Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters

Posted by: JeanKBBMMMAAN

Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/22/12 01:00 PM

Hopefully this will be a happy journey...we don't know exactly. crossedfingers

Keelin came from TN like so many great dogs with weird issues, such as Mariele and Annalise, so of course she was a dog that I would like and was immediately drawn to, despite the fact that she is white. wink

However, I will say this - I could not do the job that her foster is doing. Keelin has been diagnosed with an ectopic ureter, meaning that instead of the little tube delivering her urine into her bladder, it is taking it to the vagina. Which fills with urine, and then it flows out of there when she is laying down. Her foster is keeping her diapered, trying to keep her clean (and doing an excellent job - no more urine scald, etc), and with the hotter weather, doing more of it all as Keelin drinks more water!

This is video her foster got of her flow. shocked

I met Keelin to take her to my vet and when I went to pick her up, she jumped up to give kisses. I was done! I though she was probably a Husky mix and so pretty! I sent her picture to Joanne to see what she thought and she thought so too. smile I had sent the video to the vet office and they all said shocked too when they saw it. We were hoping it was a deep kidney infection. He did an exam and gave his guessinosis, which turned out to be exactly correct. http://www.michvet.com/library/surgery_ectopic_ureter.asp It is a physical abnormality. Definitely! A thing seen in Siberian Huskies as well as some other breeds.
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_ectopic_ureters.html
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/ectopic-ureters/page1.aspx

We were lucky enough to be able to do a CT scan that has confirmed it. I thought it looked like a lava lamp, but was told that there was actually dog parts showing up on the screen:

She is a bouncy, happy girl. She loves people, has fun doing things, seems really well behaved and has a great temperament.

So you've met Keelin's pee, and her CT scan picture, now here she is!

I feel like this board has a lot of great information and resources and hope that people may know someone who has done this surgery, or has good input on this condition, and if you can keep her in your thoughts too!

I took these pictures after tossing her in a crate in my car, driving an hour and tying her to various things at a little park before we went to the vet!

I am good, no?

And I have a pretty haircut!

So sweet...

We couldn't sedate for the CT scan, but my vet gave her some Xanax aka Xanaxxoxoxoxxox says Keelin...

Picture in Picture!

Grateful just for the love...

Thanks for looking.
Posted by: Kayos

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/22/12 01:55 PM

Oh she is darling! Can they repair her ureter?

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/22/12 02:00 PM

Thanks - she really is!

Not sure. It's weird. It sounds like there are ways to do it, but no guarantee that it will work 100%. I keep asking (like a Magpie or whatever bird would repeat things continuously to the annoyance of others) what about taking the kidney and the ureter and then just using the one kidney that has normal wiring? But we haven't gotten that far yet, as we are using as many favors as possible in terms of planning for her/what we can do first. smile

Her sweetness is really the reason for looking into/trying things for her. A temperament like that...she's just wonderful.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/22/12 02:02 PM

Oh, what a sweet, precious girl she is! wub Sending positive thoughts and vibes that she can be repaired via surgery safely, and that she will have a clean, comfy, happy life! crossedfingers
Posted by: PositiveDog

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/22/12 06:36 PM

Oh sweet, sweet girl. I am so glad you have people caring for you. wub
Posted by: Qyn

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/23/12 08:16 AM

Keelin is gorgeous, she looks as sweet as her nature. I hope that something can be done for her - this link (you have probably already seen it) does seem encouraging.
Posted by: Mary Jane

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/23/12 09:35 AM

I just keep coming back to Keelin's pictures and melting. It's a mystery to me how some dogs maintain such a wonderful character while ill; without a dedicated foster she must have had urine burns. That tail trim is something.

So she's gorgeous and I hope that whatever surgery is called for has a quick and complete recovery.

MJ
Posted by: MaxaLisa

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/23/12 03:43 PM

She's a beauty and a sweetheart! Sure do hope that there are good options for her crossedfingers
Posted by: Barb E

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/24/12 05:08 PM

She's darling!!

This is what they do in people:
Nephrectomy (upper pole heminephrectomy): In this surgery, the kidney or the portion of it drained by the ectopic ureter is removed. This stops the flow of urine into the ectopic ureter, thus curing the incontinence and reducing the chance of infection. Technically the simplest operation, also has the lowest complication risk. It is particularly attractive when the kidney or portion of the kidney draining through the ectopic ureter is functioning poorly. It may also be used when that kidney portion is functioning properly if the opposite kidney is normal. This operation has been traditionally performed through an incision under the ribs but can now be done laparoscopically in some patients. The main disadvantages are that the potentially functioning kidney tissue may be removed and the bottom end of the ectopic ureter is left in place. While usually not a problem, the remaining part of the ectopic ureter can be a future source for infection.

Ureteropyelostomy: In this procedure, the ectopic ureter is divided near the kidney and sewn into the normal collecting system of the lower part of the kidney. This allows the urine from the upper part of the kidney to drain normally. It has the advantage of protecting all the kidney tissue but still leaves the bottom half of the ectopic ureter in place. It also has a slightly higher complication rate than the other operations.

