, but the house has gone silent.
Posted by: jlstudent1970

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 06:26 PM

Rosa, I read your post and it brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me of my other gsd Max that passed 4 years ago. Before he died he was looking out my living room window and he left nose prints on them. To this day when I clean my windows I wipe around his nose prints. They are still there and I won't clean it off.
Posted by: TimberWolf

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 07:50 PM

Rosa, I am so sorry of your pain. Life can be so tough. So, so sorry.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 08:33 PM

Rosa, I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Shoshi
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 09:10 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. rip Shoshi
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 09:28 PM

Rosa, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your Shoshi. hugging's
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 10:55 PM

I am so very sorry. Shoshi will be forever remembered.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/06/17 11:01 PM

RIP Shoshi. I’m so sorry for your loss of your dear girl. rip
Posted by: Islandgsds

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 12:31 AM

I'm at a loss for words right now. My heart is heavy from the shock of this news and my eyes are filled with tears. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Shoshi. R.I.P. sweet girl. paw
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 08:26 AM

Oh no, I am in shock. This is hurting all of us. Run free dear Shoshi to be with Shiloh playing pain free at the Bridge. angel
Hugs and special thoughts to you dearest Rosa. hugging

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 10:31 AM

I too am in shock. Yesterday started out like any other day. Everything was fine. She had her breakfast, I even gave did her little nails in the morning.

About 11 I sat down at the table and looked over at her in the bedroom. I rushed to her as it was clear she was struggling. She was seizuring (seizure-ing). I called the Vet to say not to go to lunch that something was wrong with Shoshi and I was going to get her there.

I couldn't lift her but got her as far as the front porch. I was screaming for help and a neighbor came over but again, we couldn't lift her. I called the Vet screaming that I needed help and they were on the way. I've got to say they were such a blessing.

It was likely about 10 mins and they were here with a van. The seizure didn't stop.

I followed them to the Vets where they began to work on her. The seizure wouldn't stop. They struggled to get a vein, but finally were able to do so. Her heart was working but she was struggling to breathe. At that point, I told them it was time.

I held her close the whole time. I have never loved anything so much as I did my Shoshi.

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 10:42 AM

teary teary teary teary teary
Posted by: Kris

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 11:16 AM

Rosa, I hope these words can give you some comfort...

“There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who choose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other. To those who have never lived through its turnings and walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given.” —Suzanne Clothier
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 02:56 PM

too much-too sad. I am so sorry Rosa.

MJ

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 04:11 PM

24 hours ago my world was shattered.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 04:16 PM

hugging hugging hugging hugging hugging

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 04:48 PM

P1010057 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

My dear sweet Shoshi. She was so happy seeing the holiday tree. Hers is the pretty white stocking hung by the chimney with care and now all I have is a locket of hair.

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Shilohsmom
...... now all I have is a locket of hair.

Rosa, Rosa you know much better than I can say what you have from your Shoshanna. Under the Lord, there is no way to measure the riches from your sweet, sweet girl-no way to measure on earth.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

MJ
Posted by: Codmaster

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 06:52 PM

Very sorry to hear about your terrible loss!
Posted by: Codmaster

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 11:38 PM

What a beautiful dog!

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/07/17 11:40 PM

I'm still in disbelief. frown
Posted by: Sylv

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 09:09 AM

Oh no! I am tearing up here. I am so sorry!!
Posted by: jlstudent1970

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 09:41 AM

Rosa, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am a relatively new member here, and my heart goes out to you. I get upset for anyone that loses a pet. They are family to us.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 12:51 PM

....now all I have is a locket of hair.

Rosa you have much more. You have all the great memories and the love you shared. Those will always be with you.

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 10:46 PM

Thank you all for your support. I'm doing a little bit better. The loss is still such a shock. But I must say that if given the choice of having her even another six months and having her go in pain or loosing her suddenly like I did, I would choose the later. I am so very thankful she didn't suffer. I am so very thankful that I was here and by her side the entire time. I choose to end her suffering because I loved her so. When she so needed me I was there and for that I am so very blessed.

I miss her so much. teary teary teary teary teary teary teary teary teary teary

I always told her she was my world and everything in it. We had such an amazing bond.

I'm so thankful for the boys which are keeping me going.

My little girl on one of her birthdays
043 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 10:55 PM

And here she was recently when I was painting the living room.

IMG_20170801_133113 (2) by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

She just always had such a sparkle in her eyes.

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:00 PM

Here's one of her in the snow!!!
trip 130 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

trip 169 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:05 PM

And here she is one Halloween that she dressed up as Minnie Mouse. Oh how she loved dressing up!!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:17 PM

Here's a picture of my family running in the hills in Nevada. They so loved to travel. Shoshi is in the middle

vacation day 2 012 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:21 PM

Playing in the water in Montana

vacation day 5 010 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:25 PM

And swimming in North Dakota. My vacations were planned around my pups. It was always about what kind of fun things they can do along the way.

vacation day 6 010 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:33 PM

I have so many pictures of her sleeping. Sometimes I would just sit by her watching her sleep and taking picture after picture after picture. Every time she'd make a movement I'd captured it with a picture. I was that in love with her teary I was watching my little angel and she was so beautiful

shoshi's 11th b day 045 by Rosa Mack, on Flickr

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/08/17 11:41 PM

I always told her "I'm your #1 fan, I am"

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/09/17 12:00 AM

OMG, I just realized something. I had a secret that I never let out. The night before Shoshi passed I told her that secret. Why of all times in my life did I do it that night????????? The secret was I let her know I always gave her more of the canned food than I did the boys. I did it for a couple of reasons. #1 she wouldn't eat it if she didn't get 'enough' canned food. And #2 is I wanted her to know she was so very special and I wanted her to be happy.

Can you imagine... she passed on knowing this little secret that I had kept all these years. Why that night, I will never know... but I tell ya, she was one happy pup knowing that all this time she got more than the boys!!!

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/09/17 10:17 AM

Just like the age old song, "Thanks for the memories." Shoshi was dearly loved and completely aware of the special bond you shared. She will be forever in your heart and ours too. wub

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/09/17 07:42 PM

Just want to thank everyone for your support, kind words and lovely comments about my little girl. I so feared I would never recovery from the loss of Shoshi, but slowly I am recovering. I see it as a blessing in the way she passed so quickly and am blown away about the secret and telling her the night before her passing. I love her so much and I know her spirit will always surround me.

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/09/17 07:44 PM

.... I love her so much and I know her spirit will always surround me.

Truth
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/10/17 06:24 PM

Oh no, I am so very sorry for your sudden loss :-(
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: My Dear Shoshi - 12/11/17 12:19 PM

I've always found it hard - whether it was quick or long decline. The pain is a small price for sharing their lives. Shoshi was one lucky dog to find you. She couldn't have had a better life.