What is this?? (hot spot!)

Posted by: frillint

What is this?? (hot spot!) - 08/11/11 04:00 PM

I am at a loss. I was about to buy flea stuff and I just do not think its fleas. He is biting a lot at a spot right by his tail. The skin is all red right there and in certain spots seems to be sticking together and drying. Also its all pus like clear. Is this indeed fleas can they do this? He had a bath with flea shampoo on Tuesday. I just don't see any fleas or flea dirt the rest of his skin look like nice clean skin. He was scratching a lot on his ear, so one of his ears is red. Should I go and get the flea stuff and treat him anyway to see if it works. We really don't have the money yet to go to the vet since we don't even have a vet yet.
Posted by: LifeAsMe

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 04:04 PM

That sounds like a hot spot. Do you have a picture?
Posted by: Recon

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 04:53 PM

Sounds like a hot spot for sure.

Recon had a hot spot and I posted a photo of it: http://germanshepherdhome.net/forum/ubbt...html#Post125530

Hope he gets better soon!

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 07:40 PM

I will take a picture tonight. It kind of looks like recon but not as red and spot like. The hair is not coming out or anything.

Recon: since yours had hot spots how did they treat it and do you know how they get it. I mean smokey is an inside dog only goes out to potty and is not in contact with other animals. Did I do something wrong?
Posted by: Quinnsmom

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: frillint
He is biting a lot at a spot right by his tail. The skin is all red right there and in certain spots seems to be sticking together and drying. Also its all pus like clear.

This is exactly what happens with Quinn when he has a hot spot. The last hot spot he got was the day after I bathed him and didn't brush him out before. The matted undercoat right above his tail stayed wet overnight and he had a hot spot by the next morning. There are lots of threads about treating hot spots. In short, you need to clip the hair away and treat it with an antiseptic drying agent. I have heard of Gold Bond Powder or Vetericyn being used by the U.S. folks. In Canada I use Johnson & Johnson Antiseptic Skin Wash to kill the bacteria and soothe the itch.
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 10:11 PM

Again, this could be flea allergy dermatitis. If a dog is allergic then all it takes is ONE flea bite to cause a problem. So it could be a hot spot CAUSED by one flea bite. That particular spot is usually where it shows up.
Posted by: bianca

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 10:16 PM

Molly had a hot spot just above her tail, I posted here as I had never seen one before

she had chewed all the fur and this came up in a couple of hours

After the vet clipped it back

It was sprayed with peroxide and he gave me cream to put on it, she had to wear a cone so she would leave it alone. The vet did think it was caused by a single flea bite as Ruth said. We did not ever find any fleas on her.
Posted by: Recon

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 10:47 PM

We have no idea how Recon got his. He wasn't scratching at it or anything, it almost appeared over night. His treatment was antibiotics and steriods. I never gave him the steriods and just did the abx treatment.

However, I have heard that the powder and clipping hair back works too. We just didn't have a clue what it was until we went to the vet.
Posted by: LifeAsMe

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 10:56 PM

My friend's lab gets them from swimming. He just doesn't get dried out to the skin and it gets irritated.

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 10:57 PM

I think I will have the money and not get flea meds, beacause I am almost positive from seeing those pictures that he has hot spot. I will call around and try and find a vet and get him to the vet next week. I also noticed it is on both sides of his tail. The other side is a little red and has a small brown spot. From looking at your guys pictures he will probably have to have his whole butt shaved if it ends up being that big. I took a bunch of pictures of it here it is.

I didn't know they could get it from being wet. He is 15 yrs old and I have beeing giving him a bath every month and I don't normally dry him. He has never got it before. This is so weird. I feel so bad that I probably did this to him.

Posted by: Quinnsmom

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 11:33 PM

Don't wait until next week to see a vet. These things can grow quickly, especially if he starts licking. Clip the hair around the hot spot close with sharp scissors and start treating. It could have been caused by a flea bite or by damp fur but the treatment is the same and needs to be started soon. And don't be hard on yourself wink , he'll be better soon!