Ureteral reimplantation: In this operation, the ectopic ureter is divided near the bottom and sewn into the bladder in such a way that urine drains well and does not flow backwards. Usually performed through an incision above the pubic bone, this procedure has a slightly higher complication rate than the other two surgeries. It can also be technically difficult if performed in small infants. However, like ureteropyelostomy, this operation preserves all kidney tissue. Furthermore, it removes more of the abnormal ectopic ureter than the other two procedures and allows the surgeon to stop any vesicoureteral reflux.

http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=123

Kind of an interesting read for me since I had a Ureteral reimplantation when I was 21 due to reflux in duplicate ureters smile and a partial Nephrectomy on the other side when I was 23!! smile
Posted by: LJsMom

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/25/12 04:40 PM

Wow Barb, you are definitely unique!

I hope things work out for Keelin. She's so sweet!
Posted by: Armywife1992

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/25/12 05:00 PM

What a beautiful girl! I hope there is a good solution for the issue. She looks so sweet!

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/30/12 01:39 PM

Thank you for the link, Alison, and Barb - wow, you guys could be kidney sisters! That is very interesting - something to ask them about at...drumroll...

Cornell. Whew. With a lot of help from a lot of people, BDBH is going to try the laser ablation surgery (I think/pretty sure).

BDBH takes in dogs knowingly that have special needs, when they can take care of those needs. This was a surprise! So we are working on stuff before we can set up an appointment. And she will have to come back to my vet to get a bladder tap again (that took a couple of days of trying! all her urine was in the vagina!) a week before surgery to make sure she has no infection. BUT - we have hope for her. I truly was not sure - but thought she deserved to be known. And that maybe we can have yet another good story here on this board. smile

MJ - she did have urine burns when she came up. I cannot even imagine.

Thanks for reading about her!

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/31/12 02:31 PM

That is so neat that she will be going to Cornell.

crossedfingers

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 05/31/12 08:27 PM

I hope Keelin's fund raising goes quickly!

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 06/03/12 11:56 AM

Yes, very glad - we are getting updates from Cornell - it will be this vet:
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/faculty/flanders/ who will see her, and then probably keep her overnight and do the surgery, once we are able to schedule it. He is not the surgeon that Ava and Anna had, but I have heard MANY wonderful things about him, and have seen him while sitting in the waiting room there and he seems very kind.

On a side note - how do I get the pee smell out of a plastic crate. It is not noticeable to others, but I can smell it, and my dogs can smell it. I try to avoid chemicals for cleansers, but will do whatever it takes to get that smell out of there!
Posted by: Kris

Re: Keelin - Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters - 06/03/12 08:51 PM

Jean - white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide should work. Baking soda is another good thing to use for odors.

I'm very glad sweet Keelin will get her surgery and keeping all fingers crossed that it solves her problem...

Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/04/12 09:23 AM

Okay, I will try the hydrogen peroxide - can I mix that with baking soda? I used the vinegar, which seems to work for most urine, but this is extra special stinky! It smells like dirty straw.

Thank you - yes, fingers tight because we want this to do it for her. Thanks again!

Pictures from her foster!

All dressed up and too tired from playing to go anywhere!

This is much better than being tied to a tree in the mud!
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/04/12 09:37 AM

She is so beautiful. How great that BDBH is helping yet another health-compromised dog. wub

For stubborn odors, I mix baking soda and white vinegar and them let it soak for a while.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/04/12 09:40 AM

Yeah - it was a surprise - so we are working on it!

Okay - so I can mix all three things into a super paste without blowing anything up right?

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/04/12 10:56 AM

Originally Posted By: JeanKBBMMMAAN
Yeah - it was a surprise - so we are working on it!

Okay - so I can mix all three things into a super paste without blowing anything up right?

rofl You might get some fizzing action, but I don't think that's an explosive mixture!!

Just an FYI... White vinegar and baking soda make a great drain cleaner too. Pour one box baking soda into your sink (the opposite side of the garbage disposal), 1 cup white vingar and follow with 2 qts. boiling water. It really makes the sink smell fresh. I'm a smeller too Jean - and it's driving me nuts with 8 animals in the house. I swear I can smell animals when I walk in, but no one else does...

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/04/12 05:30 PM

Quote:

teary Humans. D%$#

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/06/12 12:20 AM

Thanks for the tip, Heloise! wink That's a good one. This combo seems to be working - Mariele went in the crate today and she's quite particular.

Yeah, Bonnie, yep. frown

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/06/12 03:11 AM

Pictures from her foster!

All dressed up and too tired from playing to go anywhere!

