Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at

Posted by: Malinois16

Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/04/11 09:43 PM

I borrowed some money out of my emergency fund to bring him in.

Vet confirmed pannus.

The problem I am having is the Optimmune ointment costs $52 and I am lucky to have it last two weeks. I just used it, I dont like it.

Is there such thing as Cyclosporine drops? I really need to find cheaper meds to try because at this price I cant afford to treat it.

She said she carried Prednisolone and Dexamethasone drops. Any suggestions?
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 01:50 AM

There are cyclosporine drops, it is thought that they don't stay in the eye as long as the ointment.

The only way to treat cheaper, is either to get the vet to write you some meds, or to try the prednisolone drops, and if those don't work that well, the Dexa drops.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 01:55 AM

Lisa, I have a script for the Optimmune and I am sure I could convince her for the drops but where the heck do I find the actual drops? I cant find them anywhere except Dr Foster and Smith, they do not ship to Canada

Should I use Pred drops with another type? She said she doesnt like prescribing steriods because if he injures his cornea it can damage it further. There are these drops here to http://www.1800petmeds.com/Neo+Poly+Dex+Ophthalmic-prod10184.html I read they use these to treat Pannus to.

I can do the Optimmune for another month or so, but I cannot afford to pay $55 for a teeny little tube unless I can find it cheaper ($30) somewhere else

Should I invest in some Doggles?

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 02:06 AM

I thought he was having pale gums on the straight neo-poly drops? If so, you definitely don't want those linked eye drops.

Zillions of dogs are on pred drops for pannus. There is a concern if the eye is ulcerated, but the odds of that, really, must be very slim. I am using the pred drops here, no more cyclo or tac for my guy since he appears to be allergic.

Compounding Pharmacies can sell this stuff the cheapest. I have used Roadrunner Pharmacy in Arizona and Meds4vets in Utah. I don't know how if there are any in Canada. I seem to recall though, that Roadrunner no longer carries cyclo, only tacrolimus.

I'm not sure you want a script for Optimmune, but for just "cyclosporine drops", at whatever the right percentage strength is, so that you can get a generic compounded product. Otherwise, they must sell you the name product. You might have to track down the pharmacy and call and ask what they have. I don't know how to find the pharmacy.

My vet started Max on the pred drops. Back then, they made him pee, so I switched. No, he needs the pred, so I use those and the C-bright lubricating vitamin drops, and that is working fine.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 02:13 AM

Lisa not the neo poly drops. He was having pale gums on the Naphazoline Drops.

I cant find cyclosporine drops. So maybe I will try this one for a month then looks into the pred. I know on the pills they make Lincoln lose all bladder control. Will the eye drops make him to the same thing? I can get prednisolone drops for $19. I really do not like the ointment as he tends to move around.

So when I go back in a month I think I should ask for the Prednisolone. Do I use just the pred drops or should I add something else in?

He had the die test thingy done to check for ulcers. It came back okay as well as his tear test. So no concern for ulcers. How long should I keep up the Optimmume until I see a difference?

You have a pm on the other forum, sent it there since I am not here often

Also, the little globs of white blood cells, are those there forever ( hes getting more) or will they go away with treatment?
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 02:27 AM

I used a compounding pharmacy and that was really cheap.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 02:29 AM

Okay, I had the drops goofed up.

The eye drops should not affect the bladder at all. Personally, I would try the drops. That should be all that you need.

For Max, the gobs of white blood cells do resolve. They slowly go down in size, kinda flatten out, then make the eyeball look hazy and you'll think that part of the sight is gone, but then it starts turning to that dark melanin coloring, and then it goes away. At least that's the process that happens with Max. If his meds are right and I give them often enough, then the process doesn't start over.

I've kinda got my hands full over here, so probably won't be over there for awhile to answer pm's, just short responses to some threads.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 03:48 AM

Okay so you really think I should try the prednisolone drops and just them? Thats basically what happened with the other globs of white blood cells. On his other eye, they flattened out and turned brown. Been like that ever since.

