My life was not complicated enough...

Posted by: Catu

My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 12:31 AM

so I decided to add more spark to it and foster 3 abandoned babies, only a couple of days old.

And Diabla loves them too, though she gets a bit nervous about them, like if they are going to explode in any minute if anyone looks wet, it's her fault.
Posted by: bianca

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 02:47 AM

Oh gosh Catu, they are so tiny! What a wonderful lady you are!
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 04:28 AM

Aww, bless!

So kind of you to devote your time to caring for these wee babies.

Diabla's interest is super sweet - gentle nose touch. What a good girl.
Posted by: Braverhund

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 06:34 AM

Auntie Diabla stepping in to help-- so dear! Perhaps she understands that these babies are lost and abandoned, needing extra care. Thank you Catu, vaseroses for taking in these tiny babies in need of love and care!
Posted by: Good_Karma

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 07:02 AM

Ah, I wondered what the story was on these little ones. Any idea what breed? The little black and tan guy is adorable smile
Posted by: FG167

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 07:12 AM

Wow, they are tiny tiny!

Awww, LOL, that made me smile and laugh a little - they might explode if she doesn't do a good job hahaha
Posted by: DnP

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 07:25 AM

They are adorable. You have such a big heart to take care of these little ones. Poor Diabla...worrying about exploding puppies.
Posted by: middleofnowhere

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 08:24 AM

Looks like momma had several suitors. They are cute & it will be fun to watch them change. (especially from here & not there!)
Posted by: ozzyandsandi

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 09:16 AM

OMG, so cute.
Posted by: GrandJan

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 09:25 AM

How precious they are - and what wonderful care they are getting!
Posted by: Vinnie

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 10:55 AM

So adorable. How nice of you and Diabla to care for them. hug

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 02:54 PM

They are the cutest thing in the world!! I have them by the fire to keep them warmer, but I was afraid last night to leave them alone and sleep on my bedroom upstairs, so for this week I'm sleeping on the guests room, that way if anything happens I can wake up with the crying. A couple of students from College found them, but they can't take care of the puppies, because they have enough work studying and caring for their own human baby, but they want to keep one when they be weaned.

I think they are kind of a Chilean Fox-terrier kind of puppers, but you don't see a lot of purebred dogs around in this city, so the best guess is mutt x mutt smile The three of them are females, I bet someone kept the males of the litter and just threw the females away... by the jacket they are in, someone who has his kid in a Christian church, to give a lesson of love to their children mad .

The black baby is the bigger one, a fat vigorous pup who will eat until dying if you let her, and poor of you if she gets your finger! you risk taking her head off trying to have it back! Brown and White are a bit skinny, but while White is the littlest one, brown worries me more because she still has some problems understanding how the bottle works, it takes twice the time to feed her.

Diabla has already lost most of her interest in them, they are not a novelty anymore, but if a pup screams she hurry up to check on them.
Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 03:00 PM

Thanks for taking these little cuties in and caring for them! Good luck with the bottle-feeding and keeping them warm! I hope all three thrive.

And don't forget to keep posting pictures!
Posted by: Wisc.Tiger_Val

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 03:48 PM

Catu, how wonderful of you to take on the duties of the three puppies. I think Diabla will gain more interest when the pups are able to get around more. It is so good for the pups that you have her to help. Dog to dog learning is very important.
Posted by: arycrest

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 07:52 PM

What a wonderful thing you and Diabla are doing by raising these little orphans. They're really cute. What are you going to name them?
Posted by: Kayos

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/29/12 09:37 PM

I had to wait til I got home from work to see these. They sure are cute! Diabla looks quite motherly!

Thanks for helping them.
Posted by: Qyn

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/30/12 12:46 AM

Thanks for managing to do this Catu - best wishes for them all and hopefully brown will quickly get used to the feeding bottle.
Posted by: JeanKBBMMMAAN

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/30/12 10:37 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

THANK YOU for helping them!

Pictures always gratefully accepted. I know you're busy though.

Diabla did look like they were grenades! Cute. wub
Posted by: shepnterrier

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 08/31/12 06:08 AM

Thank you for saving them! So very kind, and demanding on you. How much sleep are you getting? What is their feeding and belly rubbing schedule, every two to three hours? Fingers crossed for Baby Brown, gotta suck, lil' one!

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/02/12 11:23 PM

i spilled water over the laptop feeding the pups and updating from the kindle is a pain... but everyone is healthy and chuby smile

Tomorrow will be the first day I'm out all day and I'm taking them with me... wish us luck.

