Nothing, I hope, too serious

Posted by: middleofnowhere

Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/24/18 09:59 PM

But two dogs with overly productive systems...

kinda the opposite of Val's and not quite Rosa's either

BTE2 is eating snow and not concentrating her urine. Best vet (well favorite vet) was not in so we had the "other guy" --- favorite is back monday so I'll talk with him then. And BTY2 has a UTI and is in heat. And it is bitchy out. Lovely combo...

Stinky house - floors will get cleaned when I see the end of this episode...
Posted by: Shilohsmom

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/25/18 11:36 AM

Please let us know how it goes when you speak with your regular Vet tomorrow.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/27/18 12:43 PM

Middle I hope it is nothing. If I remember correctly when my females were in season they drank more water or ate snow.

Hoping you find the answer.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/27/18 02:27 PM

Middle, I’m sending good thoughts for the UTI.

Grimm has the same situation as BTE2 when he eats snow: Frequent peeing in house of very clear urine. The Germans called this “a chilled bladder.” It is actually common for some dogs when the dog eats snow.
My solution: Watch to see if the dog eats snow when outdoor. If yes, let the dog out to pee on lead (to prevent further snow ingestion) *exactly* one hour after he/she ate the snow.
Do this again in another hour.
And again.
The “chilled bladder” peeing will resolve...... unless the dog eats snow again.

Best wishes for success!
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/27/18 06:43 PM

Any update from the favorite vet on Monday?

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/28/18 01:44 AM

Well, BTE's excessive urination has diminished - bet said if it didn't resolve with less snow, it would be a form of diabetes and that could be treated.

Now however, BTY2 is still bleeding (week 4) and now trying to hump BTE2... I don't want to go back to the vet, I don't want them both sick. ... eh phoey!
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 02/28/18 10:20 PM

I don't blame you for not wanting to go back to the vet. Not the best news but I hope BTE does not have diabetes even though it's treatable. What did the vet say about BTY2 still bleeding? Is that treatable?

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 03/01/18 10:50 AM

Both issues seem to be resolving. For general information, they have eye drops for some forms of diabetes - i didn't know this and it appears that I do not need to know this..... wink Favorite vet knows that I'm a bit paranoid right now.
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 03/20/18 05:24 PM

How are things?

Max had problems with excessive drinking and peeing. I didn't discover for years that he was sensitive to sulfur - eggs, garlic, MSM, etc. I could have saved myself a lot of grief had I discovered sooner that was what was making him pee.

I hope you have found some simple reason for what was/is going on.

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 03/20/18 11:54 PM

Thanks for asking. Things are pretty good. I really think it was related to eating snow. I've tried to limit that (and the weather's helped too) and everything seems fine.
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Nothing, I hope, too serious - 03/22/18 12:49 PM

Oh good, one less thing to worry about smile