What else could they be tho? He is getting more of them in that eye. I will call my vet tomorrow and ask if I can try the prednisolone drops instead. Hopefully she will be okay with that...his globs are in the sclera tho not on his cornea

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 12:20 PM

I called my vet and she okay'ed the Prednisolone Acetate 1% suspension drops. A bottle is $32 here and they will last 2-3 months. I can afford that.

Lisa, how often should I give it? I HATE prednisone and I am hoping it doesnt make him pee 24/7. Will using the eye drops give him all the diseases they say are associated with pred use?

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 02:45 PM

Your vet should have given you dosing instructions? I don't know what the standard dosing is. There are other pannus threads that you can probably search for info, both here and there.

It shouldn't give him any of the issues that pred does, it's a very small amount.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 03:04 PM

Okay, I never got around to asking for dosing, but when I call my vet to call in the prescription next week I will ask. I think its one drop in each 3-4 times a day (since it doesnt last long in the eye) but I wanna cut him back if I can.

I will pick it up next week to have on hand when I finish up the tube of Optimmume that should be made of gold...His eyes looks better today. Though its still red...not sure if that will take time to clear up

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 03:11 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 03:17 PM

The one thing thats bothering me is I call and ask them to call a prescription into the pharmacy. The lady says I will write it down and give it to the vet. Well it never makes it to the vet or they just never call me back.

That drives me insane, because then they think I am rude when I keep calling back. I will not have my dog go without medication and it bothers me they cant seem to find 2 minutes to call in a prescription.

Ugh im having a bad day. If worse comes to worse I will show up in person and ask her to write me a script between an appointment so I can get his meds filled.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 03:22 PM

Why don't you just use the Optimmune ointment until you get the drops?

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 03:31 PM

I am going to finish the tube of Optimmune. But this tube will only last 1-2 weeks. So I will be less anxious if I get the prednisolone drops before this tube runs out. I hate doing things last minute. So as long as the script is called in I can pick it up the end of next week.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/05/11 09:31 PM

Okay, I wanted to ask a couple questions.

How long until I get the full effects of the drops? Will any of the pigment clear up?

Also does the Optimmune sting? After I put it in he paws at his eye and tries to scratch it with his back paw. He never did this until after the drops.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 01:07 AM

Bump??
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Malinois16
The one thing thats bothering me is I call and ask them to call a prescription into the pharmacy. The lady says I will write it down and give it to the vet. Well it never makes it to the vet or they just never call me back.

That drives me insane, because then they think I am rude when I keep calling back. I will not have my dog go without medication and it bothers me they cant seem to find 2 minutes to call in a prescription.

Ugh im having a bad day. If worse comes to worse I will show up in person and ask her to write me a script between an appointment so I can get his meds filled.

Cut the BS. You dawdled and dawdled over even taking him to the vet - so don't try to float the "my dog will not go without medication"; further more you want a cheap fix, trying to get around what they perscribed. "my dog will not go without medication" -- Now everyone at the vets office is supposed to drop everything because you have called?

The inconsistency in your posts damages your credibility.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 03:39 PM

Middle, you have to learn to let things go. It makes YOU look like the inmature one.

Thye prescribed Optimmune because its going to cost me $100 a month to buy from them. If they truly wanted him on only that they wouldnt of wrote me the script for the pred drops. The pred will cost me $32 every 2-3 months, they arent making much profit off that.

First you complain when I dont take him to the vet. So when I finally do your not happy with me trying to find a cheaper option to treat him.

Now I am reminded again as to why I stayed away from this forum for a while. Now I think I may go back to the other forum where people actually HELP me rather then complain because I am trying to treat my dog verses leaving him un treated.

My dog will not go without medication if there are cheaper options to try. If everything was gunna cost over $100 a month, then yes I likely wont be able to treat it. The pred drops are also used to treat pannus. Not sure what crawled up you to always have to find something to complain about

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 04:40 PM

Luckily, the health people are on both forums. smile

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 04:51 PM

Thats fine. Because he only pulls his BS on this forum. Maybe because on the other forum its not tolerated.

I am not even going to bother posting anything anymore regarding his health because it seems that when I dont take him in, everyone complains. When I do take him in and put him on medication unless hes on the most expensive medication heaven forbid no ones happy.