Ihave dozens of pics but I can't upload. I'll try to do it to facebook withthe camera.

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 01:26 AM

White girl is not doing well. She's on ABxs and got hydrated... but lets face it, all I can do is to hold her and to keep her warm and loved as she fades away...

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 03:35 AM

Oh no Catu, I am sorry hugging

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 06:19 AM

Oh, that's tough. frown You've worked so hard to keep them alive. Not fair. hugging

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 06:54 AM

I'm so sorry Catu. You're doing your very best. hugging hugging hugging

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 08:56 AM

hugging imsorry

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 11:03 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear she's not doing well!!! hugging Hope she'll be okay!!!

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 12:00 PM

I "slept" with her and she made it through the night, she even ate!!! Though her breathing is still very labored and her fight is not over, I'll celebrate this small victory. Can I feel some hope?

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 12:04 PM

hugging Bless you Catu for your tender care of her small, fragile life! Where there is life, there is always hope. bloomrose

Wishing continued good things for this little girl, and each baby in your care. How is Auntie Diabla doing, checking in on them? Does she lick them a bit?

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/04/12 07:30 PM

Hoping that the little girl made it through another day. butterfly

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/05/12 03:59 PM

Hoping for Lil' White, and for you, that she will pull through. butterfly

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/06/12 08:43 AM

White girl is pulling through!! groovy

Yesterday I kept giving her glucosaline with a syringe every hour until she did figth me so hard that I tougth she was strong enough to stop torturing her.

Today she ate with real hunger but still feels weak and now looks smaller thanhe sisters.

Black girl is opening her eyes!

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/06/12 09:15 AM

party party party YESSS!! Great work, Catu! happyboogie These little spirits are so lucky to have you keeping them safe. angel

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/06/12 05:25 PM

Wow, you are a great foster mom!!! I know how much work (well, I have heard about it lol) it is to hand feed tiny baby creatures. I know a lot of them do not make it, so it is truly a testament to your care that she is doing better.

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/07/12 02:07 AM

That is great news, Catu.

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/07/12 06:16 AM

You are doing a fantastic job!

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/14/12 11:29 AM

So glad to hear the little white girl made it!!!

How are they doing now? Any new pictures? gsdbeggin

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 09/14/12 03:58 PM

Yes new pics please!! gsdbeggin

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 10/05/12 12:02 AM

Sorry for the lack of updates. Lets say I've been "a little" busy and my camera died... the new one, the one I bought after to other one died of old age... sigh.

But I received a bunch of friends this weekend at home and one of them took this pictures of the baby girls. and who knows... maybe one day I'll learn how to download the dozens I have on my cell phone.

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 10/05/12 06:56 AM

They look fat and happy!

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 10/05/12 08:30 AM

That was worth the wait, Catu - I love the one with them clustered around your feet!
Posted by: Hatterasser

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 10/05/12 08:34 PM

Looks like the little brown fellow is either giving her a kiss or taking a chomp on her cheek. *laughs*

Poor little white gal is not looking skinny but she does look a little bit sad and down in the dumps. Still it's good to see her on her feet and interacting with her siblings. That seems to be a good sign.

You're doing a great job with her. I'm sure she'll be picking up more each day. Hope you'll keep the pictures coming. Would love to see them growing.

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 11/07/12 08:30 AM

How are the puppies doing? All well and adopted?
They were so very fortunate to be under your wings and, because of that, live.

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 11/07/12 08:59 AM

Oh yes!!! The first to go was Brown girl, a bit later white girl followed. Finally the black one, who I had named Lippi left past Thursday. It was good she went to her new home the day before I traveled to a trial with Akela, because I had fell in love with that crazy little thing... I even slept with her in my bed and if my head where not in the right place and I had only followed my heart, I'd have kept her. But today or tomorrow I'm going to pick a kitten I'm adopting, so I hope he helps to fill her place.

Here are some pics I took of Lippi a couple of days before was adopted.

Posted by: BowWowMeow

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 11/07/12 11:58 AM

Aw, she's so cute!!!!!! Glad to hear that they all found good homes. Do you have your kitten picked out already????
Posted by: Wolfie

Re: My life was not complicated enough... - 11/08/12 03:04 AM

Catu, what a fantastic update on your three fosters. They are all adorable!!

I'm thrilled to hear they have been adopted and are doing well. smile

goodjob