Re: What is this?? - 08/11/11 11:53 PM

Treat it with what? I also don't have any sharp scissors they are pretty dull. I could get him to the vet next week after noon on Monday I am off Tuesday and Wednesday. It also seems like he has some bumps on his skin, so I wouldn't want to cut his skin. He is also itching other places beside there, so I think I would need antibiotis or maybe it is fleas that gave it to him and he does have fleas. I dont know.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 12:48 AM

Buy a pair of decent scissors--they don't cost much. After you clip it I would get a washcloth and do a hot compress on the area as it looks like it has quite a bit of puss. Then you should apply something that will dry the area out. I guess hydrogen peroxide would be ok. I use Rejuva Spray and calendula cream but you might have a hard time finding those things.

I think that Gold Bond powder (?) is supposed to work well.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 04:52 AM

I agree, please try and clip/treat if you can't get into the vet. It will more than likely get much worse the longer you leave it. I know Molly's was so painful for her she was beside herself with misery and her's got to look like that in a few hours.....

Good luck.
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 07:23 AM

I have a golden and they are known for hot spots. Buddy gets one at least once a year and we haven't figured out why. Don't blame yourself, jut get treatment quickly.

They not only grow fast, they get infected easily and staph is a problem.

If you can't get to the vet today, please do what others advised to help for now.

Buddy has had some that go quickly, and some that got huge overnight and took days to treat. The longer you wait, the worse it will get and it needs antibiotics as well.
Posted by: Liesje

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 09:40 AM

You want to get that shaved and dried ASAP. If it's at/near the tail and continues to spread, you do NOT want to end up with anal/anal gland issues on top of it. The spot should be shaved, cleaned, and then dried. Often vets give antibiotics and steroids. I usually avoid both but when Coke had a huge spot by his butt I gave him the drugs, didn't want the spot to have any chance of spreading to his anal area.

If you absolutely can't get to a vet, maybe try a groomer? You need to get the hair away from that area so it can be kept clean and dry. Also make sure the dog can't lick/scratch it. If you can't find a vet or groomer, then cut as much hair off as possible, wash the spot with water and mild soap, pat it dry, and keep the dog from touching it. Personally I wouldn't and don't use hydrogen peroxide on any open wound (dog or human) as it eats away at heeling skin and is overkill for disinfecting. I just use a warm compress and then gently wash the area with warm water and a tiny bit if antibacterial dish soap.

This was Coke's last hotspot, the one that I did treat with the medications, first when I trimmed and cleaned the area and then after the vet shaved it.

Posted by: Natalie559

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 11:01 AM

I personally think seeing a vet for one hot spot is a bit much. When Penny gets a spot, she has flea allergy, I use a flea comb to get the chewed bits of fur off from around the spot and the comb helps me to part her fur so I can get a good view of the spot. Then I use cotton balls and hydrogen peroxide to clean the gunk off, only once though b/c as Liesje mentioned it can damage the healing skin. Then I sprinkle a good amount of gold bond medicated powder on the area and pat it in/on. Repeat the gold bond powder as necessary and as long as the dog doesn't rechew the area it will be healed within a few days.

There have been a few spots that I had a really hard time getting Penny to leave alone and for those times the vet gave me a topical steroid liquid that would help with the itch. I rarely use this though.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 11:17 AM

Raya had a hot spot on her cheek. I did go to the Vet because I had never seen one on the face before. New twist, the Vet gave me some Tramadol. My Vet feels that a lot of the chewing on the spot after it blows up is nerve pain because there are a lot of nerve ending just below the skin.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 12:10 PM

Its almost in thee same spot at yours liesje but on both sides. He is still itchy all over. I think I will try cuutting the fur away and just washing is away seeing what I can do here, but I think ill still take him to the vet to see if their are more spots or so they can give me some meds. He is not really chewing the fur away though.
Posted by: Liesje