Maybe I will just not bother to treat it. Oh wait, then middle can complain about that because he complains about everything.
Posted by: LifeAsMe

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:09 PM

Maybe I will just not bother to treat it. Oh wait, then middle can complain about that because he complains about everything.

Ya know...your threats of not treating him or euthanizing him to be spiteful to anyone here is just ridiculous. I'll tell you here exactly what I've told you in a PM. Your dog is NOT our responsibility. Your guilt trips are childish and show an extremely unstable temperament. You have more stories, and variations of stories, so it's very hard to put any credibility into anything you say.

It is much easier for BS to get lost in a forum that has 20,000 members so I'm sure you are getting better responses on the other forum. My personal opinion is you need to take some of that socialized medicine that Canada has and get some mental health help.

Middle isn't complaining. She's just not enabling you and calling you on your BS.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:22 PM

No middle is complaining that I wont give him the most expensive medications. At least I brought him to the vet.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:27 PM

Regardless of how you interpret Middle's post...I"m damn sick of you threatening to kill your dog or not treat him medically out of spite to someone on here. Stop using your dog as a tool to get people to kiss your feet.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:29 PM

Im not using my dog as a tool to get people to kiss my feet. If you dont like me dont bother to sneak peak my posts since you have me on ignore. You mean nothing to me honestly. Hes my dog and if I want to put him down I will. Has nothing to do with you.

I am not the only one who thought middles post was rude either.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:36 PM

I don't care what Middle posts to you. If you post it on the internet then anyone is allowed to read it. You are absolutely right, I do have you on ignore because I don't want you sending me PM's and I ignore most of your posts.

My issue is every time someone doesn't like what you are doing then you threaten to do something to your dog. You are absolutely right...he's your dog and if you want to kill your dog for no good reason then legally you can do so and it has nothing to do with me. IMO, that makes you a pretty sick individual who cares nothing for your dog. If someone won't give you obedience advice, threaten to kill your dog. Someone won't give you medical advice because they don't know the answer, threaten to kill your dog. You need mental help and I'm 100% with Middle on this...people need to stop enabling you.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:44 PM

No..YOU need help. I brought my dog to the vet. If I wanted to kill him I would of not of bothered to bring him in.

The fact this forum allows posts like yours and middles on here shows what kind of forum this is. I now see why I stopped coming here in the first place. You and middle both need to grow up.

Middle can shove his opinion where it belongs. I dont care if he thinks my dog should be on $100 meds, I will put him on the other medication I can afford and I think thats way better then not treating it at all.

You guys have to much time on your hands.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:48 PM

If you don't want to kill him then WHY do you keep threatening to do so? You find that to be a mature and stable response to anything?

Once again, I don't care what Middle posts. That is between you and her so I am not going to continue a conversation regarding that as I know she is perfectly capable of speaking for herself.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 05:52 PM

When did I threaten to kill him in this post? I said if the vet wouldnt give me the cheaper option it may have to go untreated until I am more financially stable. Yes I have said I would put him down before but people say things in anger that they dont really mean.

I brought him to the vet, I got him medication and I will treat it. What more do you want. No one is happy when he doesnt see a vet and when he does. Had I of wanted to kill him I never would of brought him to the vet in the first place
Posted by: Schnickle Fritz

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 07:05 PM

well...maybe not THIS post...

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 07:15 PM

The whole point is he was brought to the vet and is being treated. But thats never good enough

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 08:01 PM

I know someone on the other forum (could be on this one to) that put her older Shepherd down because she couldnt or didnt want to remember to give her the pills that could fix the incontinence problem. You want someone to call cruel and and inhumane...go to that person

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 08:55 PM

hmmm...I couldn't find that post but would be interested in seeing it. My point is NOT what others do or the fact that you took him to the vet. btw...while there did you ask about his blue gums?

My point is that every time someone says something you don't like, you pull out the euth. card or scream "Maybe I will just not bother to treat it.". Both are guilt trips designed to make someone else feel bad as if they were the cause of your dog not getting medical care or being killed. Knock it off.