These are great, look how content and happy!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/07/12 01:45 PM

Keelin's legs and belly look much better than the earlier pictures. Her foster mom is doing a great job of keeping her clean!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/09/12 05:04 PM

She is so happy there. I mean, she's got no infection, no urine scald, she's kept as clean and dry as possible with a leaky pipe, she's very lucky. Her foster mom is doing a ton of work with all of her care. The rescue is really lucky to have her, and Keelin is really lucky to have the rescue.

This is what her foster mom said in an email:
Quote:
Everyday Keelin is blessed to be here on this Earth, she is just so grateful and living so much joy. She truly does something amazing and comical everyday, and would be the 'human version' of a person that everyone gravitates toward because of their personality.

She said that after sending us Keelin pics on squirrel patrol!

Today at their weekly meet/greet at Petsmart a little girl dug all the change out of her tiny purse and donated $3.00 to help get Keelin her surgery. I got all verklempt when I read the email. That is what is so great about dogs sometimes, that they can help you see the greatness of people.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/10/12 10:02 AM

Quote:
That is what is so great about dogs sometimes, that they can help you see the greatness of people.

Very true but what is also wonderful is just how great dogs can be!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/10/12 03:40 PM

So grateful for the superb job that the foster mom is doing! I love hearing about how her personality is coming out.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/11/12 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Qyn
Quote:
That is what is so great about dogs sometimes, that they can help you see the greatness of people.

Very true but what is also wonderful is just how great dogs can be!

Oh, absolutely!

And her foster is to be commended. Lots of fosters have lots of different things that involve much more work than normal, but this one, is one that I just can't imagine, the washing and cleaning and odor...it's good she has less dogs, but she also has a Mega-E foster with allergies. So yikes.

I got to see Keelin today - she has to have another urine culture done before they can do surgery to make sure, I guess, there is no infection. Surgery is scheduled for shocked next Wednesday. So I met her foster, picked Keelin up and took her to my vet office. Hopefully they will be able to get it tomorrow from the bladder tap, which is difficult, considering her pee is not in her bladder! Maybe now they can hit the left side or something...I don't know. I suggested tipping her upside down, but they really didn't think I was being helpful. Whatever. eyeroll wink

ANYHOOOOO! Keelin looks INCREDIBLE. She is thriving. Her weight is perfect, she is starting to get some good texture to her coat, her eyes are sparkly and she doesn't smell quite as bad. Even the receptionists noticed that when we came in. Always nice not to be smelled before being seen!

Here is the only picture I got from my phone. Girl likes to eat!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/12/12 06:37 AM

Beautiful shot - I can see you in her eye, Jean poke - not really!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/12/12 04:05 PM

That shot just makes me want to bend down and give her a hug smile

Surgery next Wednesday? So glad! crossedfingers
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/13/12 09:12 PM

You can tell she is thriving, what a snow queen. wub Hope to hear good news next Wednesday.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/13/12 11:33 PM

Scared me Alison! HA!

Thank you all - I will keep you updated on how things go.

Amazingly, they got the bladder tap on the first try. It's amazing because her urine is not in her bladder. sick Just the thought of where it is...I can't even imagine. She was a sweetheart and had a good time with all the people at the vet office. She's very nosy!

This is interesting - a woman has been following her story, e-mailing a bit with her foster, sent Keelin's information out to her friends to ask for donations, and has asked the rescue if she could meet Keelin at Cornell next Tuesday. She even asked if it would be okay to be there Wednesday, but we said we thought Cornell would say no to same day surgery visits...but will ask.

I've googled her of course. rofl But I just thought...I wonder if this is going to turn out to be an adoption story AND a get well story. Knock wood for the second and be neat for the first.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/13/12 11:37 PM

crossedfingers That would be something else if that's what it is....

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/15/12 11:39 PM

I know! Will definitely update how that part of the story goes!

From her foster mom - she said Keelin loves to have her picture taken, doesn't move a muscle when she does. Ha!

Good news - her urine culture came back negative so she is cleared for the appointment and hopeful procedure next week. Also we've almost fundraised everything we need for both, so now all we need is the perfect surgery. That's all!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/16/12 07:44 AM

She is such a beautiful dog. I hope all goes well with her surgery. goodluck

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/18/12 11:34 PM

She's on her way tomorrow, hopefully surgery on Wednesday! Thank you for the good thoughts and wishes for her, too!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/18/12 11:44 PM

crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 08:54 AM

Surgery today! I am going to be a little lazy here and just link to the blog with pictures there, since it is no longer a fundraising page:
http://bigdogsbighearts.blogspot.com/2012/05/please-help-us-help-keelin-she-depends.html Maybe later I can come back to post them here.

She has a great student and a wonderful surgeon who has done 5 of these surgeries (yeah, not so common!) and the student said he is 5/5 on them in terms of success. Hoping he will be 6/6.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 10:43 AM

I am going to believe nothing other than she WILL be in the top 50% where this surgery fixes her problem completely. Will anxiously await updates!!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 11:14 AM

Hoping for the 6/6 crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: MaxaLisa
Hoping for the 6/6 crossedfingers

ditto

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 03:25 PM

Keelin's surgery is over and she's doing well recovering. I think it still might be possible that she is a total success but apparently her structure is quite abnormal with a loose ureter. I will c/p some info from an email tonight but I wanted to let you know she was doing okay! Thank you.