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 01:20 PM

Vet/no vet, depends on the dog and the spot. We took Coke in for that last one because it doubled in size very quickly and showed no signs of slowing down and was moving down the base of the tail towards the anus. I have a friend whose dog had anal infection issues and was not about to deal with that! I don't have a clippers that I can trim him with, so even if we just go in to get the area trimmed that is worth it to me (we got a clippers from a friend and it does not cut through Coke's coat!). It cost about the same for me to see my vet than go to a groomer for help with the trim. Also that last one was nasty. The area was very inflamed, it was weeping constantly, smelled bad. Coke is a huge baby when it comes to any amount of pain and my DH is kind of a baby as far as helping me out, so it's easier for me to take him to the vet where they can help me trim and clean the area. I can't do it alone b/c the dog fights (not biting but struggling and crying). I'm not scared of him but he's huge, bigger than my GSDs, so I can't hold and trim at the same time. His other spots I did not medicate, just got them trimmed and then kept them dry and clean on my own. I've never tried the Gold Bond since each time as soon as he gets properly trimmed the spot seems to stop spreading and dry up, but I've heard it recommended many times.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 02:03 PM

Is it possible that he is having a reaching to the flea shampoo? With the other spots you are saying it might be a reaction to the shampoo.

I would do a good wet and rise down with clear water. Dry, trim the hair where the sore(s) are weeping/draining.

Lakota is the the king of hot spots in this house. I just try to keep him from chewing on them, trim the hair. Next time I an going to try the Vetericyn, I have some in the house now.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 02:58 PM

I don't think its the shampoo, because he had the spots before I starrted using it. He never itcched until I came home from a friends who's cats had fleas really bad. That's when he started shaking his leg out of no where. I am trying to find the scissors to trim it with.
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 04:20 PM

Any type of scissors will do, as long as they are sharp enough.

Max gets an annual hotspot in the same spot every year. No explanation. I clean it with peroxide and use aloe vera. With him, he also needs a chiropractic adjustment...seems to be related to increased activity and that bad back of his. Scullcap is a great herb if it's all twitchy.

It really sounds flea related looking at the history of everything. Definitely need to get the fleas taken care of, get the hotspot cleaned up, and make sure it doesn't get infected.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 05:23 PM

I will do my best to clean it up. He will be going to the vet on Monday at 2pm.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 05:25 PM

Quote:
I personally think seeing a vet for one hot spot is a bit much.

I don't go to the vet with every hot spot, either since I now know what they are and can usually stop them before they get bad.

Sometimes you can't do that - they grow too fast and get infected too easily.

The way frillant described the spots, and looking at the pictures, it does look like there is some infection.

That is why I am saying go to the vet for this one.

If Buddy gets another one as bad as the last (it was on the stump of his amputated leg, poor boy) I will have them use cold laser therapy on it. That is supposed to be a great treatment for hot spots.

Frillant - I see you are taking Smoky to the vet Moday. It may start to clear up and get dry after you remove the hair and keep it clean and treated. You can always cancel if it does.

Good luck and thanks for finding it and asking so quickly. I remember being terrified the first time I saw one. I had never had a dog with a hot spot before. Now I don't worry so much about them.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: PositiveDog
I don't go to the vet with every hot spot, either since I now know what they are and can usually stop them before they get bad.

Sometimes you can't do that - they grow too fast and get infected too easily.

The way frillant described the spots, and looking at the pictures, it does look like there is some infection.

That is why I am saying go to the vet for this one.

Ditto this.

Quote:
If Buddy gets another one as bad as the last (it was on the stump of his amputated leg, poor boy) I will have them use cold laser therapy on it. That is supposed to be a great treatment for hot spots.

I think it is too. Max is kinda "different"...the chiro was experimenting with the laser around his bad SI joint, and it actually caused a hotspot! I think Max just has a really goofy nervous system, and he gets a type of neuropathy that causes these things in him. The chiropractor and the red light acupuncture unit I have here are great for his hotspots, so I would think that for a normal dog, the cold laser would work really well.

Re: What is this?? - 08/12/11 06:00 PM

I will let you know how it goes. Now that I know what hot spot is for now on ill do it myself. I do agree it does look infected. Looks like the total will be around 110. The office visit is $50 right there. He is itching everywhere though, so we will see what they say. I needed a vet anyway, because he will need his heartgaurd soon. Smokey has never had anything like this. He has went a couple times because he had kennel cough a couple times and phnemonia once and was coughing up blood and he has been a bunch for different medications for his arthrits in his left elbow, but nothing like this. He has never had fleas or mites or anything. This is so weird.