Nobody on this board is responsible for your dog, or his medical care. People can answer questions with only the knowledge they have. To do any more would be negligent on their part. They should not have to feel as if they are held hostage because you scream these things if you don't get your way. You would get a much better reception, and much more help, if people didn't feel they were held liable for a bad decision on your part regardless of the reason for your decision.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 09:00 PM

No I never mentioned the pale gums. But I will mention them when I go back for his recheck. He hasnt had a pale episode in about a month. It stopped after I discontinued the one set of eye drops.

I am still planning to get blood work done on him soon tho. I did mention his hips/knees to her while I was there (tho I almost forgot) and she thinks he has mild hip issues and didnt feel any luxation in his knees but I still plan to get him x rayed

The person with the dog she killed because she couldnt remember her pills, was on another forum. I just happened to notice this user was also a member on the other forum (not sure about this one). I can try to find that "goodbye" post on the other forum for you

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 10:17 PM

My first response is basically calling M16 on the BS in her original post on this thread. Previously whined and whined and whined about not spending money to take him to the vet about his eyes - drug this one out for an eternity & now acts as though the vet is at fault for not dropping everything to call her back & suddenly insists that her dog will not be without meds....although she of course will not start with what is recommended.

That is inconsistent at best. I'm tired of tolerating M16s crappy behavior which includes inconsistent posts and demands for attention.

BTW my sex is irrelevant to what I post.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: middleofnowhere
My first response is basically calling M16 on the BS in her original post on this thread. Previously whined and whined and whined about not spending money to take him to the vet about his eyes - drug this one out for an eternity & now acts as though the vet is at fault for not dropping everything to call her back & suddenly insists that her dog will not be without meds....although she of course will not start with what is recommended.

That is inconsistent at best. I'm tired of tolerating M16s crappy behavior which includes inconsistent posts and demands for attention.

BTW my sex is irrelevant to what I post.

If your so every tired of it rather then whine about it why not just ignore me. I dont really care what you think. I said he couldnt see a vet until it was getting worse. It got worse and he went to the vet. The ONLY reason the vet wanted to start him on Optimmune is because it would make the most money for them. When i said I wanted to order online they suddenly brought other options on the table like the pred drops. I would think trying something cheaper is better then not treating it at all. If there are meds that are cheap he will get them. If the vet wouldnt let me, then he would go without.

Its pretty simple Middle, perhaps you should grasp onto it. The fact that this insulting and bashing is permitted on this forum when its clearly in the rules is sickening. I dont even know why I bother replying to peoples inmaturity. All your doing is stirring up crap.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 11:20 PM

Actually, your vet recommended Optimune because that's the standard of care. And ointment is better for long term management.

No one answered some of your questions for a variety of reasons. One being that they have been asked and answered a multitude of times, on both forums in your threads. There are also many other threads on these topics where you can find the answers.

Many of us saw the same inconsistencies as Middle, it's just that she is more likely to say something about that. So, I can't see fault with that.

This forum, and the people on it, are not a substitute for havine a working relationship with your vet.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/07/11 11:40 PM

If you recommend Optimmune Lisa why did you tell me in the one thread that all he should need is Pred drops? I am sure I could dig that thread and post up if need be

At this time I cannot afford Optimmune unless I can find it for around $20-$30 a bottle/tube that ships to Canada. I would of thought that using pred drops would be better then not treating it. If thats not true do tell me that

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 12:08 AM

I gave you a cheaper option to try. Doesn't mean it will work. Again, you need to have a working relationship with your vet, read and learn from the other threads on this same topic.

Look around Mal16, this forum isn't all about you. Dogs have passed on, dogs are gravely ill, dogs are in the ER. People just don't want to play 20 questions on a topic that has been hashed over and should be done with, at least until you follow your vet's instructions and see what happens.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 12:37 AM

Thats the problem Lisa, I cannot afford to pay $52 twice a month for a bottle of Optimmune. Thats my vets instruction. If the pred doesnt work then I have no idea what I will do. But you told me the pred should work just fine in another thread I believe on the other forum. My vet said there was other options but Optimmune she thought was the best (prolly because it would profit her more) so unless someone has sources for cheaper Optimmune...