PS did you see a muppet in the pics? Nico is going to med school now. He wants to intern with Keelin's surgeon - he loved him. I hope those 2 vets there never retire or have already cloned themselves because they are skilled surgeons and wonderful people.
Posted by: Furonthefloor

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 03:33 PM

Just checking up on Keelin. Sounds like good news. I spotted the intern...smart & cute!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 04:06 PM

I saw the muppet smile Yes, a cute and smart intern!

So great to have folks there that are skilled and that you trust and like.

I hope that she is able to be a complete success, so glad that the surgery went so well!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 06:23 PM

I just looked at the pictures and I love the Dogtor Dawg (Muppet) pictures with Keelin. wub

I am so glad the surgery went well. Looking forwrad to more updates - all this is quite over my head, but I understand how serious it is.
Posted by: Good_Karma

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 07:35 PM

Wonderful!! One of my high school friends saw the FB post and she had to donate because Keelin looked so much like one of her dogs She will be thrilled to hear that the surgery was done!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/20/12 09:58 PM

Awww, thanks, Leah - you never know when you share - it is amazing and one of the reasons I went yesterday to take pictures - all these people that are just learning about us from people sharing...I wanted to make sure that they saw she was really there (as much as you can prove from pictures anymore!).

So apparently they described her urethra as a big, floppy balloon, which...yeah, not quite what it should be. He had to laser a lot more than normal, and typically they know that day if it works or not. Because they had to do as much as they did, there is swelling, and it will be about a week before they will know how successful it is. They said that urethra is not used to doing its job so will need some time to get up to speed too.

She is doing really well! Up and happy, greeting everyone. The student said everyone says she has the prettiest dog patient. smile

Nico had a great time yesterday. He was pretty sure that the whole day was about him. He and Keelin played quite a bit too while we were waiting for the surgeon to come in, and he got away with more than she usually allows apparently. It was good for her - she had no stress as you could see from her very relaxed position in those pictures!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/21/12 01:23 AM

wub very relaxed picture!

HOping for good improvement each day.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/21/12 07:18 AM

crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/21/12 12:01 PM

crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/21/12 12:07 PM

Her foster is picking her up - right about now!

Thank you for keeping your fingers crossed (always reminds me of keeping your legs crossed when you sneeze or something wink when it is on Keelin's thread - or so I hear).

I will let you know...

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/21/12 12:49 PM

Yes, looking forward to positive updates!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 11:14 AM

today's crossedfingers

(it's hard to believe that there is such weird plumbing behind those eyes and under that coat).

MJ

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 11:41 AM

Hoping for a successful outcome for this gorgeous girlie!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 01:22 PM

No one can read this except us right? wink

I am going to slowly introduce this on the blog because it is so unknown...RIGHT NOW, we are not seeing much improvement. Her urethra (ureter? yes, too many terms that seem the same to me) is not used to working though and may be learning its job. They said wait a week and see how it looks so we are, and we understand that it might not because Proin is needed for some dogs still. Especially when they have a floopy tube. Yes, MJ, she hides it well!

So after the week is up, we will try the Proin IF it hasn't changed.

She's happy to be back in her foster home and acts like nothing is wrong or ever happened. She has such a great attitude!

Thanks to you all for rooting for her!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 01:49 PM

Her urethra (ureter? yes, too many terms that seem the same to me)

Ureters go from Kidney to Bladder
Urethra goes from bladder to outside the body

I have my fingers crossed for her, she's such a lovely dog!!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 03:23 PM

Still rooting for her!

Might be a stupid thought, but...freshground flax can sometimes help with incontinence, and has many other health advantages. In a spayed female, if tolerated, shouldn't hurt at all.

Hopefully it is just taking awhile to get adjusted crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 04:24 PM

Well, miracles don't always happen overnight, hope that time will prove out the doctor's flawless record on this type of surgery.

Keeping my legs and crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/22/12 10:54 PM

I was thinking about her this morning and I was wondering how the previously unused bladder and urethra would be coping with this functionality as the muscles would also be out of practice. No doubt very difficult, but I hope not impossible, to train a dog pelvic floor exercises. crossedfingers for success.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/23/12 12:09 PM

wub

I definitely think it will take time - don't you all - that thing is not used to doing anything and is pretty much a lazy ureter (THANK YOU BARB!). It hasn't really slowed down at all apparently which I thought it would at least slow the flow. But no. It's still a go!

In my mind it's not really incontinence I don't think in the same way that other incontinence is???...that's why I would be really surprised if the Proin would work, but we will see. I will pass the info along though, thank you!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/23/12 02:40 PM

No, I don't think of it as incontinence either. I was wondering if the flax/hormone actually helps tone the walls of the urinary parts, like whey protein for the muscle crazy Just trying to think of what might help a lazy ureter and not coming up with much!

