Senior male in need of home (Toronto area)

Posted by: Sylv

Senior male in need of home (Toronto area) - 06/28/16 12:45 PM

I just received the following email, and thought I'd post it here in the event anyone has any suggestions:

"Hi there! Hope you are doing well.

A friend of mine has asked me to put the word out that one of her friends has a 10.5 year old German Shepherd that needs a new home. His owner (has had the dog since puppyhood) is being deported back to Asia and can’t take the dog with him.Just wondering if anyone in your “German Shepherd” circle might be interested.

Do not know this person or the dog directly, but I am being told it is a very well-behaved, mature dog. If you would like more information, please let me know. I just thought it would be good if he could go to a person who is familiar with German Shepherd dogs."
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Senior male in need of home (Toronto area) - 06/28/16 07:03 PM

Bumping this for exposure. bump

Sounds like could be a wonderful, settled dog for someone who wants a GSD with life experience, and to do a real kindness. Senior dogs have so much love to give, if offered a chance!

crossedfingers gsdbeggin paw
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: Senior male in need of home (Toronto area) - 07/01/16 01:15 AM

Has the person reached out to any rescues? Perhaps they could courtesy post the dog.
Posted by: Sylv

Re: Senior male in need of home (Toronto area) - 07/04/16 08:50 AM

I do not know the person personally. Even the girl who sent me the email doesn't know him/her, but got the info from another friend who knows him/her. I suggested they contact Dog Tales, a wonderful rescue just outside of the city ( Dog Tales)