Re: What is this?? - 08/14/11 01:05 PM

I'm glad I have an apt and have helped a little my self. It is spreading up his back and closer to his butt. I have no way from stopping him from licking and biteing it.

Re: What is this?? - 08/14/11 04:05 PM

If he is lying down, you can throw a towel over his but to help deter him, but it's very uncomfortable for them. This is what I use the herb scullcap for, it relaxes that nerve stuff some.

If you have benadryl in the house, *it might* help, just to calm him a bit, until you get to the vet. It won't help with the cause of any of this, but just might help him feel a little bit better.

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 02:43 PM

I am very excited to get to the vet. To find out if indeed its hot spot and to make my poor baby feel better. He is my world.

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 03:12 PM

Hope it goes well, don't know where you are, but Monday 2pm is soon, even here on the West Coast!

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 04:47 PM

Okay, here is the news. The vet said she is almost positive that he just has a flea allergy like some here had already suggested. She gave me two months worth of comfortis and also reccomended that once my heartgard runs out I have to give him 1 on the 22 and I think I have 2 more left she suggests that I start him on Trifexis which kills fleas/prevents infestations, prevents heartworms, and treats and controls intestinal parasite infections like hookworm, roundworm and whippworm. So it is a heartworm and a flea preventative since he has no issues with ticks or anything.

Is anyone here on trifexis?

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 04:50 PM

Is anyone here on trifexis?

Kayos uses it, I think. I'm not sure if she is around right now, you might have to search the site for "trifexis". My recollection was that she was happy with it, but she had to add stuff for ticks.

What did she do for the hotspot?

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 04:59 PM

She believes that he is just allergic to fleas and does not have hot spots.

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 05:17 PM

What kind of care recommendation did she give for it?

eta: what kind of care for the skin?

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 06:12 PM

Nothing. Just said I should notice a difference in a couple of weeks. Said the redness should start going away and he should stop biting and itching. I read some reviews and I admit I'm a little nervous now. Some said it made their dog blind after 3 days couple said it killed their dog and others mentioned that's its makes them lethargic.

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 06:24 PM

It's so new...I wouldn't use it. OF course I don't use any of that stuff (except heartworm) but something that is that new and has such a big marketing campaign behind it makes me very nervous. my vet sent a coupon in the mail for it. thumbdown

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 06:35 PM

The only thing that worries me about trifexis is there are a lot of reviews about vomiting after taking it.
Posted by: Barb E

Re: What is this?? - 08/15/11 07:16 PM

Dante has a flea allergy - hot spots were so bad.

I used 50/50 Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and water on it to help dry it out - if your dog is especially sensitive you could take that to 25/75 (25 ACV)

I use a Neem spray and Bug Off Garlic - he's not had a hot spot in years

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 12:18 AM

I do think that you need to do more for the skin than just leave it, just for his comfort alone, and to keep it from getting infected. Lots of ways to do that, like Barb's routine. Me, I use peroxide, aloe vera gel, and the herb scullcap for the twitchies.

we really should have everyone post their remdies here and add it to the Health Index!

The Trifexis...to be honest, I don't like combination products, or new products, BUT, I'm very fortunate, I've not had to deal with fleas.

If I had a dog that tolerated garlic, I would try the Bug Off. I use the products from Mad About Organics, with a bit of extra catnip oil for mosquitos and ticks, and use low dose heartworm meds year round. My sister had a dog bring fleas into her house and dog, I'll have to see how the product worked on fleas.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 12:34 AM

Smokey has never had fleas whole 15 years. We have moved and maybe the place here just has more fleas. Getting something new makes me a little iffy to. Its like $96 for a year. Its way more to have a heartgaurd and something topical. I don't know what ill do. I still have two heartgaurds left so I can think about it.

Why don't you like combo things?