So hoping that things wake up....

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/23/12 06:37 PM

Sweet Keelin. I think things start working better soon. She seems to be such a sweet girl.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/27/12 10:02 PM

Yeah, I did pass that along on the flax, who knows, right!

She is such a sweet girl. She's a bit bossy in a...bossy way. smile But doesn't seem to push it. Just seeing what she can do.

They started her on Proin. I will let you know how that goes - but - it is possible - there is a touch of improvement. SHHHHHHHHHH!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/28/12 07:15 AM

.... I will let you know how that goes - but - it is possible - there is a touch of improvement. SHHHHHHHHHH!

I do hope so! please
Posted by: Woodreb

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/28/12 07:41 AM

crossedfingers crossedfingers crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/28/12 04:10 PM

REALLY hoping for improvement crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/28/12 07:08 PM

Cheering really quietly for the slight improvement...
Posted by: Zisso

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 06/29/12 09:27 PM

I have been following this thread quietly and wanted to send healthy vibes to sweet Keelin!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/07/12 04:56 PM

I wanted to come here and get the cleaning mixture that was used earlier in the thread, and realized that we haven't heard in a bit.

Sure would be nice if there were some progress for this beautiful girl crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/08/12 05:21 AM

I keep checking also, Lisa. crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/08/12 11:59 AM

Thanks, sorry for not updating - I kept wanting something definitive to say but nothing yet, however there is definite improvement. That is huge - and for me, after hearing what her body structure was, I am pretty surprised!

She is approximately 85% better than her leaky faucet days. It's as if a plumber has slowed the flow into a drip, and the drip is much better!

There have been "experiments" with the amount of Proin being given, up and down, and no real conclusion has been made yet - is it Proin helping or is her body understanding what to do more now that her giant ureter is smaller. Another phone call I think on Tuesday about her.

Keelin's foster is in close contact with the doctors and students at Cornell as this process continues. But it is so much better, and that is amazing.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/08/12 12:36 PM

Glas to hear that she is improving, even if it's not as fast as you might like to see. 85% is quite an improvement. Hope it continues for this pretty girl.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/08/12 01:47 PM

That's a huge improvement already. I am so very happy for her! Yay!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/08/12 07:19 PM

Do you think she needs to be 100% better to be adoptable? I think it would take some very special people to take in a leaky dog. I know people like this exist (look at her wonderful foster mom!), but I bet they are rare. frown

crossedfingers for continued improvement.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/09/12 04:40 AM

Thanks for the update Jean. That is a pretty good outcome already and it is still early days, it is quite possible that it will improve further too! It must be easier to manage now too which is a good thing too!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/26/12 01:19 PM

I just posted this on her blog link thing:
Update 7/26: Well, this is interesting! As you can imagine, Keelin is a different case than most, given the way her system was set up, and has not fully responded to the surgery. We were not expecting perfection, and we have had great (TRULY!) improvement, but doing some playing around with the Proin and other things, has produced unusual responses in Keelin. (just that her leaking would get better, then worse, then better...no rhyme or reason)

SO! What's next? That's the exciting and interesting part. There is a newer surgery, that could not have been done first - the repair that was done in the first surgery was essential and needed in order to try this second surgery. In other words, we could not have skipped straight to this second surgery. (I didn't want people to think that money was wasted on the first surgery - we couldn't do the second without the first) What is this second surgery you ask?

It is the implantation of a hydraulic urethral occluder in Keelin. Cornell says, "Hydraulic occluder implantation has a very high rate (>90%) of success for long term continence and a relatively low (<10%) complication rate." Frankly, we think this sounds like some very cool treatment for Keelin and a chance for her to live a normal life! Because we did so well in our first fundraising attempt (and got the low end of the estimate on the first surgery), the cost of this surgery is covered (and is not as high as you might think like $2000 tops which is a LOT of money, but over her lifetime, amount spent washing her stuff - water, detergent, electricity, cleaning, pads, bathing her, I am betting it would be a break even).

Information on it: http://www.cvma.net/images/cvmapd/HydraulicUrethral.pdf
More: http://www.acvs.org/Symposium/Proceedings2011/data/papers/129.pdf
And more: http://dogaware.com/articles/wdjincontinence.html#surgical

This is all really good news and we will let you know as soon as she is scheduled for her surgery!

It looks very neat.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/26/12 06:03 PM

Oh my gosh, I hope this works for Keelin! 90 % success rate - it has to be tried for her!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/26/12 07:48 PM

Very hopeful this next step is the key!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/26/12 07:57 PM

The success rate is very encouraging! Keelin is a very lucky girl.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/26/12 10:13 PM

Thanks for the update. Even if the first surgery was not a total success, continence wise, it has been 100% effective in allowing her to get this second operation which is wonderful news and these are fantastic odds for success. thumbup

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/27/12 06:59 AM

Great news! She is so worth it. wub Thanks for the update!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/27/12 11:13 AM

Exactly, Alison!

