Rescue in OH/IN that has room for female GSD

Posted by: Leslie&Chico

Rescue in OH/IN that has room for female GSD - 07/27/15 07:14 AM

Hello! A co-workers son has a 15 month old, spayed GSD that is most likely needing re-homed. Right now, they are in the Dayton, OH area. He purchased the dog as a puppy and I believe he does not have contact with the breeder so there is no help there. Due to a new job that requires traveling a few days each week and having to move home with his parents, he realized that he cannot provide the best circumstances for his dog. Her name is Mysa, she is full blooded and I believe he has AKC papers on her. I met her once and she is a sweet, happy, full-of-energy(<--emphasis) dog. I believe she gets along with other dogs fine as she goes to the dog park a few times each week but I am not sure about other pets.
I am not sure what rescues in the OH/IN area have room right now and if anyone has any information I could pass along to them I would really appreciate it. I just want to make sure she goes to a good place as they have little to no experience re-homing a dog. I, unfortunately, cannot take her as Chico is almost 8 years old and definitely in no mood for a young dogs shenanigans. Thank you! smile
Posted by: Jane Jean

Re: Rescue in OH/IN that has room for female GSD - 07/27/15 08:36 AM

this rescue may be willing to help...very successful and they have quite a few on a wait list for a GSD. http://www.swmigermanshepherdrescue.com/

Re: Rescue in OH/IN that has room for female GSD - 07/27/15 08:56 AM

Great! Thanks so much, I will pass the information along.
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: Rescue in OH/IN that has room for female GSD - 07/27/15 09:05 AM

The Clark County Humane Society in Springfield works closely with rescues.

The may be able to share a contact to help place her.

Good luck.

http://www.clarkhumane.org/Contact.html

Re: Rescue in OH/IN that has room for female GSD - 07/27/15 09:42 AM

Thanks Bonnie!