New Member Saying Hello

Posted by: HONOROFLINUS

New Member Saying Hello - 01/29/18 04:09 PM

Hello to all members from Powhatan VA. I recently retired after having heart surgery Feb. 2015. I'm 66 so it was time to retire-having the dogs keeps me from being too bored LOL
My wife and I have had GSDs most of our married lives--a total of 9 actually 3 females and 6 males--We now have a couple of seniors (just like me)---Beau 12 & 1/2 year old male---Cody 11 & 1/2 year old male and a 4 & 1/2 year old female Aussie.
Looking forward to some interesting GSD stories--tips and help here on the forum.

Thanks, Vaughn
Posted by: Shilohsmom

Re: New Member Saying Hello - 01/29/18 04:56 PM

So glad you found us here!!!! I retired about 4 1/2 years ago and am enjoying every minute of it. welcome I love the senior pups the best. I have Eli who's 11 and Kody who's just a 6 month old pup!
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: New Member Saying Hello - 01/29/18 06:23 PM

Welcome to the Forum. I have to tell you that the member here, me included like cough love pictures.

I had a total of 5 GSD's in our lives, four at once. Right now we have a rescued 2 year old Great Pyrenees female. She is a puppy in a two year old body.
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: New Member Saying Hello - 01/29/18 06:59 PM

welcome
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: New Member Saying Hello - 01/29/18 09:54 PM

Greetings Vaughn,

Welcome to the board and welcome to retirement. I've been off payroll for 4.5 years and have no trouble filling the days. I find that I dislike schedules now more than ever, though.

2 GSDs in residence now, known on the board as The Barker Sisters II; and Barker the Elder the 2nd and Barker the Younger the 2nd. 8+ & 4+. We share plenty of silly dog, stupid handler stories here.
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: New Member Saying Hello - 01/29/18 09:54 PM

A warm welcome to the forum. greet You definitely found a great group of people who are very fond of german shepherds.
Nice to have you aboard!
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: New Member Saying Hello - 01/30/18 02:08 PM

Hi Vaughn and Beau and Cody,

welcome

Looking forward to getting to know you all,

Mary Jane and Mars