And like Leah had asked previously - is she adoptable at the place she was at with only the first surgery - probably unlikely that someone will knowingly and willingly take on a young dog that has many years of this ahead of her. SO hopefully this will make her a happy girl who is also very adoptable!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 07/27/12 11:22 AM

For a 'rescue consumer' it's really enlightening to see some of the process a committed rescue group goes through to get their dogs into their own homes. BDBH must be one of a kind in their dedication to special needs dogs, though.

Anyway, after trying to read about the engineering challenge that is Keelin's urinary tract, I'm just glad that there surgeons who know how to correct Mother Nature's mistakes.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 10:24 AM

Sooooo...since this last post, Keelin had the hydraulic occluder implanted. It seemed to be a good thing at first... frown then it seemed to be bothering her. Fast forward - yesterday, fever of 105 when they left, 106 when they got to Cornell emergency.

Last night the thinking was a kidney and bladder infection.

Today, the thinking is that she her body is rejecting the implant. frown Two antibiotics, IV, and temp is still high @105.

http://bigdogsbighearts.blogspot.com/2012/05/please-help-us-help-keelin-she-depends.html

I am trying to keep this updated. I just can't even imagine...

Thank you for your kind words, Mary Jane. We do try to treat each dog as if it were our own, and to try to pretend that it is not a challenge at times, would be misleading. This is one of those times. Also one of those times when we need to focus on the successes as well, and how grateful we are to have all the people we do who support us with their kind thoughts.
Posted by: TimberWolf

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 10:29 AM

Jean, I am sorry to hear Keelin is having all these medical challenges. It is so sad to see these creatures suffer. If they could only speak and tell us what is going on. Sending wishes for good and quick health for Keelin. Hugs

I am wondering...what temp is actually classified as "Fever" in a dog?

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 10:34 AM

Thank you, Elvi - I know - it is so hard to know that she is struggling, while we are trying to help her, and feeling so badly about it all (second-guessing, decisions to be made, etc, etc, etc).

I just googled that yesterday:
Quote:
The normal body temperature for dogs is between 101 and 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit, compared to 97.6 to 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit for humans. This means your dog may feel feverish to you even when his temperature is completely normal.

The word “fever” is typically used to describe elevated body temperature caused by infection or inflammation. A temperature of more than 103 degrees is considered a dog fever.

When dogs have high temperatures that are the result of hot external temperatures or excessive exercise in humid conditions, the condition is referred to as hyperthermia or heat stroke. When temperatures reach 106 degrees Fahrenheit, serious and fatal complications can occur.

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/high-fever-in-dogs

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 11:05 AM

Okay...roller coaster...

They ran another round of bloodwork.

The surgeon does NOT feel this is being caused by the occluder/inflammation, as there didn't seem to be evidence from sonogram of any inflammation

He feels it is a kidney infection that is being resistent to the antibiotics. The culture results won't be available till at least Wednesday. He does not feel it is a bladder infection as usually there isn't a fever or at least this high of a fever that occurs with Bladder Infection. With Kidney Infections it is more likely to cause high fever.

Her foster asked the level of concern of the constant temp and he said,
once it is at 106 or higher, is when it becomes life threatening, and when they would get 'aggressive' with ice baths and enemas. They have a fan blowing on her around the clock and the IV fluids. She is pretty sedated to keep her comfortable.

He does not want to scope her in the condition she is right now. He would like to take a look in and past the occluder for evidence of her body rejecting (but again, he doesn't feel this is related).

SO, that's it for now!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 11:27 AM

I just googled that yesterday:
The normal body temperature for dogs is between 101 and 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit, compared to 97.6 to 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit for humans. This means your dog may feel feverish to you even when his temperature is completely normal.

Thank you Jean. I appreciate it.

Gosh, that poor baby. What's this with these infections being antibiotic resistant? There seem to be more and more cases in animals and humans alike of antibiotic resistant strains. Come on Keelin, you can do it. Come on Keelin's immune system.....fight this crap and be strong!!!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 11:42 AM

Seriously, I know! And you know, I have to guess, and be a jerk, but I would imagine in her life prior, she was never on ABX (antibiotics) to get any kind of sensitivity built up. I could be wrong (considering she was found tied up in the mud...) but come on.

THANK YOU ELVI - I like the way you worded that!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 11:51 AM

This is really scary and hard to read, but thanks for posting Jean. When Wolf has his fatal bout of aspiration pneumonia his fever was 106 when we reached the vet and they got out ice and IVs as fast as humanly possible.

I believe there are last line of defense antibiotics, at least for people, they're used sparingly so there is less possibility of generating resistance. I guess they still have that option for Keelinn, at least I hope so.

will stay tuned,
MJ
Posted by: SeanRescueMom

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 05:22 PM

With Kidney Infections it is more likely to cause high fever.