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 12:55 AM

I use the Bug Off but honestly I think it works better for ticks than for fleas. The NEEM protect shampoo really works great for fleas and the spray is also great (both are made by Azmira). For hotspots I use calendula...of course. smile

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 02:11 AM

Why don't you like combo things?

I just don't trust them. I think they either tend to be ineffective in one area, or have a higher risk of adverse reactions overall. And if there is a reaction, you just don't know which part is reacting.

If you think the flea thing is new and temporary, I for sure wouldn't switch. I would treat the environment, and use topicals, or things similar to what Ruth is mentioning, until they get under control.

When I was in school, I took care of someone's cat, and it brought a lot of fleas into the apartment. It was so frustrating. I didn't have a pet at the time, except for the resident cat that hung out wherever he wanted, and he didn't have fleas. I remember how difficult it was!

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 03:14 AM

I do kind of like the idea of having a flea preventative/killer that way we won't have to worry about it. Since if he did get them from me bringing them from a friends they have lots of animals and don't treat, so we may end up bringing them back. I also like having the chewable tablet, because he gets a bath every month and with topical I wouldn't be able to give him a bath without washing it away, so if I stay with the heartgaurd what flea preventative/killer would you suggest. I have mixed feelings about frontline plus to many people say it works then others say it don't.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 03:25 AM

I..... so if I stay with the heartgaurd what flea preventative/killer would you suggest....

You know, I don't have to deal with fleas, so I don't know. I might look at Advantage (Advantix if ticks are a concern), if I went the topical route.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 05:07 AM

For what it is worth, I use Advantix and have never found a flea here. Although Molly did have the really bad hotspot that I posted about here and the vet thought it was a flea allergy that caused it. I've also never found a tick on her(touch wood).
Posted by: Natalie559

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 10:21 AM

Penny has flea allergy and frontline and advantix did not work on her, she itched until I starting using comfortis- so if I were you I would use the comfortis and something different for heartworms. Regardless of that the hot spot needs attention. Many have described effective ways for you to do this yourself at home.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 11:06 AM

Natalie: As I said above. You may have missed it, but my vet thinks that smokey does not have hot spot. She thinks all the red and scabs on his butt area are from him biteing so much she believes that its a flea allergy and not hot spot.

She gave me comfortis for two months to hopefully clear up the stuff on his back. Maybe I will stick with heartgaurd and get comfortis for the fleas. Some said their dog was lethargic, didn't eat, and had the tremors, but he seems just like he always is.
Posted by: Diane

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 02:08 PM

Hi frillint,

While your vet is no doubt correct (since he/she actually examined your dog in person) that your dog currently has a flea related skin irritation going on, be aware that many hot spots begin in precisely that way! What is a relatively mild irritation today could readily progress to something far worse, including a hot spot, simply by having your dog lick or scratch at the area. So your vet and Natalie are both right...he has something that is the early stage of a hot spot that will likely progress unless you're vigilant (as you've been so far) in keeping it from doing so.

You need to:
1) prevent further irritation/injury to the area, especially caused by licking/scratching
2) Address the possible flea problem
3) Keep a very close eye on the irritated skin area and if you see ANY sign of it spreading or getting worse in any way, contact your vet to let him/her know immediately.
4) Keep the affected area clean and dry

That's the bare minimum required to help Smokey and it may not be enough. His ability to fight off infection on his own at age 15 (?) may be lower than it would be in a young dog, so he may need some additional help.

People have offered all kinds of suggestions with respect to how you can alleviate his symptoms and I'm sure you'll find a way to use some of them and make him feel better. He didn't get to be this age without your TLC all these years, so I'm confident you'll find a way to help him now as well.

So, flea allergy dermatitis or early hot spot in the making, either way...keep an eye on it and continue to ask questions as needed. The kind people here are always willing to help if they can and truly care about you and your dog.

Best regards,
Diane

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 02:57 PM

Thank you very much everyone here for all your help. I gave him his comfortis yesterday and maybe its just me, but he has not been itching that much today when ever I do see him itch I stop him. I will definatly keep an eye on him and hope its gets better not worse. I cleaned the house yesterday and I vaccume a lot. The vet combed him with a flea comb and didn't find any fleas, but still thinks that its is from fleas. I am making sure it's nice and dry.

