Shepherd or Shepherd cross.?

Posted by: Islandgsds

Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/23/17 03:29 PM

I don't care either way just curious. I'm thinking had with a slight chance of husky in the background.
She just came up for adoption on a local site. There is one other person ahead of us. If they decide not to get her. She will be ours.

Darn having trouble loading picture

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/23/17 04:38 PM

Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/23/17 07:46 PM

I don't know if she's full shepherd or not but what a beautiful face. wub
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/23/17 10:45 PM

Looks pretty sheppy to me. Best of luck in bringing this lucky one home.
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/23/17 11:21 PM

She is very pretty. No thoughts on weather she is pure or not.

Fingers crossed she becomes a member of your family.
Posted by: Codmaster

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/24/17 03:08 AM

we also just adopted (2 months +) a GSD who turned out to be 1/2 Husky when we did the DNA test!

A VERY friendly dog - cat and squirrel with a bit of birds on ground obsessed but a real sweet dog. Loves people in general. Very good OB trainable (so far).

VERY different personality from last dog - Big, very self confident, pushy 'dominant" male GSD! Also very trainable but so different. Both are great dogs, just different and very individual.

Enjoy your girl - doesn't make any difference what she may be. She is very pretty, BTW!

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/24/17 11:26 AM

Thanks, I'm really hoping that she will be ours. She was spayed yesterday and the other people will be seeing her on Monday. If they decide against her she will be coming here. This will be a long weekend.
Posted by: Shilohsmom

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/24/17 12:01 PM

She's beautiful. I so hope you get her. The waiting must be awful but I'll keep up with the positive thoughts and hopes that she comes home with you.

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/24/17 07:00 PM

Thank you Rosa. I made a mistake of looking into her eyes and already I'm in love. I will be heartbroken if she us adopted be someone else.

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/24/17 07:29 PM

I so hope she gets to go home with you. I love her eyes too. Remind me of my sweet Shoshi. I'll keep those good thoughts and prayers going. Please keep us posted.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/25/17 11:45 AM

Sandra, she’s a beautiful girl! What a Darling! May the stars align so she becomes a happy member of your family soon.
Posted by: DarkEyes

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/25/17 03:29 PM

Seems pure GSD to me... Good luck!

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/25/17 05:59 PM

Just hoping for good news soon.
Posted by: BasiaBear

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/25/17 07:37 PM

Hard to tell laying down like that but I see corgi! No matter, she looks sweet crossedfingers
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/25/17 08:33 PM

Hoping for good news for you. She is a cutie.
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/26/17 06:59 PM

I can understand why you see some husky in her but regardless she's a winner! Fingers crossed she comes home with you. crossedfingers
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/26/17 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Shilohsmom
Just hoping for good news soon.

me too!

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/26/17 09:13 PM

Thank you so much for all the well wishes. She will have a meet and greet with the other people tomorrow. I just hope they back out.
This has been a long weekend. impatient

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/27/17 06:27 PM

Any news?

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/28/17 03:12 AM

The girl who runs the rescue had an emergency pick up so she wasn't able to show 'Lacey to the other people. They are rescheduling he meet and greet for either Tuesday or Sense at. This this killing me.

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/28/17 11:28 AM

When schedules that are out of your control change at someone else's initiative, that can be hard to adapt to. On the other hand, I sense that you are attaching before you have any interaction with this dog. Or at least I haven't read that you have interacted with her. If that's the case, I'd see if I could back it up a bit on the emotional attachment to the image of this dog. ie, keep it real. It can be hard for me to walk away once I do meet a dog (good match, not so fine, or something else). It seems like you've already built this in to the "picture" and that may cause you to be far from pragmatic when you "see" the "real thing."

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/29/17 07:50 AM

Originally Posted By: middleofnowhere
When schedules that are out of your control change at someone else's initiative, that can be hard to adapt to. On the other hand, I sense that you are attaching before you have any interaction with this dog. Or at least I haven't read that you have interacted with her. If that's the case, I'd see if I could back it up a bit on the emotional attachment to the image of this dog. ie, keep it real. It can be hard for me to walk away once I do meet a dog (good match, not so fine, or something else). It seems like you've already built this in to the "picture" and that may cause you to be far from pragmatic when you "see" the "real thing."

Unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head. I am trying to emotionally distance myself, I'm hoping to see her soon but it has been hard waiting. We've really felt the void of not having a female in the house. Maybe I'm putting too much on this because I want a female so much. I really miss Palla and Larka. teary

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/29/17 02:17 PM

The other family is adopting Lacey. My heart is broken.

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/29/17 05:35 PM

There is another dog out there that needs you. Look again. The dog is there.
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 11/29/17 07:28 PM

That is too bad. So sorry Sandra hugging's
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 12/01/17 08:50 PM

I'm so sorry and wish it would have worked out differently. hug

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 12/01/17 10:01 PM

Saw this yesterday and felt bad for you. I'm so sorry she didn't work out but I just know there's a girl out there for you.

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 12/01/17 10:11 PM

Just wondering, have you let the shelters and/or recues know that your looking for a female GSD? What shelters are close to you? I have some free. I could keep an eye on the dogs on the shelters website, or even check craigslist if I know the area.

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 12/03/17 06:33 PM

Thank you every one. The girl who is in charge knows and will keep us in mind and will look for one. Also I was speaking to the lady of the local dog rescue and she gave me the name of a few rescues to keep in mind.
I don't know if I mentioned this but if this is a repeat please forgive me.
Palla was my 'service' dog. More a therapy dog I guess. She knew things about me before I did and was always there for me. When she passed away, Larka took it upon her self to step in. I have multiple illnesses which has caused me to have deep depression. Palla and Larka always knew when I needed them.
The dog I just lost out on had a calm loving personality with a great mothering ability. I really thought she would be easy to adapt to my needs.
Yes, she is out there somewhere. She will never replace my girls, but maybe she will need me as much as I need her.
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: Shepherd or Shepherd cross.? - 12/03/17 09:32 PM

Sandra, you might want to also think about one of the Guardian Breeds.