Reading your posts I am so sorry to hear about Keelin's health problems. Anytime an organ is involved it becomes that much more serious/life threatening, i.e. kidney. She is such a trooper and I hope and pray she pulls through this ordeal. crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 05:40 PM

Sending lots of healing thoughts out to Keelin...

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 07:39 PM

Hoping for some good news!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 08:40 PM

Thank you again all...no update yet tonight. A little worried.

They have a culture being done - tomorrow it should be ready - to try to see what will work on this. Wait - if today is Monday (?) then that is not until Wednesday. crazy

Aw, Mary Jane - that is so hard to think of I know. hugging

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 09:10 PM

It sounds like Keelin is getting great care. How sad for her to be going throguh this aftetr all her other troubles. frown

I hope they can help her through this and she gets to have some good times soon.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 09:34 PM

Okay - thanks to good thoughts and prayers, and antibiotics I am sure laugh just got this email from Keelin's foster - I am leaving it as is because I love the tone of it:

YAY !!!! Ilisa just called me and Keelin's fever has BROKE...happy dance it is at 102.4
I pretty much blanked out after hearing that, but they feel it is a UTI that traveled up to the kidney.
They are hopeful that maybe she can come home on Wednesday on oral antibiotics, then possibly bring her back to assess the occlunder.
Ilisa said she would call me around 9:30 am tomorrow with an update. Hopefully Dr. will call as well.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 09:50 PM

Ohhhh...thank goodness... Keelin - you are an amazing girl (who also has amazing support and amazing doctors). Wishing this sweet girl a speedy recovery. She's been through so much. Her foster mom must be an awesome person! wub

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 10:43 PM

That is sooooooo good to hear. YAY!!!!! (doing a happy dance)

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 11:03 PM

groovy I read about the high temp on facebook through Annalise Pet Photography - so glad the temp has come down. crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/17/12 11:10 PM

Good news!!!! I hope she is able to go home to her foster mom very soon!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 11:28 AM

And now, I am going to slightly burst our happy bubble...

Posted this on that blog...
Update 9/18 AM: A not as great update this am, as Keelin's temp has crept back up to 104.

They are going to try to get a preliminary reading on the culture to see if anything has grown, if not, that information will be available tomorrow. They would add a 3rd antibiotic if the temp goes higher, but are hoping to get information from that culture first.

We could also use your hungriest thoughts for Keelin as she is not wanting to eat so much right now.

I am thinking that whatever pain meds they are using are inhibiting appetite (as well as a bajillion abx). I bet her stomach is just roiling.

Thoughts?

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 11:44 AM

Poop! I wonder if her kidney values have increased? That can inappetence.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 11:54 AM

I didn't want those kind of thoughts! wink rofl I am guessing they are trying to keep costs down for us so maybe not doing blood work every day, but what they did on Sunday was good, and she's getting fluids, so I think that would keep things steady? I hope.

I figure 2 antibiotics, pain management, tired of being at the vet office?

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 12:30 PM

Sorry! I think there's a medication that helps with an off belly and increases appetite?

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 01:04 PM

crossedfingers x a bazillion

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: LJsMom
Sorry! I think there's a medication that helps with an off belly and increases appetite?

Ha! Sorry! I know you know Keelin's story too well!

YES! Mirtazapine and then...ondansitron or something helps too.

Thank you Barb, I like that.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 03:34 PM

Been watching this and nothing but good thoughts for Keelin!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 05:00 PM

Sending good thougths and prayers from the northeast for Keelin.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 06:33 PM

Aw, poor Keeling. frown A fever can knock out your appetite too. Sending healing, hungry thoughts to Ithaca for Keelin!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/18/12 09:08 PM

Keeping Keelin in my thoughts. hugging

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/19/12 12:52 AM

frown Still it seems they are trying to get this under control. hugging Best wishes being sent!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/19/12 08:58 AM

Just checked Keelin's blog hoping there might be news, they should read her cultures today in case there is something growing out that isn't sensitive to her existing antibiotics. There's no update yet, but I'm sure there will be.

Keelin is so beautiful in face and in spirit, it's a dreadful shame her urinary tract doesn't match.

Looking forward to updates......

MJ

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/19/12 10:48 AM

I missed posting last night's update but put it up - they added a third abx and the fever dropped a bit, and she ate 2 cans of baby food! AND went for a 20 minute walk (which I thought was excessive rofl).

It is so true - she really is - I don't know what is going on in that whole mess of an area in her. frown

Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts/prayers and checking on her. I hope to have a wonderful update tonight.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/19/12 11:37 AM

Sure am hoping they will get this thing kicked crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/19/12 03:34 PM

Continue sending wishes for a speedy recovery for sweet Keelin. Thanks for keeping us updated, Jean.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/20/12 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: LMS
Continue sending wishes for a speedy recovery for sweet Keelin. Thanks for keeping us updated, Jean.