How can I stop him from licking and biteing it? I can't watch him 24/7. I do think he will get better.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 05:08 PM

How can I stop him from licking and biteing it? I can't watch him 24/7. I do think he will get better.

I use the herb scullcap. The other way is using a cone.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 05:11 PM

I kind of thought the vet would give me a cone, becuase I dont have one.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 05:22 PM

I don't know if you have a PetSmart of PetCo or the like near you, but you can get them there....or call your vet???

My vet had the solid white plastic ones, so I bought my own, so that the dogs had some type of peripheral vision.

Re: What is this?? - 08/16/11 06:00 PM

I never new petsmart had them. I think this medicine will work he is not itching so much, but I think ill get a cone. Thanks.
Posted by: Smithie86

Re: What is this?? - 08/22/11 11:58 PM

Have they checked to ensure no infection? Sometime staph can mimic this - even good vets can miss a true staph infection and will not treat it correctly.

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 02:08 AM

She didn't mention anything about infection. I wasn't so fond of this vet they were nice but I just don't think ill go back. I have a few vets I recently got reccomended to, so next time ill check somewhere else. They were not rude just somthing didn't spark my intrest.

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 02:12 AM

How is Smokey doing?

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 02:46 AM

He iis doing good. His itching has been cut in half the redness is going away its just a light pink now the scabs are healing great and I have not seen him bite at all really. It seems to be working well for him!

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 11:50 AM

Very happy to hear this!

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 12:33 PM

Thank you! It is good to know he is finally feeling better it makes me so happy! Do you think it would be good to give him a bath. He has a lot of scab flakes everywhere. I tried getting it off with a wet rag. Giving a bath would kind of clean his skin off.

As for preventing hot spots would you suggest blow drying him?

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 12:50 PM

Did you put any topical on him that would be washed off with a bath?

Yes, I would definitely try to blow dry him, and brush him out real good that night again, and the next day.

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 02:14 PM

No I have not put any topical on him. Just wipeing the area with a rag. I thought giving him a bath today or tomorrow may help him clean the area and such. Kill anything that's on him if there is anything. I think ill keep him on comfortis and get more heartgaurd. I have one more left.

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 10:27 PM

I think a bath might make him feel better, as long as you can get him dry enough that it doesn't create any problems.

Re: What is this?? - 08/23/11 10:34 PM

I will do it tomorrow and dry him with the blow dryer. It takes forever to dry him, but that's okay.

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 12:45 PM

He got his bath last night and a nice blow dry and brushing. Now he looks so pretty and the spots are easier to see and have air. They are almost 100% all better. His fur in that area is starting to turn back to the normal color. I am so happy he is feeling just like he did. He hardly ever itches and never bites. I will be getting comfortis and heartgaurd as monthky treatment. Yay!!!

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 12:46 PM

He got his bath last night and a nice blow dry and brushing. Now he looks so pretty and the spots are easier to see and have air. They are almost 100% all better. His fur in that area is starting to turn back to the normal color. I am so happy he is feeling just like he did. He hardly ever itches and never bites. I will be getting comfortis and heartgaurd as monthly treatment. I am so happy he is better! Yay!!!

Thanks everyone for all your help! I love my boy and he says thank you to!
Posted by: Diane

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 01:49 PM

Well done and great news! Thank you for the very happy update goodjob

Regards,
Diane

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 06:08 PM

Nice to hear such good news! Good work getting on top of this quickly. thumbup

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 08:32 PM

It's so nice when these things can get resolved in a straightforward way. I'm so glad that he's so better!

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 09:06 PM

I always notice the smallest things. I pay attention to him like a hawk. I know how he lays, where he usually scratches, where he pees and poops, how much he eats. He gets a bath once a month I always check his skin, ears everything. Nothing will go unnoticed for long.

Re: What is this?? - 08/26/11 09:35 PM

Nothing will go unnoticed for long.

thumbup