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: MaxaLisa
...Look around Mal16, this forum isn't all about you. Dogs have passed on, dogs are gravely ill, dogs are in the ER. People just don't want to play 20 questions on a topic that has been hashed over and should be done with, at least until you follow your vet's instructions and see what happens.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 12:42 AM

Thats the problem Lisa, I cannot afford to pay $52 twice a month for a bottle of Optimmune. Thats my vets instruction. If the pred doesnt work then I have no idea what I will do. But you told me the pred should work just fine in another thread I believe on the other forum. My vet said there was other options but Optimmune she thought was the best (prolly because it would profit her more) so unless someone has sources for cheaper Optimmune...

Fine, it's a problem, deal with it. If people don't want to respond to your umteenth post on the issue, then so be it.

As for me giving you advice, it sounds like that is just going to be used against me, so I will deal with that.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 01:16 AM

How am I using it against you? One minute you say hes got an inflammatory condition of his sclera, then pannus. First you tell me Pred drops are fine for him then now your saying Optimmune is better.

You claim a fresh start on the other forum, and arent even following it
Posted by: Draugr

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 01:19 AM

Quote:
As for me giving you advice, it sounds like that is just going to be used against me, so I will deal with that.

Right, because you've never done that before, have you?

Good lord.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 01:40 AM

eyeroll

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 01:45 AM

smashcomputer Picture me running across this thread with a referee whistle and throwing out a bunch of penalty flags. How about everyone step back and think about why our buttons are getting pushed?

Draugr, I have no idea who you are and why you're picking on Lisa T. but I know who everyone else is who's posting in this thread.

Malinois16:

Some suggestions:

1) Take a look another very popular thread on this forum and you will see that Lisa T's dog Max is very sick
2) Take a look at the threads in the health section and you will see a few of us (most prominently Lisa T) try very hard to help people out with tough canine and feline medical questions
3) Then notice how respectful and supportive people are to one another in those threads

You clearly care about your dog. But all of this negativity towards your vets and their supposed ulterior motives, towards the members of this forum and towards other people who you suspect are committing some kind of fraud or have something against you breeds more negativity. Sure, it gets you attention but It does not get you help for your dog. If you truly want help for your dog then take a deep breath, be patient (most of us have jobs, other posts to respond to, etc.), appreciate the time people spend responding to your questions, read through previous posts for answers (including other people's posts on pannus) and please stop using emotional blackmail about your dog's future and your intentions.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 01:51 AM

I am stressed out and upset because anyone that sells the cyclosporine cheap cannot ship to Canada. I can order a bottle for $25 but they dont ship to Canada. I dont know anyone in the US who will accept my order then ship it over the border to me.

Its RIGHT there and I cannot get it. I really want to do the cyclosporine but at $52 a bottle and $39 is the cheapest online and I need 2 a month I cannot afford it and its making me feel like a horrible owner. So I dont have much of a choice then to try the pred drops now everyone is saying they wont work.

So I am no purposely being snippy. I havent seen Lisas thread, I dont really come to this forum anymore.
Posted by: laevsk

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 08:48 AM

If you sold your computer, you might be able to afford the medication.

Just sayin'...

I am on disability myself, have an extremely limited income, but would sell everything I have to treat my dogs if they needed it. I also have family and friends who know that I am trustworthy and would pay back a loan, so I have those options too. As someone with such a small income myself, it bothers me when people say "I can't afford to treat my dog" when there's usually a way to make it work. Stop for a bit, get offline and consider your options and you may find a way to afford the good meds. There's always Top Ramen.

I doubt that the vet recommended Optimune just because they make more money off of it. I was a vet tech for years and saw what went on behind the scenes, and have had a close relationship with numerous vets. Most of them are NOT driven by money first. They want people's animals to get healthy and that often takes expensive medications (especially considering the size of our GSDs). If the medication is recommended by a vet because it's the med that is most likely to do the most good, and you choose a less effective medication because it's cheaper, you might find that in the long run you end up being out even MORE money. The treatment may not work (leading to more vet visits and meds), or if it does work it may take much longer (leading to higher costs in medication over the long run).