This thumbup

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/20/12 07:15 AM

Yes! Thank you. smile May Keelin's recovery be smooth and rapid! crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/20/12 05:20 PM

Hope this is nothing but a speed bump in her recovery. It sure would be a disappointment to all the people who have loved and helped her to find out that the surgery didn't work or that it made her sick. Hoping for the best for her.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/21/12 01:46 PM

Whooo! Keelin is going home tonight!

She's back to her normal self too - eating like a piglet, acting like she's on speed, wanting to play and so happy. The vet student is amazed it's the same dog, and her surgeon is really happy too.

Boy Leah, you are like...reading my mind. I am still holding my breath. I feel a little bit of responsibility because I was all like, yeah, we can do this...and now...well, I am working on my next fundraiser. rofl I am hoping for a Trick and Treat or something like that.

I haven't posted all of this yet on the blog but here are some details.

Scoping went extremely well. No stricture, no inflammation or scar tissue seen that would have caused this episode.

The ureter is wide open. So, he is pretty confident that the bladder infection, which seems to have gone under the radar, is the culprit in not only the current episode but the posturing and squirting.

She will be on two antibiotics for 1 month. He is also starting Keelin on bethanechol tonight because he feels that could aid in increasing her bladder muscle tone but also help her to empty the bladder
"Bethanechol chloride acts principally by producing the effects of stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system. It increases the tone of the detrusor urinae muscle, usually producing a contraction sufficiently strong to initiate micturition and empty the bladder."

He will not entertain inflating the occluder until a few things happen:
1. She is off antibiotic with no indication of a reoccuring infection
2. She is able to 'properly' urinate without the posturing and squirting
3. She is off the Bethanechol if it proves to be helpful

SO, fingers crossed...

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/21/12 04:14 PM

This is good
laugh

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/21/12 04:36 PM

Wow, this is AWESOME news. Yay, Keelin!!!! Thank you for the update, Jean.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/21/12 05:39 PM

Jeepers, what an incredibly specific drug! Amazing what medical science comes up with. Continued good wishes and cautious optimism!!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/22/12 01:45 AM

Thanks for this great update. Extremely happy but subdued exhibition here!

grin penguin crossedfingers

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 09/22/12 01:48 AM

Whooo! Keelin is going home tonight!

She's back to her normal self too - eating like a piglet, acting like she's on speed, wanting to play and so happy. The vet student is amazed it's the same dog, and her surgeon is really happy too.

Boy Leah, you are like...reading my mind. I am still holding my breath. I feel a little bit of responsibility because I was all like, yeah, we can do this...and now...well, I am working on my next fundraiser. rofl I am hoping for a Trick and Treat or something like that.

I haven't posted all of this yet on the blog but here are some details.

Scoping went extremely well. No stricture, no inflammation or scar tissue seen that would have caused this episode.

The ureter is wide open. So, he is pretty confident that the bladder infection, which seems to have gone under the radar, is the culprit in not only the current episode but the posturing and squirting.

She will be on two antibiotics for 1 month. He is also starting Keelin on bethanechol tonight because he feels that could aid in increasing her bladder muscle tone but also help her to empty the bladder
"Bethanechol chloride acts principally by producing the effects of stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system. It increases the tone of the detrusor urinae muscle, usually producing a contraction sufficiently strong to initiate micturition and empty the bladder."

He will not entertain inflating the occluder until a few things happen:
1. She is off antibiotic with no indication of a reoccuring infection
2. She is able to 'properly' urinate without the posturing and squirting
3. She is off the Bethanechol if it proves to be helpful

SO, fingers crossed...

Glad it seems to be infection, and I hope it's one that resolves. Get better Keelin!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 11/14/12 09:33 AM

Great update on this girl!
http://bigdogsbighearts.blogspot.com/2012/05/please-help-us-help-keelin-she-depends.html

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 11/14/12 11:29 AM

Outstanding! Always restores a bit of faith in humans when I see what they will do for our furry friends.

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 11/14/12 11:37 AM

This is fabulous news! I am very happy that the wonderful Keelin got a forever home and is doing so well. Thanks, BDBH!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 11/14/12 11:46 AM

What a happy update for Keelin! Thank you, Big Dogs Big Hearts rescue! groovy goodjob

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 11/15/12 01:14 AM

Aaaw, there are some good people out there! I hope she continues to improve and that the new owners consider giving updates. Great photos too!

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 02/15/13 03:34 PM

Haven't seen any new pictures, but her family loves this girl so much, has taken her to Cornell and had a little saline added to her occluder, taken good care of her during another one of thos weird bladder infections she gets, and just don't care if she leaks or not!

Of course, when she first came up, it was like being near a fountain, and her wagging tail resulted in pee everywhere so it's better now. laugh

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 02/15/13 04:27 PM

Some D-Mannose might keep the pesky bladder infections away.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articl...act-health.aspx

Re: Keelin Beautiful Girl - Ectopic Ureters 2 new pics - 02/16/13 06:53 AM

Thanks for the great update - so glad she got the chance to be the member of the right special family. wub