Sacrifice is difficult, but when it comes to the health of our dogs it's not worth skimping. I do crafts (usually beadwork) nearly everyday so that I have items to sell if I need to bring in a bit more money for my dogs. And I do have a cupboard full of boxes of mac and cheese, packages of top ramen and containers of peanut butter. I can live on those if needed so that my dogs get what they need. After all, when I brought them into my life I agreed to be responsible for them, and that's not a part-time job.

Just my always-honest opinions.

Melanie and the girls in Alaska
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 12:15 PM

Mal 16, I don't know what the answers are to your problems. But I will tell you this.... No one on this forum is going to send you money for your dogs meds. I think you vet prescribed what they did because it is the best choice of treatment. There are some studies being done that eye ointment is more effect than drops because it stays int he eye longer.

If you can't afford the treatment you vet prescribed then talk with your vet and see if there is another option.

Find a way to make that extra $50 - $100 a month, at $100 that is like $3.33 a day. Go around and pick up aluminum cans I would guess they they are around 50 - 70 cents a pound. There are other scrap recyclable things like copper wire that are bringing much more. Ask you Vet in exchange for meds if you could pick up their outside yard, wash windows, clean kennels. Make up a flier, stop at house, I am trying to raise funds for my dogs medication, is there some chore I could do for you.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 12:42 PM

Caring for our dogs sensibly really takes good communication with our vets, and planning our own budget in case of situations where we'll need to afford meds. Not easy to keep cutting back. Even beyond cutting back, there are options out there, for someone willing and able to push paperwork, follow up with phonecalls, etc to pharmaceutical sources.

On tiny, limited monthly check for the blind. I could afford the Optimune, but, only because:

I have no cable TV.
I have no television set at all.
I have no telephone services such as Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.
I have no cell phone.

Okay, so I'm living in the dark ages-- but if Grimm needs meds, I'll be able to afford them each month.

There's an eye med that I myself need, not covered by my insurance. I rang the pharmaceutical company, and did all the crazy paperwork, got it signed by my doc, sent in my SSI proofs, etc etc-- am now enrolled in a program for low income to obtain needed meds from that company. Might a veterinary phemaceutical company also have such programs in place? Lotsa times they are also people-pharmaceutical companies too, so the answer may be "yes." It requires jumping through their hoops with paperwork, vet's signatures, etc. Worth it for my dog.

Stuff to consider. Or not.

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 02:40 PM

Thanks Braverhund I will look into that and contact the company that makes the medication.

I am not selling my computer. Its not even worth anything. I have posted online I am able to walk dogs and clean houses so that may generate some income. The only issue I have come around is people who want dogs walked also want you to have insurance incase their dog runs away or causes an accident...but I will keep trying.

I have ordered more Optimmune for now until I can figure something out. The vet told me a tube will last 2 weeks but I have been reading a tube lasts 4-6 weeks. Has anyone used Optimmune here and can tell me how long their tubes last?

I dont have Internet, Cable and I do have a cell phone but I cant cancel that because I have 1.5 more years on my contract. I use my grandmothers internet/cable. The TV is hers also. I have nothing but my computer and sterio system. The sterio I am looking to sell.

I am not asking people to send me money from here. Where did I ever ask or PM anyone for money? I didnt...so not sure where that came from

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 03:03 PM

I thought you said your neighbor (a HE) let you hook into his internet? Pretty sure that's in a previous post since I questioned the legality of it.

If you can walk dogs, then why can't you work for someone who has a dog walking business so that YOU don't need to buy insurance but would be covered under the business?

Re: Brought Lincoln to have his eyes looked at - 08/08/11 03:16 PM

Yes my granny and I use the neighbours internet and satellite. They kinda split the bill and I give some money when I have it. Its legal, we asked.

I dont have transportation other then a bike ride in the city. Companies here that hire dog walkers want you to be bondable and have a valid license. I am not bondable thanks to a legality screw up and I dont have access to a car on a regular basis. But I am sure I can find people who want their dogs walked. I offered to go cut lawns, clean pools and all that lovely yard work.